F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meridian Surround, some final thoughts

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:28 AM
Received 186 Likes on 136 Posts
Default Meridian Surround, some final thoughts

I know these stereos take a beating on here, and in the car reviews, but after driving this thing since May/June I have to say a find this Meridian Surround setup to be very good. I always drives with the windows down, and I'm often marvelling in my head how great it sounds when I have it cranked up a bit to overcome the wind noise and whatnot. This is with a regular FM radio signal as well.

I don't know if they've greatly improved these things, or if I am and really easy to please. Either way, I really think it's great. I waited a while before kinda coming to a "final" decision on it given all the comments that exist around this Meridian gear. For future buyers that could be perusing the forum ahead of a purchase, just wanted to let you know that it actually is possible for someone to be satisfied with these units ;-) Despite what is being said out there...

Maybe I would have been satisfied with the base unit, but I'm still glad I ticked the box for this higher powered surround upgrade to give things the best chance possible of meeting my needs. It definitely does. I'd almost be curious to try a base unit to see how bad they are. I suspect I'm just easy to please and would find it acceptable ;-) That's my best guess.

Cheers

Old Yesterday, 07:44 AM
Received 263 Likes on 134 Posts

I fully agree....the stereo is quite good. If you are an audiophile (stereo), given the exhaust note of this car one could perhaps state that it is inappropriate/unfair to even expect an audiophile level experience - you buy a car like this because you want to hear the car, not just the music. Jaguar nailed it.

The following 2 users liked this post by jcb-memphis:
DMeister (Yesterday), sov211 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:54 AM
Received 186 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
I fully agree....the stereo is quite good. If you are an audiophile (stereo), given the exhaust note of this car one could perhaps state that it is inappropriate/unfair to even expect an audiophile level experience - you buy a car like this because you want to hear the car, not just the music. Jaguar nailed it.
So true, more often than not I'm turning the radio down because it is interfering with hearing what I want to hear when gearing down or taking off ;-) Seriously, often...lol

The following users liked this post:
jcb-memphis (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 04:19 PM
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

I have to say I find this Meridian Surround setup to be very good.
So true...the surround setup sounded very good in my 2016MY and significantly better in 2024.
Don't know specifically what components of the sound system have been improved, but appreciate the results.

Old Yesterday, 11:27 PM
Received 93 Likes on 52 Posts

If you listen to the music you will be totally happy. If you are into elite audio for its own sake and listen to the "system" you may want to upgrade. No wrong answers.