XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Small hose expansion tank to metal hoses.

Search this Thread

Old Today | 05:15 AM
|
Default Small hose expansion tank to metal hoses.

Had a search but can't find it . There is a small hose from the expansion tank down to the metal hoses. Held with a clip at each end . I know it's a known weak spot and mine does have a large split in it . Not leaking yet surprisingly, although I am out later today so it's bound to . It's about 6 inches long total.
I have read it's not a part to buy individually, but others must have a solution. It may be different size at each end , I think I have read?

Any experience and solutions welcome, thank you.
2007 XK

Last edited by Cliffords; Today at 11:27 AM. Reason: Added pics
Old Today | 01:53 PM
Veteran Member

A tighter clamp on the bottom with a hose that fits best you can find? Small diameter lines carry little actual pressure since such a small area.

Old Today | 03:25 PM

Dealer says you can't buy the rubber hose alone, you have to buy the entire assembly of metal piping. Thats nutz - I just fabricated my own hose. Make sure that the spigot from the tank isn't the culprit - that's a weak point and the fluid runs downward, maybe looking like that the hose is the culprit.
​​

Old Today | 04:35 PM
|

Originally Posted by Tracee
Dealer says you can't buy the rubber hose alone, you have to buy the entire assembly of metal piping. Thats nutz - I just fabricated my own hose. Make sure that the spigot from the tank isn't the culprit - that's a weak point and the fluid runs downward, maybe looking like that the hose is the culprit.
​​
It's not actually leaking right now , but it has a split in in , see first pic.
I will experiment with some hoses over the next few days , perhaps one hose of the spigot size with a smaller hose pushed in for the lower connection. Made up with a metal sleeve for the join. Easy access but a short run for a fiddly hose .
It must be a common fail now , but there does not seem to be anything already made up,available here in the UK.