Sights N Sounds Post all of your video and sounds clips here.

2004 XJR vs Many(Video's)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How would a STR fair against a XJR?

Old 04-02-2010, 08:19 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would imagine they are pretty even...it just comes down to weight. I think the 04+ xjr is lighter so it should have the upper hand...not sure about the weight of the previous generation xjr.

Old 04-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by patrickw813
Can't wait for the video of you vs. the M5! I juuust got the videos of me sliding around in the XJR from my buddy today. They don't look as good as I hoped, however, I will still edit and upload them. In the meantime, check out this race against a convertible 350Z that I had. The guy was flying everywhere and passing cars. Luckily, I was next to him at a red light....and that was the end of that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU7QvY6_Zvk
Wow 350z's make dam good punching bags... My ex-girlfriend has a 350z drop top and she always attempts to down play my XJR.. I just tell her not everybody can afford a Nissan. One night leaving a club her and I got in a little access road run... Needless to say that I quickly reminded her who her daddy was..

On a side note I just completed a big tune up on my car and found numerous issues that I corrected. I've been beating up the streets with a limping cat.. Spark plugs were horrible, intake had a huge hole in it, which I believe the dealer caused. Also I had a bad PCV valve and a boost leak out of the supercharger duct seal.. Now my traction light stays on until between 75 & 85 mph on good dry pavement and I have new rear tires.

Last week on my way into Dallas I had a great run with a BMW 645i coupe.. On a wiiiide open highway he jumped me at 70mph but I was already in 3rd ready to put the hammer down.. We ran up to 145 where I had him by 2+ cars.. I wish I had a video.. The guy did a quadruple take when I let him catch back up.. It was hillarious! He may have sprained his neck from the looks of it...

Check out this vid from last weekend.. I pulled into a car meet as this 04 Buillitt Mustang was pulling out. He agreed to a run and asked if I had a v12 under my hood.. I told him nope just V8 as he replied with a smile. Be sure to listen to my passangers response.... Daaaaaaaaaaamn!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvr0Qp7_AVo

We got in that one run and then the guy did the three lane exit while we were trying to line up again. He had his girlfriend in the car, I guess he didn't want to get dogged out again.. He beat me back to the meet and had already talked to my friends whom asked him what happened. He said man what the hell that thing has a turbo or something on it, I could hear it. He also said he lost by only 2 legnths. When I showed my friends the video one of them said "I guess he meant 2 train legnths?" Haha

Originally Posted by SJcat
How would a STR fair against a XJR?
Check out the link below. We ran 3 times but this is the only run I got on camera. On all runs the XJR was out front. Both cars are stock and both 2004 models. STR gets a big jump in this video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irLlmjZIQyw

Originally Posted by budsang1
I would imagine they are pretty even...it just comes down to weight. I think the 04+ xjr is lighter so it should have the upper hand...not sure about the weight of the previous generation xjr.
See the link and info above... Correct 04+ XJR weight advantage is substantial enough to make a performance diffrence. I also owned a stock 2001 XJR and ran another friends stock 04 STR. We ran until he gave up but it was extreamly close. Runs from 45-150mph had the XJR out front by only 5 or 6 feet. I'm still kicking myself to this day for not getting a video of those runs.. Oh well and my new XJR is certainly quicker than my 01.

Old 04-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Received 103 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by TZ04XJR
Wow 350z's make dam good punching bags... My ex-girlfriend has a 350z drop top and she always attempts to down play my XJR.. I just tell her not everybody can afford a Nissan. One night leaving a club her and I got in a little access road run... Needless to say that I quickly reminded her who her daddy was..

On a side note I just completed a big tune up on my car and found numerous issues that I corrected. I've been beating up the streets with a limping cat.. Spark plugs were horrible, intake had a huge hole in it, which I believe the dealer caused. Also I had a bad PCV valve and a boost leak out of the supercharger duct seal.. Now my traction light stays on until between 75 & 85 mph on good dry pavement and I have new rear tires.

Last week on my way into Dallas I had a great run with a BMW 645i coupe.. On a wiiiide open highway he jumped me at 70mph but I was already in 3rd ready to put the hammer down.. We ran up to 145 where I had him by 2+ cars.. I wish I had a video.. The guy did a quadruple take when I let him catch back up.. It was hillarious! He may have sprained his neck from the looks of it...

Check out this vid from last weekend.. I pulled into a car meet as this 04 Buillitt Mustang was pulling out. He agreed to a run and asked if I had a v12 under my hood.. I told him nope just V8 as he replied with a smile. Be sure to listen to my passangers response.... Daaaaaaaaaaamn!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvr0Qp7_AVo

We got in that one run and then the guy did the three lane exit while we were trying to line up again. He had his girlfriend in the car, I guess he didn't want to get dogged out again.. He beat me back to the meet and had already talked to my friends whom asked him what happened. He said man what the hell that thing has a turbo or something on it, I could hear it. He also said he lost by only 2 legnths. When I showed my friends the video one of them said "I guess he meant 2 train legnths?" Haha

Check out the link below. We ran 3 times but this is the only run I got on camera. On all runs the XJR was out front. Both cars are stock and both 2004 models. STR gets a big jump in this video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irLlmjZIQyw

See the link and info above... Correct 04+ XJR weight advantage is substantial enough to make a performance diffrence. I also owned a stock 2001 XJR and ran another friends stock 04 STR. We ran until he gave up but it was extreamly close. Runs from 45-150mph had the XJR out front by only 5 or 6 feet. I'm still kicking myself to this day for not getting a video of those runs.. Oh well and my new XJR is certainly quicker than my 01.
Hmm...I wonder if my car will benefit from a nice tune up. How many miles does your XJR currently have? I have about 42,000 on the clock...but these 42,000 miles have been very hard miles. I remember when I was reading back my boost levels from an OBD monitor, I was only getting back around 13 to 13.5 psi of boost when, in technicality, I should be closer to 14.5 psi of boost. I have heard about the supercharger duct seals being a common issue on these cars...how were you able to diagnose this problem?

I raced a 550i on the freeway a couple weeks back...I had him by more than a couple car lengths by the time I hit the speed limiter. I was surprised at the amount I did pull on him. At first, I thought he let off but when we hit traffic, he rolls up next to me and asks how fast I went. I told him about 160 and he said that he just went 150. I don't know what happened there...I would assume that he wouldn't have been so far off.

The Bullitt Mustang you raced, or that body style of Mustang, seems to get smashed on a lot by our cars! At the track, the only Mustang of that body style I have lost to was an SVT Cobra with basic bolt ons. Even still, he was only about a car and a half ahead by the end of the quarter mile. His drag radials gave him a hell of a jump at the start!

As I promised, here is a small little video compilation of my attempts to drift my XJR with sticky tires in damp weather! I really wish that our cars had a mechanical LSD as I could easily keep the slides going. When I had my bald P-Zeros, it somewhat substituted as an LSD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm1QDFP-TbY

My friend is getting an S-Type R and is convinced that the smaller body of the car is going to help him beat my "old mans cruiser". I really wish you got video of the times the XJR pulled on the STR! But from your video, you can easily tell that the XJR leveled out and started to pull back the STR before it let off.

Great videos man! I always look forward to any videos that you may take!

Old 05-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Received 103 Likes on 49 Posts

More videos from the track this past weekend...

XJR vs. '08 350Z - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IApc8D1Ggps
XJR vs. Subaru WRX Wagon - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKd6L1l5zXY
XJR vs. Civic Si Sedan - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNXtT...layer_embedded

Last edited by patrickw813; 05-03-2010 at 05:34 PM.