Brake Disc info

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017 | 09:34 AM
|
Default Brake Disc info

Hello, I'm about to buy a 2007 XKR. Everything is spot on except a judder in the brake disc according to the RAC.
The garage are going to inspect it, they say it was fine before, so need to check it out before they decide what they'll do.

Need to work out how much to knock off the price if they don't change them, or how much extra this car is going to cost me.
Disc prices vary massively.
When I had some discs fitted to my BMW 5 series they warped in no time, constant problems until I went OEM.

What do you guys use? What do you recommend?

I found a company called British Parts had discs for a decent price, but they couldn't tell me who manufactured them (though come with a 12 month guarantee).

Any advice welcome.

Many thanks

Old 04-18-2017 | 10:36 AM

You'd be better off posting this in the XK section, but the chances that the rotors are truly warped are slim. Most times the 'juddering' is caused by residual pad material that has adhered to the rotor friction surface. The fix can be done by any corner grage and costs very little.

I'd suspect this before assuming that new rotors and pads are required.

Old 04-18-2017 | 11:17 AM
|

Originally Posted by Mikey
You'd be better off posting this in the XK section, but the chances that the rotors are truly warped are slim. Most times the 'juddering' is caused by residual pad material that has adhered to the rotor friction surface. The fix can be done by any corner grage and costs very little.

I'd suspect this before assuming that new rotors and pads are required.
Not heard of that before, very useful info, much appreciated, thank you.