Central Locking Not Working via Fob or Dash

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2024, 06:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Central Locking Not Working via Fob or Dash

Hi all,
I knnow this is a relatively common issue, and I've read some of the threads here regarding the issue, but wanted to create my own to see if I can get some more direct advice.
So,
My father bought a 2013 Jag XF two weeks ago. The car works perfectly fine, runs well, but the central locking does not work. I've already had a guy out to program some new fobs (wasn't the issue, but hey, I have 3 keys now). The fobs WILL turn on the lights and open the boot. However they WILL NOT unlock/lock any doors, or activate the alarm (or hazards, can't remember what the button is). Any ideas for a fix? II keep seeing Jag SDD and specifcally using the immobilisation function, we do not have a laptop to do this though annoyiingly. He does have a Vident pro, but the only immobiliisation function that offers is key programming/verification/etc.

Would love some direction on this. Also, he is based in Hull, so if there is a nearby place people recommend that could fix this issue he could make the trip.

Thanks in advance.

Old 07-26-2024, 10:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,497 Likes on 1,956 Posts

I think your right and I would look for a shop with a working SDD if you don't do this yourself.
You did not post any error codes so no way to help?

Old 07-26-2024, 10:41 AM

I do not have any error codes which is why I didn't post them. I have a copy of SDD on the way to try and sort out the immobilisation. Hopefully that sorts it.

Old 07-27-2024, 08:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,497 Likes on 1,956 Posts

I meant that I don't think the scanner your using can go deep enough into the car?
Get SDD and see if it shows any codes. Be aware that SDD is clunky and confusing to use.

There are some pretty good Jaguar after market scanners out there but you did not tell us what you used? I have several myself BUT SDD is always above and beyond any of the non-factory ones.

Old 08-03-2024, 07:20 AM

So an update to this.
I recieved my SDD and mongoose cabel, ran immobilisation and redid both both batteries. Key fobs now work for all 3 keys, but drivers door and drivers side passenger door dont lock with the fob. I'm going to replace the door locks themselves as I not believe they have both worn out the motors (the rear passengers side has a faint flicker of reaction which leads me to believe the motors have gone). Will update as and when I've replaced them. SDD was super easy to use and has "fixed" my inital problem of the fobs not even activating doors. Now the fobs work as intended.

Old 08-06-2024, 12:27 PM

A final update to this issue.
The issue has been fixed. Replacing the door actuator on the drivers door has now allowed me to lock and unlock the door via fob and dash buttons. I at some point need to replace the drivers-side rear lock as well, but that can wait until another day. So, for anyone else who has this issue, Jaguar SDD and immobilisation will fix the fobs, but if your door/s still won't lock, chances are you need to replace the actuator as well.