Coolant leak near the egr/ egr cooler. Jaguar xf 2.2d 2012

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 04:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant leak near the egr/ egr cooler. Jaguar xf 2.2d 2012

Hi guys, Im struggling with a annoying leak coming from the gasket area between the egr and egr cooler on my xf 2.2d. The jaguar technician from the AA diagnosed it as the gasket, so off I went to my local garage which I have used for over a decade and they agreed. Got it replaced ( dealer supplied gasket)and after a day or two i smelt the dreaded smell of coolant hitting the cat 😫. The garage said it must be either the egr or egr cooler but couldnt see any damage to either when they replaced the gasket. Obviously I'm stressing now as a relatively cheap repair could turn very expensive, my garage were very good friends with a jaguar landrover tech at our local dealer so he agreed to investigate and fix on his days off. He said it was the egr so he replaced it with a new one from the dealer . Picked the car up and it's still bloody leaking ( not as bad but still leaking) I've told him I'm not paying until it's fixed, the JL tech said this is very strange the cooler is fine nothing wrong with it. He said he has spoken to some of his colleagues and they suggested replacing the bolts to new as they should be replaced upon new egr/ cooler. Sorry for the long post but it's doing my head in. Anyone had a similar problem? Much appreciated

Old 10-22-2019, 10:26 AM
Received 528 Likes on 427 Posts

Hi Chris,
Really sorry to hear youy have ongoing issues - it can be a nightmare figuing coolant leaks.. you may be best off re-posting this in the XDF section where you will find a host of XF owners who will most likley have some possible solutions for you ... https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xf-x260-99/
Very best regards,
Steve

Old 12-11-2021, 12:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Russell
Hi guys, Im struggling with a annoying leak coming from the gasket area between the egr and egr cooler on my xf 2.2d. The jaguar technician from the AA diagnosed it as the gasket, so off I went to my local garage which I have used for over a decade and they agreed. Got it replaced ( dealer supplied gasket)and after a day or two i smelt the dreaded smell of coolant hitting the cat 😫. The garage said it must be either the egr or egr cooler but couldnt see any damage to either when they replaced the gasket. Obviously I'm stressing now as a relatively cheap repair could turn very expensive, my garage were very good friends with a jaguar landrover tech at our local dealer so he agreed to investigate and fix on his days off. He said it was the egr so he replaced it with a new one from the dealer . Picked the car up and it's still bloody leaking ( not as bad but still leaking) I've told him I'm not paying until it's fixed, the JL tech said this is very strange the cooler is fine nothing wrong with it. He said he has spoken to some of his colleagues and they suggested replacing the bolts to new as they should be replaced upon new egr/ cooler. Sorry for the long post but it's doing my head in. Anyone had a similar problem? Much appreciated
hi i got same problem did you find out what is the problem