HUGE Thanks to a UK seller

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2024, 04:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,442 Likes on 898 Posts
Default HUGE Thanks to a UK seller

I hope it's OK for an Aussie convict to post here. . . . I have deep-rooted praise for a UK supplier, Pitney Boyes UK, from whom I purchased a 2006/7 SatNav DVD disk module for my X-Type which, after a few hiccups, failed with familiar "Not a maps disk" error.

It goes without saying I have no commercial relationship with this supplier, nor the FleaBay Global shipping Program, nor Startrack Oz but, together, they got this item to me inside a fortnight. This easily beats many of my interstate Oz purchases . . . and without needing to re-mortgage my home! This is at odds with many of our UK or USA purchases which often cost as much as the item for delivery to here.

Mind you, Inverell in outback Oz relies on a party-line of signal fires, tin cans and string to connect us via several hundred kilo-mile-thingies to reach the internet in far off capital cities, the closest being a fortnight's drive away, hence the caravan in my avatar . . . because recent rains have proved a persistent problem with the chain of signal fires!

Provided you get this message from our side of the galaxy, and this module works as advertised, I am happy to reward great service with a firm recommendation. .Bonus, if I can diagnose and repair failed PCM player module, is that it's common to same era S-Type and XJ8. Any hints on module tests before I re-post in those forums? All thoughts welcome. Bruce & Charlie have plenty of dry kindling stored to pass on your forum replies to me in far off Inverell (fingers crossed) . . ..

Cheers,