new or old

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 04:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile new or old

what is the best jaguar? I have the old school xj6tdi sov, 56 plate. I love it inside out, ive seen some of the new models but just because there new doesn't make them better, just newer! lol I know the new models will have more power, better mpg, but I like the classic old school big huge rides with the chrome ***** on the bonnet! im in love with it, wouldn't swap it for anything in the world! apart from maybe a night in with Kelly brooke or a night out with kate moss! lol tell me what your ride is and why you think its better than the rest.

Old 09-29-2014, 10:38 AM
Received 528 Likes on 427 Posts

OK I give in and I'll do my bit.. Whilst I love my X-Type I would say the XJ8 sport that I had prior to it .. the car has charisma and real presence on the road.. other people are more courteous when you are driving this gorgeous Jaguar classic.. the kids in the back have leather seats for mopping up spills, and they are further back from the front and further apart making the typical in transit arguments between them more difficult.. in the winter they have their own warm air feeders under the front seats to prevent them saying they are cold when I am toastie and the heated front seats give a really warm bottom even in cold weather :-) even the boot is at just the right level incredibly easy to load.. and that v8 engine.. that huge block of two rows of cylinders.. that is the creme de la creme.. the icing on the cake.. anyone else out there?

Old 10-05-2014, 06:42 PM
GGG
Received 16,860 Likes on 12,186 Posts

I wish I still had every Jaguar I've ever owned in more than forty years lined up in the garage. Each one has been memorable in its own way.

Graham