A North West Meet in February.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 03:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,454 Likes on 1,951 Posts
Default A North West Meet in February.

Hi, fellow North Westers !

I have today reconnoitered another meet venue I suggested - New Brighton Promenade. It's been quite a few years since I went there and there have been quite a few changes, all very much for the better. There is now a new shopping, cinema, restaurant development, plus a new theatre and conference centre called Floral Pavilion. We parked up in the car-park nearest the shops, close to Morrisons who have a supermarket here, and walked down towards Fort Perch and the Mersey.

The Floral Pavilion theatre is very pleasant, there is a raised and glazed belvedere looking out across the Mersey, with a cafe. Today a pianist was playing a selection of short numbers, and it was really very pleasant indeed to sit there and take tea and a cake. I have never seen so much shipping activity on the Mersey as today ! We watched as a large bulk carrier arrived and was manoevred by three tugs into the lock for the docks.

After a very thorough check, it seems all parking is free and also untimed. Having said this, however, the spaces nearest to the cinema and Perch Point seemed very full. The rest of the promenade was almost entirely clear, (it was blowing a wind, so not many people about). You can read all about the "New" New Brighton here: -

New Brighton - Visit Wirral

So I suggest a meet here, but we would meet up on the promenade so we can all gather together, then move down and try to find spaces nearer the facilities where I cannot guarantee we can all park together.

So.....What day suits most people ? A Sunday is probably the best for most of us. If it makes any difference, school half term is from Mon 18th to Fri 22nd February.

My feeling is to go for Sunday 24th February, unless somebody knows of some event or other that clashes, and also weather permitting. The snow has gone, but it could come back again !!

Please reply to this post as soon as possible.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:54 PM
Veteran Member

Bump !

Anybody ? It's quite nice, y'know, if a bit windy !

Old 02-11-2013, 05:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you guys meet on a regular basis? I ask because it is always good to meet up with fellow enthusiasts

Old 02-12-2013, 02:21 PM
Veteran Member

Do you guys meet on a regular basis?
Not at the moment. I am in the Jaguar Enthusiasts Club, and attend the Cheshire Group meetings, (plus the local MG MIdget and AH SPrite Clube meetings too, as I have a 1977 Midget). There is also a Lancashire group of the JEC, too.

Did you want to meet at New Brighton ?

Old 02-13-2013, 06:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

possibly yeah. I haven't actually taken ownership on the car yet as I am waiting for the present owner to get his new jag and change the plates over.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:15 AM
Veteran Member
Default Not to take place

IN view of the dearth of replies to my proposal, I am not now going to proceed.