Towing bracket

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 01:14 PM
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Towing bracket

Hi. Has anyone fitted their own?
Why I ask is I have read that it can be done without removing the bumper. I cant see how. Whoever you get the bracket from the design is very similar.
Anyone?

Old 06-19-2017, 05:52 PM

Fitted my own from Towshure Uk. Simple job to fit and no the bumper does not have to be removed.

The following users liked this post:
SteveSheldon (06-21-2017)
Old 08-18-2017, 01:51 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad to hear this went simply for you Dunks. I'm about to get and fit one for myself too.
From what I've seen, some bracketry fits to the rear frame rails and then the bit which holds the towball kind of drops down and swan-necks under the bumper and up again. Is this what you found ?
Is your car a saloon or estate ? From what I have seen, both saloon and estate appear to take the same towbar - which is quite unusual. Can anybody comment on this ?

Old 08-18-2017, 02:53 PM
Default Towing bracket

Hi you are correct. Holes are already there for the main supports. Only awkward but is getting the crossmember up under the bumper but it can be done. Start to finish my son did the mechanicals twenty mins flat. We only jacked up the rear onto axle stands and left the bumper on.

Only thing I would suggest is check if you do actually need a bypass relay. My kit came with one and I fitted it. Everyone says one is req, but as I discovered later and to my amazement even though my car is top of the range it does not have bulb failure indication. Which is why you need a relay.

Mine is a saloon but instructions are for both saloon and estate.

Old 08-18-2017, 07:18 PM
Received 113 Likes on 86 Posts

Had a quick look at fitting a towbar on my S Type.
Jag says all the holes/marks are already there and no bumper removal required either.
Just another job on the list of things to do..................

Old 03-20-2018, 05:15 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I fitted one to my S Type (03). It required bumper removal, holes were all there, 2 restrain hangers needed to be removed from the chassis bearers underneath. Removal and refitting of the bumper was the most difficult part with all the inner panels etc that needed to be removed. The bumper itself bolted on easily. Bumper required a small cut out.