UK Meets

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 12:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 385 Likes on 310 Posts

Hi Steve, I just want to make clear that the Monthly breakfast run is not at Hayden, it is at the British Motor Museum, Gaydon.

British Motor Museum
Banbury Road,
Gaydon,
Warwickshire,
CV35 0BJ

https://www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk/

Closest motorway Junction is J12 of the M40 motorway which now has exits both northbound and southbound. (It was limited access up until a year or two ago) After leaving the M40 at J12 both slip roads come to a single carriageway with traffic light control. Turn left from either slip towards Gaydon and at the next set of lights turn left on the B4100 towards Lighthorne and Banbury. Stay on the B4100 past the main gate entrance for Jaguar and Aston Martin and the museum entrance is on the right hand side very soon after that. Only ten minutes at most from the M40 J12.
The museum is very much worth a visit. Ive been many times and they usually have some very special cars in as a surprise. Either brand new RR or AM cars
or celebrity cars like a Thunderbirds car as owned by Lady Penelope in the tv series. But these change regularly.
My son was invited to sit in a new hand built, racing Mini costing £60,000 and faster accelerating than most Ferrari's. This car was loaned to the museum pending export to the buyer.
I would have gone this Saturday but I'm already committed that day.

Last edited by Busa; 08-01-2018 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-02-2018, 03:55 AM
Received 528 Likes on 427 Posts

Thankyou for that Busa - I have updated things based on your info - hope I have paraphrased OK for you - if not, please just let me know :-)

Monthly Breakfest at Gayden
The Jaguar ‘Breakfest’ is a monthly breakfast meet open to all Jaguar owners and enthusiasts regardless of affiliation to a club, forum or group. We meet on the first Saturday of each month (commencing 2nd April 2016) at the prestigious location of the British Motor Museum, Banbury Road,Gaydon, Warwickshire, CV35 0BJ https://www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk/ . The museum is very much worth a visit. They usually have some very special cars in as a surprise. Either brand new RR or AM cars or celebrity cars like a Thunderbirds car as owned by Lady Penelope in the tv series. But these change regularly.
This is a free, friendly and informal gathering, so just turn up anytime from 09.30 (when the café opens) and stay as long as you wish. There is no obligation to visit the museum itself, although discounted tickets are available (£9 for the day or £14 (gift aid) to receive unlimited access to the museum for 12 months and ideal for those who plan to come regularly). To find your way there, the closest motorway Junction is J12 of the M40 motorway which now has exits both northbound and southbound. (It was limited access up until a year or two ago) After leaving the M40 at J12 both slip roads come to a single carriageway with traffic light control. Turn left from either slip towards Gaydon and at the next set of lights turn left on the B4100 towards Lighthorne and Banbury. Stay on the B4100 past the main gate entrance for Jaguar and Aston Martin and the museum entrance is on the right hand side very soon after that. Only ten minutes at most from the M40 J12. See the event thread here: New Monthly Jaguar 'Breakfest' Meet at Gaydon

Saturday 1st September 2018 - Scottish Convoy - Jaguar XJ 50th Celebrations
JLR Classic works, Imperial Road, Prologis Park, Ryton, Coventry, CV8 3LF
As some of you may know, there's a very big event coming up, The Jaguar XJ 50th celebrations at Coventry on Saturday 1st Sept
It looks like it's going to be huge, with loads going on and plenty of weel kent faces and many new ones too.....
"JLR’s s commitment to the future of Classic Jaguar is epitomised by this purpose-built Classic facility - the largest of its kind in the world. The state-of-the-art facility consolidates all Classic operations under one roof, comprising 54 individual workshop bays, a dedicated engine shop and space for 480 vehicles. In addition to servicing and restoration of customer cars, history is being brought back to life by the meticulous rebuilding of limited edition classic Jaguars including the Series 1 E-type, and creating New Originals including the iconic Lightweight E-type, legendary XKSS and D-type. A visit to Classic works is a truly extraordinary experience!" The address is: JLR Classic works, Imperial Road, Prologis Park, Ryton, Coventry, CV8 3LF For full details of the event, booking details, and possible convoy see the thread here: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/u...convoy-205760/

If you have an event to add please post here, or pm me, or even email me at stephen.sheldon@solidlinux.co.uk and I will add your event in

The following users liked this post:
Busa (08-03-2018)
Old 09-02-2018, 01:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 668 Likes on 451 Posts

Anything non-model specific coming up from October 2018 onwards?

Pick up my new (to me) XK Design R 1st October, it'll be a daily driver (albeit not more than 5k per annum as have two other cars).

And no, I've no interest in joining the XKEC.

Old 04-15-2019, 02:06 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

is anyone attending Simply Jaguar at Beaulieu motor museum on 14th July ? we are staying at the montage arms the night before would be good to meet up with anyone in the area

Old 04-15-2019, 05:43 AM
Received 528 Likes on 427 Posts

Monthly Breakfest at Gayden
The Jaguar ‘Breakfest’ is a monthly breakfast meet open to all Jaguar owners and enthusiasts regardless of affiliation to a club, forum or group. We meet on the first Saturday of each month (commencing 2nd April 2016) at the prestigious location of the British Motor Museum, Banbury Road,Gaydon, Warwickshire, CV35 0BJ https://www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk/ . The museum is very much worth a visit. They usually have some very special cars in as a surprise. Either brand new RR or AM cars or celebrity cars like a Thunderbirds car as owned by Lady Penelope in the tv series. But these change regularly.
This is a free, friendly and informal gathering, so just turn up anytime from 09.30 (when the café opens) and stay as long as you wish. There is no obligation to visit the museum itself, although discounted tickets are available (£9 for the day or £14 (gift aid) to receive unlimited access to the museum for 12 months and ideal for those who plan to come regularly). To find your way there, the closest motorway Junction is J12 of the M40 motorway which now has exits both northbound and southbound. (It was limited access up until a year or two ago) After leaving the M40 at J12 both slip roads come to a single carriageway with traffic light control. Turn left from either slip towards Gaydon and at the next set of lights turn left on the B4100 towards Lighthorne and Banbury. Stay on the B4100 past the main gate entrance for Jaguar and Aston Martin and the museum entrance is on the right hand side very soon after that. Only ten minutes at most from the M40 J12. See the event thread here: New Monthly Jaguar 'Breakfest' Meet at Gaydon

26th May 2019 JaguarForumsUK Convoy & Meet Event
This annual event is back again, with an initial meet at Pease Pottage Services, where the will be event registration with free Welcome Packs handed out, followed by a convoy/drive to Denbies (the largest wine estate in England) for the main event with awards, a quiz, talks by the Pro's, a prize draw and loads more. You can find the thread here https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/u...2019-a-202733/

14th July 2019 Langley Castle Run/Meet with Gentlemans Afternoon Tea
The date is locked in for Sunday 14th July 2019 The plan is to meet at KFC, Bridge Lane, Penrith, CA11 8HW which is just off Jctn 40 of the M6 Link
We'll be looking to meet there at 10.00am and congregate, gathering the convoy together in preparation for the run We'd be leaving KFC at 10.30 am for the run. The designated route will be along the A686 from Penrith with the ultimate destination being Langley Castle hotel. The Castle offers a choice of traditional afternoon tea / confectioners afternoon tea, or, wait for it...….Gentleman's afternoon tea! ( quite suitable for a Jaguar owner don't you think? ) The prices are from £14.50 - £19.50 and so a little more expensive, but, you and your Jag are worth it. The route is the A686, A road worthy of driving allegedly, see here...... www.drivingroads.co.uk/hartside-pass-a686
"The actual Hartside Pass is only small part of this route, but the whole of the A686 is an excellent road to drive, so why just stop at once you have done the pass, complete the whole road and have a huge smile on your face after getting to the A69 near Hexam." See the event thread here https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/u...h-july-216175/

If you have an event to add please post here, or pm me, or even email me at stephen.sheldon@solidlinux.co.uk and I will add your event in

Last edited by SteveSheldon; 04-15-2019 at 06:11 AM.
The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (04-15-2019)
Old 02-11-2020, 05:46 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi just joined, anything planned for 2020 yet?