UK South East Meet December 2014 in Brighton

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 09:49 AM
Received 528 Likes on 427 Posts

Hi Jim, Thankyou for the forum decals - I'll add them to the small stock I have here ready for the meet. All appears to be under control.. itinerary is in process of being finalised for release next week, the usual dashboard sheets etc are organised, I am hoping the Harwoods Jaguar part of the welcome pack will be with me in the next few days, Monday I should have an idea of any suppliers I have got onboard with the welcome packs, and there is a couple of other things I can't remember also on the go as well :-) but yes all is on schedule (so far at least :-))

Old 10-31-2014, 10:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Steve, bulk email sent out to 1708 member in the UK on your behalf.......it may generate a little more interest for you.

Best

Jim

The following users liked this post:
SteveSheldon (10-31-2014)
Old 10-31-2014, 10:31 AM

I know winter is usually a dark grey sort of time of year with plenty of rain, wind, and bad weather leaving us little choice but to hunker down in front of a TV watching archived film clips of our favourite cars on TopGear..

In south-east UK we don't do this - we organise our bi-annual Brighton social run & meet!

This years winter meet is happening on Sunday 7th December - with a social run down from Pease Pottage Services to Madiera Drive, Brighton, everyone parking up in one huge block of cars (parking £1 per hour, £4 for the morning, or £7 for the day), followed by a fixed price big breakfast (£5.00 per person inc tea/coffee) to set us up for the morning. I am in the process of organising what I can and a full itinery will be listed next week including all and any exact costs there may be.. so you know everything you need to know before the event.

It's a great chance for you to have a break from the Christmas rush and shopping and to have some time with great company, fantastic cars, a mug of tea and something to eat..

Please note that with this being the Winter meet it is open to other marques - with a warm Jaguar welcome for everyone.

In case you are wondering - this will be the third Bi-Annual Brighton meet and the details of the last one can be found here: UK South East Meet Spring/Summer 2014 in Brighton if you want to check it out..Just so you know who has indicated an interest (in no particular order) in attending on the day, so far it looks like this....

If you would like to be added please just make a post saying so (or if non member email me at JaguarForumsUK@solidlinux.co.uk to be added) and I will be very happy to add you to the list.

Listed below are Car details plus occupants (inc driver) where we have the info.

Current List:

Jaguar..
SteveSheldon (me:-)) 2002 X-Type 2.5 (classic) manual + 1
Ngarara (Jaguarforums.com) 2010 XKR 75 + 1
HarleyJagMan (Jaguarforums.com) 2007 XK8 4.2 convertible + 1
SCM (Jaguarforum.co.uk) 2010 XKR 5.0 + 1
HMSMotorsport (Jaguarforum.co.uk) 1997 XJ6 X300 + 1
DJ Sonic (Jaguarforum.co.uk) 2001 Silver XKR + 2
MrMichael (Jaguarforums.com) 2002 X-Type 2.0 + 1
BigTel (Jaguarforum.co.uk) XFR-100 + 1
JgBird (Jaguarforums.com) 2001 XKR + 1
DerryJag (Jaguarforum.co.uk) 2011 XF 3.0 + 1
Ric63 (Jaguarforum.co.uk)
2005 X-Type 2.2D + 1

Egg (Jaguarforums.com) 2009 XF Prem Lux + 1
Brian R (Jaguarforum.co.uk) 2007 STR + 1
CarlXK8 (JaguarForums.com) 2010 XK + 1

Andrew65 (JaguarOwnersClub.com) 2007 X-Type 2.2 Estate + 1
Dave114 (JaguarForums.com) 2002 X-Type 3.0 SE + 1
Tovarish Chernokot (JaguarOwnersClub.com) 2000 S-Type + 1
Tony J (JaguarForums.com) 2014 F-Type V6s Coupe + 2
Charles Selwyn (JaguarForum.co.uk) 2003 S-Type 4.2 V8 + 1
Mtl (JaguarForum.co.uk) 2004 Silver X-Type 2.D Sport + 1
Danant (JaguarForum.co.uk) X-Type 2.5 Auto + 1
Jonathon Hall (JaguarForum.co.uk) 1996 X300 4.0 Sport +1
Nembsbe (JaguarForum.co.uk) 2009 XF-R Sport 5.0 + 2
Vicslade 141 (JaguarForum.co.uk) 1995 XJ6 + 1
Jubba (JaguarForums.com) 1968 Mk2 (in cream with red leather) + 1

Stew.Smith (JaguarForum.co.uk) 2011 XJ Portfolio LWB 3.0D + 2
Ian.D (JaguarForum.co.uk) 2006 XK Coupe 4.2 + 1
Tinker (JaguarForums.com) 2001 XK8 + 1
CSJ (JaguarForum.co.uk) 2006 X-Type 2.2D + 1

Other Marques...
Cats (Pistonheads.com) 2010 TVR Tuscan + 1
SmithTrevor (JaguarForums.com) 1999 Ford V6 Cougar + 1

Total - 31 cars + 35 attendees.

As for the social run from Crawley down the A23 to the venue we have:

Jaguar...
SteveSheldon
Ngarara
HarleyJagMan
HMSMotorsport
DJ Sonic
MrMichael
DerryJag
Rick63
Egg
Brian R
CarlXK8
Andrew65
JGBird
Dave114

Tovarish Chernokot
Tony J
Charles Selwyn
Mtl
Danant
Jonathon Hall
Vicslade141
Jubba
Stew.Smith
Ian D
Tinker
CSJ

Other Marques...

Cats
SmithTrevor

Crawley - Brighton Social Run Total - 28 Cars

Speakers/Industry Attendees:
Tony from Harwoods Jaguar
Kevin from The Automatic Gearbox Centre

Last edited by SteveSheldon; 10-31-2014 at 10:42 AM.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:17 AM
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi Guys, I will be taking the opportunity to attend this meet, as due to the unforeseen gearbox problems in the June meet I was not able to attend.
I haven't been to a Jaguar meet before, but if its anything like the guys +galls on this site it must be awesome! so you can count me in as all gearbox problems are just a bad memory.
looking forward to it.
lukie

The following 2 users liked this post by lukie:
JimC64 (10-31-2014), SteveSheldon (10-31-2014)
Old 10-31-2014, 11:22 AM

Hi Lukie, You are very welcome! Do you want to join the convoy and the meet, or just the meet? If you let me know I'll get you added in. Meanwhile please keep an eye on the thread for the latest info as we approach the date... a full itinerary should be up on here on Monday I am hoping, and more info on what industry support I have managed to get for our event :-)
You have probably noted that we have someone from The Automatic Gearbox Company coming along to chat to us, so if you have any outstanding queries regarding transmission issues please take advantage of him being there and ask away..

Old 11-02-2014, 10:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you saying that the parking fees have come down and no public interlopers will be parking on a public road ? I recall it wasn't £1/hour in June.

Old 11-03-2014, 01:08 AM

Brighton has cheaper parking rates in the Winter :-) and the plan is we will be there before any winter tourists so we can grab a block of parking spaces to ourselves before breakfast.. So in view of the reduced costs can I interest you in coming along Everistas?

Sent whilst mobile so please excuse any mistakes or misspellings.
Steve Sheldon
2002 X-Type 2.5 classic 2.5l 102,000 on the clock

Last edited by SteveSheldon; 11-03-2014 at 01:11 AM.
Old 11-03-2014, 03:44 AM

As promised (subject to the usual..) here's the itinerary for the day - I suspect the timings may change a little but this is fundamentally it - noting that we have Kevin and Tony with us for any questions you may have for them regarding our cars *and* that the owner of 'The Jag Gallery' is opening on the day to give us the opportunity to visit and have a look around should anyone want to. The owner has an E-Type, hence the name of his gallery :-)

The days itinerary is listed below for your info, so you know when you need to be where...

08:15 Meet at Pease Pottage Service Station at the base of the M23.
08:20 Initial 'Welcome to the Event' greeting, and packs handed out.
08:30 Depart in convoy for Brighton (cruising speed 65mph)
09:15 Park up in one large parking block in Madiera Drive.
09:30-10:30 Big Breakfast in Madiera Cafe (b/fast + tea/coffee for £5 only)
10:30 General social events etc. start
11:30 Group signings of banner, and group photos for the forums

The parking is pay and display at this location and is £1 for an hour, £2 for two hours, £4 for four hours, or £7 for 11 hours (I would suggest for most people the £4 parking option will be sufficient). Your meal will be £5.00 per person.. so hopefully no shocks or surprises if you are on a budget

Lastly.... I *am* still working on some other things that may well add to this schedule :-)

Old 11-03-2014, 04:21 AM

For anyone considering coming along - but unsure of the distances etc. here are the details of the convoy start location, and the meet location for you..

Pease Pottage Service Station, M23 J11 RH11 9AE
Madiera Drive, Brighton, BN2 1TW

It should be a great day for everyone - so if the distances are reasonable for you and you want a great Jaguar sort of Top Gear day please put your name forward for this by posting on here, or emailing me at JaguarForumsUK@solidlinux.co.uk

Old 11-03-2014, 05:58 AM

Ok Guys, this thread is quite long with all the info spread through it so here's a quick summary and why it's well worth signing up to...

It's happening on the 7th December, and is advertised with the VisitBrighton tourism website and hopefully with Jaguar World Monthly and the Brighton Argus.

This event is on it's third incarnation and planning is already underway for the next meet which will be in May 2015 :-)

Currently for this meet, we have Harwoods Jaguar and The Automatic Gearbox Centre coming along to answer all your questions and queries about your cars transmission, new models that are coming, servicing etc etc.. plus the owner of 'The Jag Gallery' who owns an E-type is opening his gallery for us to have a look around if we would like to.

The Madiera Cafe has agreed to provide a fixed price breakfast and tea/coffee at £5 for us, and because this is the winter meet the parking costs are just £1 an hour.

There will be a convoy down from Pease Pottage Service Station to the seafront which will make quite a visual impact and great start to the meet..

Currently we have Jaguars ranging from a 1968 Mk2 right through to a 2014 F-Type V6s Coupe coming along, plus with this being the Winter meet we are also welcoming a TVR Tuscan and Ford Cougar V6 along.

This is a fantastic opportunity to put names to faces and cars, to clean and polish and show off your own car, and check out everyone else's cars :-)

You can pose your transmission questions to Kevin over a big breakfast, and quiz Tony on when the new models are due out.

You get to be in a big convoy travelling down the A23, and to be in a huge block of cars on the seafront, chatting with like minded people and hearing those details about the cars, the simple fixes and so on that you have often wondered about :-)

It's going to be a good day, a chance to relax away from the Christmas rush!

I am also currently working on the welcome packs, and am hoping to be able to make them more substantial than the packs at the last meet.. sooo come on why not not put your name forward for what promises to be a great day out for you and your car?

You can post on here, or if not a member you can email me at JaguarForumsUK@solidlinux.co.uk - I look forward to hearing from you and adding you into this great day...

lukie (11-05-2014)
Old 11-03-2014, 07:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveSheldon
Ok Guys, this thread is quite long with all the info spread through it so here's a quick summary and why it's well worth signing up to...

It's happening on the 7th December, and is advertised with the VisitBrighton tourism website and hopefully with Jaguar World Monthly and the Brighton Argus.

This event is on it's third incarnation and planning is already underway for the next meet which will be in May 2015 :-)

Currently for this meet, we have Harwoods Jaguar and The Automatic Gearbox Centre coming along to answer all your questions and queries about your cars transmission, new models that are coming, servicing etc etc.. plus the owner of 'The Jag Gallery' who owns an E-type is opening his gallery for us to have a look around if we would like to.

The Madiera Cafe has agreed to provide a fixed price breakfast and tea/coffee at £5 for us, and because this is the winter meet the parking costs are just £1 an hour.

There will be a convoy down from Pease Pottage Service Station to the seafront which will make quite a visual impact and great start to the meet..

Currently we have Jaguars ranging from a 1968 Mk2 right through to a 2014 F-Type V6s Coupe coming along, plus with this being the Winter meet we are also welcoming a TVR Tuscan and Ford Cougar V6 along.

This is a fantastic opportunity to put names to faces and cars, to clean and polish and show off your own car, and check out everyone else's cars :-)

You can pose your transmission questions to Kevin over a big breakfast, and quiz Tony on when the new models are due out.

You get to be in a big convoy travelling down the A23, and to be in a huge block of cars on the seafront, chatting with like minded people and hearing those details about the cars, the simple fixes and so on that you have often wondered about :-)

It's going to be a good day, a chance to relax away from the Christmas rush!

I am also currently working on the welcome packs, and am hoping to be able to make them more substantial than the packs at the last meet.. sooo come on why not not put your name forward for what promises to be a great day out for you and your car?

You can post on here, or if not a member you can email me at JaguarForumsUK@solidlinux.co.uk - I look forward to hearing from you and adding you into this great day...

PLUS - There will be JF decals handed out to those that want them for either their car, toolbox or locker etc,

Name:  JFSticker_zps914cb0b7.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  12.4 KB

AND the chance to sign the forum banner for posterity and get your picture taken in the group that attends with it...

Old 11-03-2014, 07:26 AM

Here is the group shot from the last Bi-Annual Brighton Convoy & Meet...

UK South East Meet December 2014 in Brighton-meet.jpg

Last edited by SteveSheldon; 11-03-2014 at 07:40 AM.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:54 AM
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi guys, I don't seem to see my name on any list yet, I will be doing my utmost to get to M23 before 08-15, Hope to get some great video footage to post in the forum, if there is a way for the forum to accommodate.

SteveSheldon (11-04-2014)
Old 11-03-2014, 09:53 AM

Just adding you now Lukie :-) As for video the best bet is to either host it somewhere and pop as link up, or as we did on the last meet - put it on YouTube and then link that to here :-) I look forward to meeting you on the day.

lukie (11-05-2014)
Old 11-03-2014, 10:23 AM

I know winter is usually a dark grey sort of time of year with plenty of rain, wind, and bad weather leaving us little choice but to hunker down in front of a TV watching archived film clips of our favourite cars on TopGear..

In south-east UK we don't do this - we organise our bi-annual Brighton social run & meet!

This years winter meet is happening on Sunday 7th December - with a social run down from Pease Pottage Services to Madiera Drive, Brighton, everyone parking up in one huge block of cars (parking £1 per hour, £4 for the morning, or £7 for the day), followed by a fixed price big breakfast (£5.00 per person inc tea/coffee) to set us up for the morning. I am in the process of organising what I can and meanwhile a full itinery has been listed above including all and any exact costs there are.. so you know everything you need to know before the event.

It's a great chance for you to have a break from the Christmas rush and shopping and to have some time with great company, fantastic cars, a mug of tea and something to eat..

Please note that with this being the Winter meet it is open to other marques - with a warm Jaguar welcome for everyone.

In case you are wondering - this will be the third Bi-Annual Brighton meet and the details of the last one can be found here: UK South East Meet Spring/Summer 2014 in Brighton if you want to check it out..Just so you know who has indicated an interest (in no particular order) in attending on the day, so far it looks like this....

If you would like to be added please just make a post saying so (or if non member email me at JaguarForumsUK@solidlinux.co.uk to be added) and I will be very happy to add you to the list.

Listed below are Car details plus occupants (inc driver) where we have the info.

Current List:

Jaguar..
2005 X-Type 2.2D + 1

Lukie (JaguarForums.com) 1998 XJ + 1
JagMan71 (JaguarForum.co.uk) 2001 X-Type 2.5 SE + 1

Other Marques...

Total - 33 cars + 37 attendees.

Jaguar...
SteveSheldon
Ngarara
HarleyJagMan
HMSMotorsport
DJ Sonic
MrMichael
DerryJag
Rick63
Egg
Brian R
CarlXK8
Andrew65
JGBird
Dave114

Tovarish Chernokot
Tony J
Charles Selwyn
Mtl
Danant
Jonathon Hall
Vicslade141
Jubba
Stew.Smith
Ian D
Tinker
CSJ
Lukie
JagMan71

Other Marques...

Cats
SmithTrevor

Crawley - Brighton Social Run Total - 30 Cars

Last edited by SteveSheldon; 11-04-2014 at 02:52 AM.
Old 11-04-2014, 03:00 AM
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

I'll do my best to make it, both for the run down the A23 and the Brighton meet.

PaulCarr (Jaguarforums.com) - 2006 Stratstone 4.2 XKR Coupe + 1

SteveSheldon (11-04-2014)
Old 11-04-2014, 03:01 AM

We are now looking at a convoy of 30 Cars, and a meet of 33 cars... we are already looking at a fair sized meet and making quite an impact when we all arrive in Brighton :-)

Any one else wanting to join this event please just put your name forward for what is due to be a fantastic Jaguar day out.. technically a day out by the seaside for us albeit in the Winter :-)

It's just that instead of ice creams melting in the sun we have a big breakfast and mugs of tea/coffee :-)

Old 11-04-2014, 03:48 AM

This years winter meet is happening on Sunday 7th December - with a social run down from Pease Pottage Services to Madiera Drive, Brighton, everyone parking up in one huge block of cars (parking £1 per hour, £4 for the morning, or £7 for the day), followed by a fixed price big breakfast (£5.00 per person inc tea/coffee) to set us up for the morning. I am in the process of organising what I can and meanwhile a full itinery has been listed above including all and any exact costs there are.. so you know everything you need to know before the event.

Current List:

Jaguar..
2005 X-Type 2.2D + 1

Lukie (JaguarForums.com) 1998 XJ + 1
JagMan71 (JaguarForum.co.uk) 2001 X-Type 2.5 SE + 1
PaulCarr (JaguarForums.com) 2006 Stratstone 4.2 XKR Coupe + 1

Other Marques...

Total - 34 cars + 38 attendees.

Jaguar...
SteveSheldon
Ngarara
HarleyJagMan
HMSMotorsport
DJ Sonic
MrMichael
DerryJag
Rick63
Egg
Brian R
CarlXK8
Andrew65
JGBird
Dave114

Tovarish Chernokot
Tony J
Charles Selwyn
Mtl
Danant
Jonathon Hall
Vicslade141
Jubba
Stew.Smith
Ian D
Tinker
CSJ
Lukie
JagMan71
PaulCarr

Other Marques...

Cats
SmithTrevor

Crawley - Brighton Social Run Total - 31 Cars

Old 11-04-2014, 07:40 AM

OK - some additional good news for us - we (subject to the usual) have gained sponsors for the Welcome Packs for the event so you are guaranteed that the Welcome Packs should be more substantial than in our previous meets, and I hope should continue to do do so in the years to come.

Current Welcome Pack Sponsors are:

Car-Chem - CarChem - Car Care Products | Detailing Products
MotorGeek - Motorgeek , Car Washing, Cleaning, Polishing and Detailing Products
Harwoods Jaguar - Harwoods Jaguar Brighton

Many thanks to these companies for their support - I believe you will find the contents of the Welcome Packs this meet of much greater interest and use now, possibly introducing you to new products that you can make use of :-)

Last edited by SteveSheldon; 11-04-2014 at 08:17 AM.
Old 11-04-2014, 03:54 PM
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I would like to attend this too please convoy and meet

ShayneJ (JaguarForums.com) 2003 XK8 + 1

SteveSheldon (11-05-2014)

Quick Reply: UK South East Meet December 2014 in Brighton