XK8 Alarm system

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2020 | 01:27 PM
|
Angry XK8 Alarm system

I have a Jaguar XK8 year 2000 with what I feel is a faulty Security Module as although the Key Fob works, (having had it repaired), it does not operate anything.
I'm leaving further investigation on the Security Module till warmer weather gets here as I do not want to break any wires under the fuse box due to the extreme cold, however, when i now lock the car using the key, all is well but when I unlock the car then open the door - and only when i open the door, I get about 5 seconds of warning beeps then the car alarm sounds off. (only when I open a door or the boot/trunk).
This issue only started about a month ago at the onset of the heavy rains and water puddles. Do the Forum members feel that this is all connected to the security module, or what .
Any advice will be deeply appreciated.

Old 04-14-2020 | 07:33 AM
|
Default Security module update

Hi every one. Just an update to my earlier request for help.
For anyone else in the same pickle.... first of all to gain access to the Security Module underneath the brown relay fuse box in the Boot/Trunk, remove the three screws (No. 10 socket) there are two on the floor and one on the side wall. That will enable you to gently twist the complete fuse box housing to allow access to the Security Module - it is held on by four clips. etc etc.
Having said all of that, it turns out that my module is probably ok and my drivers door micro switch assy is at fault as the security system fires up when the key locks the door, but doesn't kill the security system when the door is unlocked. only by putting the ignition key to engine start will the alarm die.

Back to the drawing board in how do i take the drivers door card off etc??????

Old 04-14-2020 | 09:13 AM
GGG

The place for technical question is the relevant Model Forum:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/

Posting in the UK & Eire Region forum means only members here will see it. In the Model Forum, members from all around the World will see it.

Region forums are for geographically relevant questions/posts such as meetings or recommended suppliers or services.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
SteveSheldon (04-15-2020)