US Central MT, WY, CO, ND, SD, NE, KS

I am getting my first jag and I need help on the model

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 02:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am getting my first jag and I need help on the model

I am looking for a jaguar for my first car,and have narrowed it down to a jaguar s type r and a mid 80's xj6.i am new to the world of jags even though my dad owns two: mostly because I wanted his Ferrari: but I have recently taken interest in my new favourite car brand. As you probably all now jaguars especially old ones aren't known for reliability even though both of my dads jags do work perfectly. If any of you own these 2 models and have any advice,I have a year before I buy any car just to be positive I pick the right car. BTW I don't care about the fact that ford owned jag in the late 90s and early 2000s when the s type r was around, and I am about to move to the us as my perents and me and getting sick of the attacks going on in London and Germany so if any of you know if I could Evan import a s type r to the us it would be much appreciated

Old 07-15-2017, 02:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I forgot to include in the last part that since a mid 80's xj6 is over 25 I know I can import that to the USA

Old 07-15-2017, 06:34 PM
Received 198 Likes on 166 Posts

There are always a few S-Type Rs (and many Jaguar models) for sale here, no need to import. Mine was very reliable and the engine was built by Jaguar, not Ford, and the transmission is a ZF. It does share a chassis with the Ford Thunderbird and Lincon LS, but honestly Ford did a lot to improve the quality, reliability and reputation of Jaguar.