US Lower Atlantic NC SC FL GA

Anyone in the Charlotte area?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2021, 07:12 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone in the Charlotte area?

New to the forum and the Jag family. The car had been sitting in a coworker's garage for a year and the interior and exterior were in pretty good condition, so I took it off her hands. My co-worker's son opted to begin driving his girlfriend's car and mentioned that it had a brand new battery and used to ride smoothly with only a 'loud' sound, maybe coming from the muffler? After having the old fuel drained and new fuel added, it was discovered that the fuel pump needed to be replaced. The FP was replaced, but there is white smoke coming from the exhaust. The mechanic is not certain what's causing it. ​​​​​ Although the car runs, it really can't be driven as it seems the engine sputters and is sluggish when I try to move the car. (I recognize these are not technical terms). Not sure I'm up for a project car. Any suggestions??

Old 07-19-2021, 03:06 PM
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Just joined. I'm in Winston-Salem. No idea what I'm doing.

Old 12-26-2021, 08:29 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I’m in Port Charlotte

Originally Posted by mekmo21
New to the forum and the Jag family. The car had been sitting in a coworker's garage for a year and the interior and exterior were in pretty good condition, so I took it off her hands. My co-worker's son opted to begin driving his girlfriend's car and mentioned that it had a brand new battery and used to ride smoothly with only a 'loud' sound, maybe coming from the muffler? After having the old fuel drained and new fuel added, it was discovered that the fuel pump needed to be replaced. The FP was replaced, but there is white smoke coming from the exhaust. The mechanic is not certain what's causing it. ​​​​​ Although the car runs, it really can't be driven as it seems the engine sputters and is sluggish when I try to move the car. (I recognize these are not technical terms). Not sure I'm up for a project car. Any suggestions??
How did this turn out for you? Did you find the solution and are you still owning the car? Did you find a local mechanic you could recommend?