US Lower Atlantic NC SC FL GA

Best service center/repair shop in Atlanta area

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 05:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Parts and Knowledge

The guys at Coventry West (a Jag and Range Rover new and used parts place) know there way around Jags. I had Pete Bond who works there change my belt tensioners last year, before they broke!

Old 01-24-2012, 05:03 PM
Default Parts nd Knowledge 2

Sorry, they are online or can be reached at 800 331-2193.

Old 01-25-2012, 06:54 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd recommend us. Not sure what part of town you're in, but we're in Roswell and have an award-winning service department.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool. Thanks! Yeah, passed the info on along to my folks. Thanks again!

Old 01-25-2012, 11:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  19.3 KB

NalleyJaguar get my vote, not that I'm local or even used them tbh.

Its not even because they're a sponsor but more so because of the dozens of referrals of happy customers who have dealt with them at their parts dept.
I know that service / sales etc can be different from parts, but from all the recomendations by members made here, sounds like good people throughout!

I'm sure if your post wasn't lodged just in the regional section you'd get many more people saying Nalley.....

Good luck with whoever you chose to look after your Jaaaag

Old 01-26-2012, 12:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! Yeah, from digging through other posts, I'm seeing that as well. I've already passed the info on along to my folks. Thanks!

Old 01-27-2012, 01:32 PM

I just came back from the jaguar place in alpharetta and the experience was not good. I called to ask if they would be willing to do the pressure valve release for the convertible top modification and the remote top down modification also. The girl on the phone was very nice and said she thought they would be able to help. Drove out there with the parts and the instructions printed out. Met with the consultant who then brought in a mechanic who immediately tried to talk me into changing the hoses for the convertible top. I explained about the forum and the people who have contributed it to it but that seemed to land on a deaf ear. He looked over the instructions for the pressure relief all the while giving me the impression that he was dealing with an idiot (which when it comes to jaguars I am). Also gave me the impression that he wouldn't even consider the remote top down mod. Finally he said the pressure relief valve install looked straight forward and that it would be at least 2 1/2 hours labor. Now I am certainly no mechanic but I have looked over the instructions and it doesn't look like it should take anyone more than an hour or so if they have the right tools. So I packed up my stuff and thanked them for their time and left.......never to return. So my search goes on for a good jaguar mechanic in north west Atlanta. Was given a name of
Southern Imports Automotive Inc in Kennesaw. Anyone had a dealings with them? Thanks!!

Old 01-28-2012, 07:02 AM
Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by ji9988
I just came back from the jaguar place in alpharetta and the experience was not good. I called to ask if they would be willing to do the pressure valve release for the convertible top modification and the remote top down modification also. The girl on the phone was very nice and said she thought they would be able to help. Drove out there with the parts and the instructions printed out. Met with the consultant who then brought in a mechanic who immediately tried to talk me into changing the hoses for the convertible top. I explained about the forum and the people who have contributed it to it but that seemed to land on a deaf ear. He looked over the instructions for the pressure relief all the while giving me the impression that he was dealing with an idiot (which when it comes to jaguars I am). Also gave me the impression that he wouldn't even consider the remote top down mod. Finally he said the pressure relief valve install looked straight forward and that it would be at least 2 1/2 hours labor. Now I am certainly no mechanic but I have looked over the instructions and it doesn't look like it should take anyone more than an hour or so if they have the right tools. So I packed up my stuff and thanked them for their time and left.......never to return. So my search goes on for a good jaguar mechanic in north west Atlanta. Was given a name of
Southern Imports Automotive Inc in Kennesaw. Anyone had a dealings with them? Thanks!!
I am not a customer of the dealership in Alpharetta, so I am not their "white knight", but...

Car dealerships are not usually in the business of doing aftermarket or custom work they are not familiar with. Specialty shops do that. Or the owners themselves.

No doubt, the person at the dealership who talked down to you should not have done that.

I have the pressure relief valve installed on my car. Did it myself with the help of a friend. As I wrote on the XK8 forum, we ran into installation problems with it that could have happened to anyone. It is happening to someone now. They have been posting about their problems. I have had the part installed on my car for a year and it is a well designed piece that appears to work as designed. But as you know, installation involves removing a plug from the top pump that has been sealed with Locktite red. Locktite red is a powerful sealer that is designed to be used on things that will never come apart again. If the dealer attempted this, failed and ruined your pump you would want them to stand behind their work. Fix the pump or give you a new one.

I think you best bet is to either try the install yourself or get an independent shop to do it. Even a good independent shop would want to know more about the valve before they did it. Hey, you would hold them to the same standard if they ruined it.

I would not paint the dealer in a negative light for not wanting to do this work. They have a good reputation on this board. Like I said, I am not one of their customers (I live in Atlanta), so I do not have a dog in this issue.

Jack

Old 01-28-2012, 09:29 AM

Point taken on dealships and modifications which is why I called and asked first. Not going to beat this like a dead horse. Hopefully I got a mechanic (who treated me like a jerk) who was having a bad day. We all have them. But to glance thru the instrctions and then quote a minimum of 2 1/2 hours labor seemed a bit much. Unfortunately it was my first exposure to said dealership and will be my last because of the incident which is too bad because their hourly rates are actually quite competitive and they do offer a discount to jaguar forum members. My last 2 cents.