US Lower Atlantic NC SC FL GA

Dealer Review in Charlotte, NC

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 03:22 PM
Received 134 Likes on 102 Posts
Default Dealer Review in Charlotte, NC

Scott Jaguar

Beware of this dealer's service dept.

I brought my car in for some standard maintenance and some warranty work with the top malfunctioning. During the time there someone dropped something on the windshield causing it to crack and need replacing. Accidents happen and I was satisfied that they agreed to replace it.

While getting some minor paintwork (matching the color on some body trim) and some minor paintless dent repairs they had a glass person come to replace the windshield at the bodyshop. While this work was being completed they tore the leather on the dash just in front of the steering wheel. The bodyshop agreed to fix it. When I went to pick it up I discovered the "fix" meant glue it down, sand it and spray it with black spray paint. The stitching is now discolored, doesn't line up and where they scratched it in another spot looks worse now in the sunlight than before the "fix". That - and even though they claimed to not have spray painted it, there is overspray on the windshield proving otherwise.

The bodyshop (Scott Autobody) called the dealer (specifically Adrienne the service manager) when this happened to explain - she never called them back - went to look at it (it's right across the street) or called me back when I called to confirm their attention to this. After emailing several times and only sticking to facts with dates and correspondence where the dealer didn't call back or email back, I began to CC the dealer owner and GM. Now the service manager sends me the glass company's name to contact directly - even though it's their vendor that they subcontracted through. The leather dash is ruined and the texture where they sanded is not the fine leather that the car had when it went in and they refuse to fix it.

I sent pictures - will post soon - that show the damage and nobody wants to take responsibility. Are there any escalation paths at Jag corporate that anyone is aware of? I was hoping they would do the right thing and I hate blasting vendors on forums but consumers need to know when a vendor does shoddy work and won't fix the damage they cause. 8 weeks of back and forth...

I'm pissed at the quality of repair and the lack of response.

Pics to come.

Oh and 8 weeks later the part that they "ordered" for the warranty top repair is still not there and there has been NO updates or communication from them.