US Lower Atlantic NC SC FL GA

Good Mechanic/Shop

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 01:08 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Good Mechanic/Shop

Does anyone know of a Good Mechanic/Shop in the Atlanta/Duluth, Georgia area? I just bought a 2003 Jaguar XJR. Any help for a Jaguar newbie would be appreciated.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:41 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Bump. any honest, good mechanics in Duluth, Georgia area?

Old 12-24-2013, 05:20 PM
Received 4,324 Likes on 3,734 Posts

Don't know how well these shops stack up since I am in SC, but hopefully someone will chime in. Here is a link with a list I pulled doing a quick search. Hennessy Jaguar is also an option (although I and many forum members will recommend an indie to save costs)

Atlanta Jaguar Repair Shops | Independent Jaguar Service in Atlanta, GA | JagShops.com

Old 12-27-2013, 10:29 AM
Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by zubizar
Does anyone know of a Good Mechanic/Shop in the Atlanta/Duluth, Georgia area? I just bought a 2003 Jaguar XJR. Any help for a Jaguar newbie would be appreciated.
I have my work done by Cadillac Jaguar of Northlake in Tucker. I know the combo of the two sounds strange but Chris Kuhn, the owner, was experienced in each marque before opening this shop many years ago.

They are knowledgable, experienced, attentive and very attractively priced. My last oil/filter change was $55.00.

If you decide to try them out, please let Chris or Randy know that I referred you.

Cadillac Jaguar of Northlake - Automotive Service and Repair - Home

Best regards,

Old 12-31-2013, 07:23 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Try Exotic Coach Works in Lawrenceville. All there are very well versed in and speak Jaguar. Old school mechanics (whatever you do don't refer to them as technicians) and they do great work.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 257 Likes on 200 Posts

I have had good luck with Road Britannia in Buckhead. They have the Jag shop computer.

Old 03-09-2014, 10:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Great Shop - Roswell Area, GA - Independent

Had a problem with my S-type a few years ago, went into limp home mode with a code prompt. Rocco's European Garage. Called them, they said that they would look at it immediately and let me know what was wrong with it to make a decision. After actually coasting 10 miles, they hooked the computer and diagnosed something in the mass meter control, but to hold on while they checked under the hood. 20 minutes later they had found the source of the problem an air vacuum hose had failed and was crimped, restricting the flow. They replaced the 4 or 5 inches of hose put new clamps and send me on my way at no charge! No more limp home mode and all codes clear! Get your own conclusions on it.
Two years after I blew the engine and went back to them for the replacement. Flawless experience, The car is as new, with the 40,000 mile engine replacement that they found for me, as it was when I bought it.
I went back to them for an inspection of my possible purchase of an XK8, everything that Rocco, the owner, told me about the car was an eye opener and helped me make a better decision by being well informed about the car at the time of making an offer on the car. I bought the car with the peace of mind of knowing well what I was getting into.
By the way they also do our CLK too.

Old 08-10-2014, 10:10 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Just dropped mine off at Rocco's for suspension, cooling, and check engine light. Hopefully my experience will be similarly pleasant!

Originally Posted by DesignConfig
Had a problem with my S-type a few years ago, went into limp home mode with a code prompt. Rocco's European Garage. Called them, they said that they would look at it immediately and let me know what was wrong with it to make a decision. After actually coasting 10 miles, they hooked the computer and diagnosed something in the mass meter control, but to hold on while they checked under the hood. 20 minutes later they had found the source of the problem an air vacuum hose had failed and was crimped, restricting the flow. They replaced the 4 or 5 inches of hose put new clamps and send me on my way at no charge! No more limp home mode and all codes clear! Get your own conclusions on it.
Two years after I blew the engine and went back to them for the replacement. Flawless experience, The car is as new, with the 40,000 mile engine replacement that they found for me, as it was when I bought it.
I went back to them for an inspection of my possible purchase of an XK8, everything that Rocco, the owner, told me about the car was an eye opener and helped me make a better decision by being well informed about the car at the time of making an offer on the car. I bought the car with the peace of mind of knowing well what I was getting into.
By the way they also do our CLK too.

Old 08-11-2014, 06:09 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try Alex Automotive in Duluth. I just spoke with one of the owners this weekend about servicing my XFR and they said they could handle it for me.