US Lower Atlantic NC SC FL GA

Jag Techs South US

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2021, 02:48 PM
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Hi all
Our XK8 is new to us and to the forum and we're looking for a reputable indy shop or dealer in the Bradenton/Sarasota area.
Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and we wish you a healthy and happy 2022.

Old 11-03-2022, 07:56 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by joedinfl
Just wanted to provide you all an update with my experiences of a couple of Jag techs in south florida. I originally took my XKR to Mitch at Jag Repairs in Pompano Beach as it was fairly close for me. My car spent more time in his shop than it did with me - I had a coolant leak and he replaced all of the hoses and pipes - I then experienced leaks again 3 times, so it went back to him where he told me that one of the plastic parts had broken (and it is a manufacturing issue). I also had the car serviced the first time it went to him, and he was unable to reset the service light - I guess that should have been a serious red flag.

This week, my car went to Enrique Gochicoa in West Palm - what a difference - he was honest, fixed my issue I was having very quickly, and communicated every step of the way. It's a bit further for me to go, but going forward, this is where I will take my car. His number is 561 389 5140 and email is jagtech76@hotmail.com - I wish I'd listened to the folks that had recommended him on this thread

Greetings fellow Jaguar enthusiasts,

The above may be an older post, but I still felt it more than appropriate to update and re-bolster previous recommendations on Enrique. I went with a family member who was looking to purchase a jaguar from a dealer. I have reasonable familiarity and knowledge on my Jaguar, but my family member has zero. Following recommendations here, I called Enrique. He took all of the time necessary with my family member and, at a very reasonable rate, was able to educate us on this particular model and help us avoid making a large mistake, whilst still keeping her enthusiasm up and her expectations realistic. I cannot say enough about Enrique‘s professionalism, the quality and cleanliness of his facility. The evident respect he garners from his fellow technicians, as well as their obvious skill, is perhaps the most compelling testimony to the overall strength of his company.

I am generally a do it yourself guy, but I plan on taking my cat: 2006 S type R, to Enrique this week for an overall service and inspection as a result of my experience recently. Do not hesitate to call Enrique if you are even thinking about buying a used jaguar, or have any issue that you wish to have taken care of, in an honest, professional, timely and cost-effective manner. Don’t hesitate to contact me here, if I can be of any further assistance.

Colin D

Enrique phone: (561) 389-5140

Old 08-17-2023, 08:20 AM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Anyone with Pathfinder near Jacksonville, FL?

Is there any independent person/shop with registered version of Pathfinder software within reasonable distance of Jax, FL? Need help reprogramming modules

Old 08-28-2023, 02:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any Jag Techs in the Knoxville, TN area for a 07 Jag XK other than the dealership?

Old 02-27-2024, 07:40 PM
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Anyone know of a Jag Tech in the Savannah GA area? I have electrical gremlins.

Old 03-21-2024, 05:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I needed rear brakes/rotors/sensors on mine and the dealer quoted me a bit north of 1600.00, was recommended an indy shop in town and the job is now 800.00. Roswell Auto Center, Roswell, GA. Looks like I have a winner!!

Old 05-01-2024, 08:39 AM
Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Just saw this. My go to is Renaissance Motors on Clark Road in Sarasota. Call 941-922-2886 and speak to Bryan McBrayer.

Old 05-01-2024, 08:47 AM
Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

I've had a problem with my 07 XK odometer racing upward, even when stopped at a light. It finally stopped completely at 621K miles. Attached is the only other reference to this symptom I've ever seen. Can you comment on this?
After a number of different Jaguar garages including the agent tried and failed to fix this odometer problem, I decided to have another go myself. I studied the wiring diagrams carefully and noticed that the signal for the speedo/odo comes from the ABS module via the high speed canbus. So I wondered if a problem module could be leaking or transmitting some kind of interference onto the bus which is then affects the odo for some obscure reason. I have had various canbus issues over the years where a problem module affects one or more of the other modules so it was worth investigating although I was not very hopeful.

I started with the easiest modules which are the Adaptive Speed Control module and the Adaptive Headlight Module situated behind the A pillar panel in the drivers (right hand) foot well. I disconnected the Speed Control Module first which didn't help but with the Headlight module disconnected the odometer stopped its running away nonsense and worked perfectly on the test drive. If I find the enthusiasm sometime I may look for another module to see if the problem exists in my module only but for the time being I simply removed the module and modified the CCF to show Adaptive Headlights Not Fitted.

I will now get the odo reset back to the correct mileage by my colleague and his clever mileage tool. Fortunately the car has a comprehensive service history with the agent so we know what the correct mileage should be.

There may be other modules on the high speed canbus that could cause the problem on other vehicles but I would suggest trying the headlamp module first. Its the black box in the photo with the part number starting 8W83- and is very easy to get to.

Old 05-02-2024, 07:21 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi everybody, my indy just closed shop in North Miami.
Does someone know a good mechanic in the Miami area?
thanks