US Lower Atlantic NC SC FL GA

Looking For A Dream

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012 | 04:43 PM
|
Default Looking For A Dream

Hi

New member here looking for an early XK8 who has had it's major foibles attended to with service records to show. There are a ton of these sleek birds for sale all over the Internet, but most of the sellers I have inquired are dumbstruck at my questions. If, anyone here in the SE (I am in Atlanta) has such a car I would like to hear from you. I am not concerned about broken cup holders, radio antennae or seat wear, but the main drive train, TB and ECU problems so well discussed on these pages.

Of course, I would like a low mileage garage queen in perfect condition at a discount price, but I do tend to suffer from delusions, hence my want of an XK - but, hey, look who I'm asking...?

rick

Old 03-11-2013 | 07:03 PM

There is a 99 white/tan top XK8 in town here(Jesup). I looked at it early on as it is the one that got me looking for an XK8. It has 50,000 miles with original engine. It has maintenance records with it in glove box. I believe it had water pump and possibly top coolant piece replaced at Matheny in Jacksonville. TB has been replaced locally as I heard her mention it.
I don't think timing tensioners have been replaced. The top suspension rubber to front shock/springs need replacing. They have deterioated. Car drove well otherwise. Seat leather is worn on sides where you get in.
It also needs tires as tires are cracked.
Lady is second owner and wanted $11,000 - $12,000 range. She owns a car dealership and it is her car. It has been for sale since the summer.
It is as good an early one as I have seen and I looked at quite a few. I even still have a few pictures of it. If interested I can send phone number.

Mike

Old 03-17-2013 | 03:43 PM
Default Looking to sell but need pricing info

I am wanting to sell my 2000 XJ8 with 109,657 miles on it. Original miles, clean, clear title and has passed emissions test in Cherokee County NC. I would just like to get another vehicle. Fuel pump replaced a couple of years ago, paper work to verify it. I've been asking $4700.00 for it. It is in excellent condition, midnight blue with white leather seats and interior except for flooring and that's a beige color. Just would like to know about how to price it for quick sell. If anyone here is interested, I'd sure like to hear from you. I'm in Murphy, NC.