US Lower Atlantic NC SC FL GA

Low Country of South Carolina?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 08:11 AM
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Cool Low Country of South Carolina?

Looking for people in the Low Country region of South Carolina.

Old 01-22-2012, 08:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,702 Likes on 1,211 Posts

We're in the Rock Hill area specifically Fort Mill , but travel to the low country many times per year. Where abouts are you located?

Old 01-22-2012, 09:49 AM
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

We are in Camden, South Carolina. About two hours away...

Old 01-23-2012, 07:30 AM
Cool

I am in Beaufort SC.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:24 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am in Bluffton.

Old 01-28-2012, 11:58 PM
Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts

I am in Newberry sc

Old 01-30-2012, 11:14 AM
Cool

I am glad that there are other people in the area who enjoy Jags. There needs to be a car club in the Beaufort area. lol. People to cruise around with and what not. I am military. I drive my Jag everyday. I get much enjoyment from it, now that it is fixed. I just replaced to whole air suspension with an Arnott conversion kit four days ago. My whole air suspension gave up, and on a small salary, it is very costly for me to just replace air struts, whether they are from Arnott or Jaguar. On that note, where are great driving roads? Road that I can get max potential from my XJ, and that are near south west South Carolina or north east Georgia?

Old 01-30-2012, 11:19 AM
Lightbulb

Idea! Maybe something can be organized. Perhaps like I mentioned, a cruise or something. Meet up and show off our Jags. Pass on advise and knowledge on our cars. Etc. My Jag is a bit away from show quality. It has flaws at 7 years old, so mine is not much to show off. lol

The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (01-30-2012)
Old 01-30-2012, 11:20 AM

How far is that from Beaufort?

Old 01-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,006 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  19.3 KB

Originally Posted by usmc1211
Idea! Maybe something can be organized. Perhaps like I mentioned, a cruise or something. Meet up and show off our Jags. Pass on advise and knowledge on our cars. Etc. My Jag is a bit away from show quality. It has flaws at 7 years old, so mine is not much to show off. lol
sounds like a plan, why not go for it?

Old 01-30-2012, 06:31 PM
RRT
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The local South Carolina club of Jaguar Clubs of North America is called the Jaguar Society of South Carolina. They have a website and Facebook site. Generally, the club meets once a month for dinner and it is usually around Charleston somewhere. I believe Darryl Beech or his wife Julie is the club secretary (843) 552-6555. He could tell you about club members in the Beaufort/Hilton Head area. Darryl also has Jaguar diagnostic software at his shop, Charleston Import Automotive. There are four or five events in Charleston each year that the club participates in, like the British Car Day and Highland Games. The Brit car day is usually held at Patriot's Point. They also went to a Cars and Coffee day not too long ago. They attend the Concourse D'Elegance at Hilton Head and a couple other outings. I think they went to Roebling Road last fall near Savannah at some track event, too.

I'm a member and live near Columbia, have been to the Patriot's Point and Highland Club events in the past, but generally too busy to make the monthly dinners. Cheers, Rob

Old 02-10-2012, 12:30 PM

I would join a legit club, but I am military and I expect to be leaving South Carolina in 10 months.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:12 AM
RRT

That normally isn't an issue. Lot's of folks transfer membership to the closest local club if they move or join the JCNA as a member-at-large. Cheers.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:50 PM

Oh. I did not know you can transfer. One thing I am curious about with joining a car club, like I mentioned, I am in the military and much of my time is already booked up. When you are a member of any of the regional jag owner's clubs, if you are unable to make certain meets and events, can you be terminated from the organization?

Old 02-11-2012, 10:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am hoping to get a Jag within the next couple of weeks. I live in Savannah, GA.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:01 AM
RRT

There are 60 odd local clubs affiliated with JCNA. They each have their own club charter and local rules, which has to be approved by the national club and I don't believe the national club would let a local club impose rules to kick someone out for not showing up to functions etc. In other words, there are no obligations along those lines. The National Club publishes a magazine called Jaguar Journal that comes out six times a year, and that's a perk of membership. Additionally, some of the local clubs have newsletters etc. As a member at large or member of an affiliate club, you can participate in any national or local club function. It cost like $22 bucks to join as a member at large for the year. Local clubs may or may not add on a bit to cover some local club expenses. The South Carolina club membership, which includes national club membership, is like $40 bucks for the year.

The Jaguar Clubs of North America has a long history. It was actually created by Jaguar in the 50s, I think, and Jaguar was involved until the last ten or fifteen years ago, when it turned the club over JCNA. There's still a representative from Jaguar on the Board of Directors, and the JCNA has certain obligations concerning use of certain Jaguar intellectual property etc. which the JCNA and clubs have certain rights to use. When Jaguar turned over club operations, it gave the JCNA archival information for north american cars and other technical information. Jaguar has donated tools and other repair and maintenance equipment to JCNA, and JCNA is about to start a tool loaner program where members can borrow these tools from JCNA. Right now, that's not as much a big deal for newer cars but for the XK120s through 150s, E Types and older sedans, and to an extent v12 cars and such as the XJ-S, it provides access to rare and special tools and technical manuals and bulletins to perform repairs to factory specs. Likely in the future, special tools for newer cars will pass down to JCNA.

JCNA has been more geared to the vintage cars but the trend is moving toward more slalom etc where those of us with more of a driver's interest can also have some fun.

Old 02-16-2012, 03:13 PM

Putting car clubs aside, are there people who would perhaps just like to do a meet and greet and go cruise type of thing? Nothing big.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:07 AM

If I can get my jag in time I would likely drive up to Beaufort or ya'll could come to Savannah, plenty of places to hang out here. My car club here is doing an oyster roast at Bona Bella Marina on Sunday and it is being covered by a local magazine. Osyters, crab stew and drinks, should be a good Sunday!

Old 02-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by DRubnitz
If I can get my jag in time I would likely drive up to Beaufort or ya'll could come to Savannah, plenty of places to hang out here. My car club here is doing an oyster roast at Bona Bella Marina on Sunday and it is being covered by a local magazine. Osyters, crab stew and drinks, should be a good Sunday!
Do you/did you have an NSX?

I'm on Hilton Head and pick up my Jag Monday from the dealer at new river.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:35 AM

HHISIII Yes, I have an NSX right now but hope to have it sold this week. I have a guy coming to look at it today. I saw the XKR's at Hilton Head that got me interested. I want a coupe though not a convertible and the only model that wasn't brand new over there was a convertible. Enjoy your new car!

Quick Reply: Low Country of South Carolina?