US Lower Atlantic NC SC FL GA

Low Country of South Carolina?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 06:31 PM
Received 4,285 Likes on 3,704 Posts

stopped by this afternoon and met with Darryl - part ordered, now a member of JCNA/JSSC and got some great repair tips. Although I drooled all over the e-type convertible sitting there for sale, I left in my xk8 - for now.......

The following users liked this post:
RRT (01-11-2013)
Old 01-11-2013, 09:05 AM
RRT
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Steve,

welcome aboard the National and South Carolina Club. There ought to be some sort of a get together coming up soon. I think we'll shoot for a couple of slaloms and rallys this year, in addition to the normal concours, having the cars at Patriot's Point and at the Highland games, etc. Course the North Carolina and Georgia clubs are pretty active and within reasonable drives so they have things going on also.

Cheers,

Rob

Old 01-11-2013, 06:02 PM

Thanks Rob - looking forward to the events and meeting other Jag enthusiasts. Darryl gave me some good gouge on my cat yesterday along with decent price on parts - definitely wish I had known about his shop sooner.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi I'm in Rock Hill! Do ya'll belong to a Jag club or go riding?? I have a 97 XK8.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:41 AM

tat2dkjn - I recently joined the JCNA/JSSC - definitely looking for some gatherings/rides. I believe there will be a dinner get together coming up this month - will let you know but here are the links to the JCNA and JSSC sites

Jaguar Society of South Carolina Page

Welcome to the Jaguar Society of South Carolina Web Site - Best Viewed at 800 x 600

RRT (02-10-2013)
Old 02-10-2013, 08:25 AM
RRT
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Tat2,

I'm in Columbia and in JCNA too. There are some forum members in the upstate. I'm thinking of setting up a Spring Slalom for JCNA or Jag Society of South Carolina members, in Irmo, which is right outside of Columbia. We held a slalom in November as part of the 2012 Capital Classic. You can see some slalom video at the main JCNA website.

There's a group of Jag Society members in Charleston and then others scattered in the midlands and upstate. Any club member who wants to set up a meeting spot and drive can pretty much do so. There's a North Carolina club and a good number of folks in Charlotte, and if you set up a drive, say, in Rock Hill, we could communicate with the NC Club so they'd know what's up.

We can also set up a drive in Columbia that might pull some folks from the low country etc. Guys and gals who've been in the Club for years sort of sit back these days, so some new blood to invigorate things would be welcome and appreciated.

Cheers.

sklimii (02-10-2013)
Old 05-11-2013, 06:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RRT
The local South Carolina club of Jaguar Clubs of North America is called the Jaguar Society of South Carolina. They have a website and Facebook site. Generally, the club meets once a month for dinner and it is usually around Charleston somewhere. I believe Darryl Beech or his wife Julie is the club secretary (843) 552-6555. He could tell you about club members in the Beaufort/Hilton Head area. Darryl also has Jaguar diagnostic software at his shop, Charleston Import Automotive. There are four or five events in Charleston each year that the club participates in, like the British Car Day and Highland Games. The Brit car day is usually held at Patriot's Point. They also went to a Cars and Coffee day not too long ago. They attend the Concourse D'Elegance at Hilton Head and a couple other outings. I think they went to Roebling Road last fall near Savannah at some track event, too.

I'm a member and live near Columbia, have been to the Patriot's Point and Highland Club events in the past, but generally too busy to make the monthly dinners. Cheers, Rob
Hi, I'm new to the forum, just joined last night. I'm so new, I'm searching for a JAG of my own, but am not knowledgeable enough to ask intelligent questions. I've recently in the past 4 years, owned a 2008 BMW MINI, a 2005 BMW Z3 coupe, and now have a 1999original mini 40th anniversary edition. This mini has auto trans, and A/C. and only has 26k original miles on it. I am told it is possibly the only 40 th. model in the USA with both A/C and auto trans. I love the car, it is a hoot to drive, but I'm 68 years old and need comfort now, so I'm going to sell the mini (TEARS and more TEARS) and want to buy a XJ coupe 2003 -2005 or XJR. I really don't know what I'm talking about and am asking for help to decide on a model. I'll buy a 4 door if necessary, but the kid still left in me wants the coupe. I am a stroke survivor and have to have auto trans. and A/C here in Savannah, GA. I noticed your location and thought I'd impose my reply. Hope you don't mind. look up my profile, if you have time. Dann Bunn I.D. (vonbunn) Started using that name back in the 60s when I first started out with the BSAs, Triumphs, then Harleys through my 65 birthday.
Send me a note if you find time. I'm very pleased with this forum, everybody is so helpful and kind.

Thank you,

Dann

Old 06-14-2013, 07:49 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I live in the upstate of South Carolina , Anderson county , Satterfield

Old 06-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RRT
The local South Carolina club of Jaguar Clubs of North America is called the Jaguar Society of South Carolina. They have a website and Facebook site. Generally, the club meets once a month for dinner and it is usually around Charleston somewhere. I believe Darryl Beech or his wife Julie is the club secretary (843) 552-6555. He could tell you about club members in the Beaufort/Hilton Head area. Darryl also has Jaguar diagnostic software at his shop, Charleston Import Automotive. There are four or five events in Charleston each year that the club participates in, like the British Car Day and Highland Games. The Brit car day is usually held at Patriot's Point. They also went to a Cars and Coffee day not too long ago. They attend the Concourse D'Elegance at Hilton Head and a couple other outings. I think they went to Roebling Road last fall near Savannah at some track event, too.

I'm a member and live near Columbia, have been to the Patriot's Point and Highland Club events in the past, but generally too busy to make the monthly dinners. Cheers, Rob
hi I'm in Columbia and was wondering if you could help out with some dash lights and other minor stuff if you can please call me at 261-4633 thanks

Old 08-19-2013, 11:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just joined the forum today and noticed the thread. Charleston, SC here!!! Over in Mount Pleasant. I need to join the local Jag club. Didn't realize we had one down here.

Old 08-20-2013, 06:10 AM

Here is the link to the JSSC web site

Jaguar Society of South Carolina - Join Us

jborders (08-21-2013)
Old 08-21-2013, 08:37 PM

I'm in Myrtle Beach. Here from Fort Mill. Retired Army Engineer. 2000 Van Den PLas currently on fritz. Hopefully up soon.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:43 AM

I'm in Inman (spartanburg county) SC!

Glad to see theres a few that share my passion locally!

Old 01-30-2014, 07:16 PM
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by joycesjag
We're in the Rock Hill area specifically Fort Mill , but travel to the low country many times per year. Where abouts are you located?

i know its an old post but are you still in the area? Just got our first Jag and checking for local owners around Fort Mill.