US Lower Atlantic NC SC FL GA

Saying hello from Sanford, NC - New 97 XJR owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 10:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 675 Likes on 496 Posts
Thumbs up Saying hello from Sanford, NC - New 97 XJR owner

Hi all

I have posted a bit on the forum already as I've been researching the X300 XJR and Series III cars, but thought I'd introduce myself and say hello now that I've bought a 97 XJR as of this weekend.

I am located in Sanford, NC which is near Raleigh.

We just picked up the XJR from Houston, TX and drove it back home.

I understand there is an active NC membership here, and look forward to chatting with everyone.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome! I am new to this forum as well, but also see that there are several NC Jaguar fans here. Great to have you.

Old 07-29-2014, 04:38 PM
Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Welcome

Originally Posted by al_roethlisberger
Hi all

I have posted a bit on the forum already as I've been researching the X300 XJR and Series III cars, but thought I'd introduce myself and say hello now that I've bought a 97 XJR as of this weekend.

I am located in Sanford, NC which is near Raleigh.

We just picked up the XJR from Houston, TX and drove it back home.

I understand there is an active NC membership here, and look forward to chatting with everyone.

I'm late to the party, Al, but welcome. Two pieces of info got me between the eyes -- Sanford, NC and your last name.

A number of years back I spent some time doing work for Golden Poultry. I lived at the Hampton Inn, at the time. I'm originally from the "Burgh" (Pittsburgh), and you know who the Steeler Q-back is. You ought to get up there and check-up on your family tree.

It's a bit of a drive, but the Charlotte J-guys are having a morning coffee this Saturday. But maybe in the future we can all figure out how to get the whole group together.
Luck
King Fala

Old 07-30-2014, 09:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 675 Likes on 496 Posts

Originally Posted by KingFala
I'm late to the party, Al, but welcome. Two pieces of info got me between the eyes -- Sanford, NC and your last name.

A number of years back I spent some time doing work for Golden Poultry. I lived at the Hampton Inn, at the time. I'm originally from the "Burgh" (Pittsburgh), and you know who the Steeler Q-back is. You ought to get up there and check-up on your family tree.

It's a bit of a drive, but the Charlotte J-guys are having a morning coffee this Saturday. But maybe in the future we can all figure out how to get the whole group together.
Luck
King Fala

Hi King, thanks for saying hello

I don't know that I'll make a 3+ hour drive to Charlotte just for morning coffee, but if I'm down in the area I'll definitely keep it on my radar.

But yes, acknowledging the Pittsburgh/Steelers reference.... actually my paternal family is from Pittsburgh, and I still have family there. My parents were actually just up there last weekend.

But interestingly Ben Roethlisberger (Steelers quarterback) is from Ohio, although he lives in Pittsburgh now I'm sure. So he is surely a cousin.