US Lower Atlantic NC SC FL GA

Scott Jaguar-Charlotte

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 01:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Scott Jaguar-Charlotte

Has anyone had any service dept experience with Scott Jaguar in Charlotte, NC? I would like to see any and all coments on Scott.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:54 PM
Received 98 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by edhowey
Has anyone had any service dept experience with Scott Jaguar in Charlotte, NC? I would like to see any and all coments on Scott.
I've had plenty of experience w/Scott's Jaguar and they have taken care of me since day one. I'm actually going there tomorrow morning. If you are considering having work done there ask for Russ (one of the two service advisors). They will take care of you. I live in the Charlotte area and they’re the only dealer w/in 100 miles.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:02 PM

Thanks for the input. I have a service appointment Tuesday with Russ. I did not buy my 2002 S Type Sport from Scott because of some poor service on my 94 XJ6. I think that the service department has changed a lot since 2001. I was really pleased with the service at Hampton Jaguar in Columbia SC, where I bought the S Type new in Nov. 2001, but that's a 200mi round trip.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,703 Likes on 1,211 Posts

ed, I have not dealt with their service dept. but I have dealt with Wayne (parts manager). I took him a bottle of his favorite bevy and now i get the lowest discount on my parts.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:05 PM

Wayne is a great guy and he really knows Jag parts. I have known Wayne since he and Ben Lee worked at Tryon Imports and that is further back than I like to think about.
Thanks for the reply.

Old 01-18-2010, 06:47 PM
Veteran Member

Was that before or after Viking Imports?

Old 01-18-2010, 07:26 PM

I believe that it was before Viking. That goes so far back that my memory is a little fuzzy. I do rember dealing with both Bob Sr. and Bob Jr. at Viking. We need to meet sometime. It sounds like you may be in Baxter.
Is that correct? If memory serves me correctly, Ben Lee was at Gathings Imports then he and Wayne operated Tryon Imports. I think Viking came after that. Did you know that Wayne's wife passed away about two years ago. She worked at Scott also.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found the folks at Scott Jaguar to be super to work with. I have purchased three Jags there and they did all my work until I moved to the NC mountains. If I still lived close to Charlotte I would still use them!

Old 01-21-2010, 03:16 PM
Veteran Member

Oh no I did not know that Waynes wife had passed. That was before I even thought of owning a Jaguar. Poor guy, he seems to dealing with her passing, although I only know him on a professional level.

Actually I am closer to the KOA campground. Pleasant and Gold Hill, about 1/4 mile north on Pleasant Rd.

MtnJag "road trip" to Scott!!!!
I am sure they would really still like the business.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree that a “Road Trip” to Scott Jaguar would not be a bad thing. I found another dealer in Tenn. that also does outstanding work. I took our 06 Super V8 to Alley’s Jaguar in Kingsport, TN for some warranty work and was really impressed with their professionalism, service and communication. I have owned Jags since 1967 (63 E-Type FHC) and I do know that a lot of the horror stories one reads or listens to are usually are the result of poor maintenance on the owners part.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:56 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by MtnJag
I do know that a lot of the horror stories one reads or listens to are usually are the result of poor maintenance on the owners part.

I couldn't agree more!!!

I am happy you have found another dealer that you can count on. It seems much blah, blah here is about poor ***********s. We need more "good" dealership stories.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by MtnJag
I do know that a lot of the horror stories one reads or listens to are usually are the result of poor maintenance on the owners part.
I couldn't agree more!!!

I am happy you have found another dealer that you can count on. It seems much blah, blah here is about poor ***********s. We need more "good" dealership stories.
I also believe that lack of proper maintenance leads to a lot of complaints. I've had work done at Hilton Head Jaguar (Hilton Head, SC), Bod Dunn Jaguar (Greensboro, NC), and Scott Jaguar (Charlotte, NC) and found all of them to be great dealerships although I didn't care too much for the whole Bod Dunn/Subaru sharing thing going on there.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:08 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have always had luck with Scott Jag and Hampton in Columbia. I have only had normal maint. items. No terrible things have happened yet. (bang heavily on wood) My only issue is the location. I have a hard time getting there before they close and I hate leaving my baby outside that fence on that side of town. I only did it once and will not do it again.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:07 AM
Received 287 Likes on 205 Posts
Default Right Now

I am 190 mi from home right now in the process of buying 02 XKR. I made a cold call to Russ Brown at Scott last week concerning this particular car and he gave me his time and a ton of info. I was very impressed and thankful.
Dr D

Old 07-03-2011, 10:37 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Not impressed

I was not impressed with the parts man at Scott jaguar, he sold me the wrong wheel locks for my 02 xkr100. When I returned them he was not at all helpful in trying to find the right ones. He acted like it was to much trouble and told me thats all that was listed. My car has the factory wheels, not aftermarket so he should have been able to find them. I would have been happy to order them, but I guess it was to much trouble to look in an actual catalog instead of a new xk8 sales brochure!

Old 07-07-2011, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by xkr100speedracer
I was not impressed with the parts man at Scott jaguar, he sold me the wrong wheel locks for my 02 xkr100. When I returned them he was not at all helpful in trying to find the right ones. He acted like it was to much trouble and told me thats all that was listed. My car has the factory wheels, not aftermarket so he should have been able to find them. I would have been happy to order them, but I guess it was to much trouble to look in an actual catalog instead of a new xk8 sales brochure!
I agree 100% about the attitude in the parts department. Try getting a discount and see how they react. You would think the discount is coming out of their pockets. I normally use Nalley for all my parts.