US Lower Atlantic NC SC FL GA

Shout out to Georgia Jag members!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shout out to Georgia Jag members!

Hi all! Since I'm new to the forum and they have this territorial section, just wanted to say 'hi' in the southern US region, especially any in Georgia.

I'm here in Columbus, GA, which is central Georgia, but smack dab as far west as you can be, right on the Chattahoochee river which separates Georgia and Alabama (at least, down this far downstream of the 'Hooch').

*** this post also serves as one of my posts to help get me out of the newbie probation phase! I wanna browse the photo albums for ideas! ***

Old 08-16-2011, 09:56 PM
Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

yes my friend. .Savannah Ga here

Old 08-16-2011, 10:15 PM
Received 59 Likes on 35 Posts

Welcome, I see you are incognito. (Newbie slipping around making posts in unknown places)....haha

I'm above you in Tennessee between Chattanooga and Knoxville.

Are we having great weather now or what?

Old 08-17-2011, 03:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 200 Posts

Hello Jack!

I am from Columbus, GA. Many years ago I went to Columbus High with a guy with your same name. I grew up behind the Cross Country Plaza, if it still has the name. The Varsity, Scrambled Dog at Dinglewood Pharmacy! Oh the memories. A very small world!

Old 08-17-2011, 04:04 PM
Received 59 Likes on 35 Posts

Okay, get out the "It's a Small World" record and put it on! LOL

Had this done to me so now it's my turn.

(you can't get it out of your head, It's a small world after all, It's a small world after alll......")

Old 08-18-2011, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by hlgeorge
I am from Columbus, GA. Many years ago I went to Columbus High with a guy with your same name.
Hi, Lew!

I actually attended Columbus High my freshman year, but I may be a different 'Jack Storey'. Quite the coincidence!

Dinglewood is still serving up the scrambled dog, which remains a local favorite. Making me hungry for one, just thinking of it!

Old 08-26-2011, 10:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, Ya'll from Dacula (outside Atlanta).

Debbie, that was NOT NICE! Playing "It's a small world ..." over and over could be used to torture terrorists!

Old 10-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Talking Ga. Jag Members

Hello Jag people, I am in College Park,Ga. and look forward to meeting all Jags in this area. I go by the handle 89 JagMan.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Across the river

Just across the river from you....in Smiths Station, Al. Welcome...lots of good info here.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in Athens.
I don't know any others in the area, nor do I know of a dealer nearby.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:12 PM
Received 91 Likes on 57 Posts
Smile Snellville Jag lover

Hi !
I bought my first Jag, I mean my wife's first Jag in 2005. It is a Champagne 1994 XJS 2+2. She really loves it. Nothing like a beautiful redhead in a Jaguar!
I have since purchased a 1999 XJ8 Van De Plas for my self.
I am trying to convince my wife to sell her 1989 Chrysler LeBaron GTC Turbo.
Nope. She loves both the Jag and the LeBaron.
We belong to the North Georgia Jaguar Club and attend the monthly outings whenever possible. They have some of the greatest events going out in the North GA and North Carolina mountain areas. Fantastic cars in fantastic scenery. I think I may sell my SeaRay boat and buy another XJS or a XK8 next year. Things to plan for next year....

Old 12-08-2011, 05:04 PM
Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Scarbro: If my lake had the levels of Lanier, I'd also look to sell my boat.

We left Lawrenceville 8 years ago to move to our Tennessee River lake house in Northwest Alabama. I knew my company was going to force early retirements, and we were looking to substantially lower our cost of living so we could afford a luxury like a Jaguar.

I'm glad to see so many good Gwinnett County Jag owners out there. You're fortunate to have so many salvage cars to use to keep your Jaguars up and running for many future years.

Unless one goes to the British Car Show @ Rome, GA, they have no idea how many British cars there are in the Atlanta area, and how absolutely stunning many of the cars are. My favorite is a polished aluminum Caterham Super 7.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi we are new owners of 2005 XKR and would like to find a good jag technician in north Atlanta area. We are in Acworth. Any recommendations? Thanks!!

Old 04-03-2012, 04:25 PM

Hello to all my Jag Fam! I am truly excited today. After many months of frustration and anguish I am THRILLED to announce that the CAT ROARS!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!! Turns out the problem was a combination of things, including a bad fuel pump(it was new and still bad), had to replace the gas tank, and had a bad connection in my instrument cluster. Go figure. Anywho, the cat purrs nicely now and I an't wait to road test it on the highway! Thanks to all my Jag Family for all of your suggestions and help. It is always appreciated. Now I need someone in the Atlanta area to help me find someone who can refresh or replace the wood grain parts on my front doors, glove box,dash and center console. I am not above using salvage yards w/Jag parts.

Thanks again for any and all suggestions.

Also, if there is a place where Jag members meet up in Atlanta, let me know. I'm Out

Old 06-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Stone Mountain 02 XKR owner here. would love meet fellow Cat owners in the area

Old 07-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Cool Warner robins ga

Greetings....reside in WR GA....near Robins Air Force Base...seen a few Jags around.....would like to know the owners..start something here

Old 07-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Cool aDDITION..........

fORGOT....wow....own a 1999 XJ8...superb condition....

Old 08-16-2012, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by hlgeorge
Hello Jack!

I am from Columbus, GA. Many years ago I went to Columbus High with a guy with your same name. I grew up behind the Cross Country Plaza, if it still has the name. The Varsity, Scrambled Dog at Dinglewood Pharmacy! Oh the memories. A very small world!
I'm from Tifton but I can remember my Dad taking me to Dinglewood Pharmacy many times for a scramble dog! He was from Columbus and we'd visit family there often. It truly is a small world.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:51 AM

Hello all! From Atlanta myself, intown. Currently living in Walton County FL just out of college, but I'm in and out of ATL, so the best place to find me is getting tickets in every county between Freeport FL and Tuskegee AL. Just look for the Sea Frost 2000 XJ8! (CB whip on the trunk)

Old 09-13-2012, 05:15 AM

Hello everyone! I'm in Norcross, ga where my S-Type gets more eyes then the letter with the dot. Hope we all meet up one day.

Quick Reply: Shout out to Georgia Jag members!