US Lower Atlantic NC SC FL GA

Warning: STAY AWAY from Marty's Complete Automotive in Oakland Park!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2022 | 12:59 AM
|
Veteran Member
Exclamation Warning: STAY AWAY from Marty's Complete Automotive in Oakland Park!

Marty's Complete Automotive in Oakland Park is a total rip-off preying on ignorant customers, and their work was of utmost pathetic incompetence.
1. Marty's took ALL DAY from 10am to 5pm to just assess the car for several issues and then quoted me $2k in a formal estimate (printed out) to fix an oil leak, that included replacing the water pump which is working fine and had nothing to do with this?! The oil leak plus other issues resulted in a total estimate of approx. $6k.
2. A few days later my local mechanic found the oil leaking from a worn gasket and charged me under $200 to fix the oil leak A-to-Z - no more leak since, oil level remains constant ever since.
3. Marty's "forgot" to put a plastic-panel back on the car. I saw it missing once I got home, texted them and their like "oh I found it here, come back any time and we will put it back on the car." No apologies for blatant incompetency and inconveniencing me.
4. Marty's messed with the computer settings and left the car in diagnostic mode which was making it do all sorts of weird things. When I returned for my panel replacement and I mentioned this they initially said "I left it like that because the customer-mode was not working" which is laughable, because I drove the car there and it was working fine and just throwing a code that I was trying to get assessed/repaired. Then a few minutes later he comes over to me and says "how do you know it is in diagnostic mode?" SMH...
5. I think (but not sure) he messed with my ride height settings and left me with a new problem to fix (one corner is now too high.)
6. there is a google review on Marty's from someone who complained they disconnected their brake-taillights before returning the car to them leaving them driving a dangerous vehicle. There is a response from Marty's to this saying "The light was unplugged so the vehicle could be driven." SMH, are they for real??! Wish I read that review before going to them...

Last edited by vdpnyc; 05-06-2022 at 01:05 AM.
The following users liked this post:
jlewisa1c (07-02-2022)
Old 05-06-2022 | 03:55 AM
GGG

I'm usually very hard on dealer or independent 'bashing' posts because it's almost always a newbie just wanting to vent. However, you've been on the forums for a very long time with significant experience of Jaguar ownership, maintenance and repairs. Consequently your post stays here untouched.

In fairness, I will also accept a reply from Marty's Complete Automotive if they see it and want to explain.

Graham

Old 07-02-2022 | 05:56 PM

whoa...i live in oakland park, thanks for the warning