US Lower Atlantic NC SC FL GA

West Palm Mechanic needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 11:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mdallman
Good to hear that Jaguar Doctor in Boca is highly recommended, I am purchasing a 2000 XJ8 L in the tampa area and moving to Boca aug. 1st. They're less than 5 minutes from where I'll be living!
Hey thank for the info i stop by the jaguar doctor in Boca on Wed. The owner is really nice old guy. Also real easy to talk to. I will be drop my car to fix these two problems im have with my o4 S type error code P1646 and a air bag light on tues next week. He charge $100hr which is fair. ill give an up date on the out come next once again think you

Old 12-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a check engine light comes in and out. I want to find out what it is

Old 12-11-2012, 08:02 AM
Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts

Hey all I forgot about this thread. As a follow up to my car's service performed at All European Auto Repair, 1350 N Us-1, Jupiter, FL 33469 - they are horrible. A few weeks after getting my car back my check engine light ("CEL") came on so I took it back, paid them tons of money, got it back, CEL came back on in less than a month, and this cycle repeated itself three times before I took it to a Discount Tires of all place (my former co-worker's husband works there) and they finally fixed the problem and I have been CEL free since. All European Repair is very, very expensive too. And here is my favorite part, I had a single lug that was stripped so I bought new lugs and took them there and asked them to take off the stripped lug and and to just replace all lugs while they worked on my car the last time I used them. Normally this is something I would do myself but I thought since I had been there so many times recently that they would have done it as a courtesy. They billed me $125 for changing the lugs!!!!!!! My father picked up the car and paid for me since I was busy so I didnt have a chance to argue, and when I looked at the bill it had been several weeks so I just ate it but that was the nail in the coffin for me never to return.

Also, they did some work on my father in law's former Volvo and when it was returned, it would have a surge of power when you tried to brake! They are horrible. And they offered to buy that Volvo, a fully loaded S80 turbo for something like $800. Insulting. They are a very bad shop. Oh yea and the owner is very arrogant, he is a know it all type who prides himself in being the king of car knowledge because he used to do amatuer racing back in the 1980s. They are a joke of a shop.

Since then I have been using Jupiter Performance also in Jupiter. They build race cars so they are very enthusiatic about working on cars, their prices are great, and their work is great (so far, have used them twice).

Old 02-28-2013, 11:08 AM
Default Jaguar Motorsports in Delray Beach

I highly recommend Jaguar Motorsport, in Delray Beach. Roberto is the owner and Melissa , his daughter is the receptionist. His contact information is, Jaguar Motorsport, 175 S. Congress Ave., Delray Beach, FL 33445.
I have taken all my Jaguars to Roberto, when I can't figure how to fix them myself. He has all the Jaguar scanners, etc. He has always been fair and accurate. They even have Enterprise pick you up at the shop & give you a great rental rate, when you need to leave the Jag with Roberto.
Tell him Jeff sent ya!

His contact information is, Jaguar Motorsport, 175 S. Congress Ave., Delray Beach, FL 33445. (561)265-3864

Old 04-12-2013, 09:57 AM
Received 221 Likes on 98 Posts

We are in Coral Gables if you don't mind the drive:

Gables Cats
220 Granello Ave
33146 Coral Gables FL
395 662 6604

Our website:

Gables Cats: Miami Jaguar service and repair

Old 02-19-2020, 12:22 PM

HI... reading your old post. Looking for a mechanic for my s type - 2000 jag in the West Palm Beach Area.
Who do you recommend in Boca?

Old 02-28-2020, 04:42 PM
Default Mechanic found

Found a great resource in JFM Motor Cars. Enrique is Jag certified master mechanic and also has experience with a broad range of European cars as well as vintage American cars. He has the computer with codes for the s type which as invaluable to sort out the issue with my jag. Shop was spotless and the car was returned detailed and purring like a Jaguar . Highly recommend them 1023 Oakachobee Rd West Palm Beach FL - 561-389-51490

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions...

Old 02-29-2020, 01:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PetJag
Found a great resource in JFM Motor Cars. Enrique is Jag certified master mechanic and also has experience with a broad range of European cars as well as vintage American cars. He has the computer with codes for the s type which as invaluable to sort out the issue with my jag. Shop was spotless and the car was returned detailed and purring like a Jaguar . Highly recommend them 1023 Oakachobee Rd West Palm Beach FL - 561-389-51490

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions...
Agree 100% and also highly recommend Enrique. He was initially recommended to me several years ago when the transmission went in my 97 XK8. My previous mechanic told me it was time to say goodbye tp the car and I was having difficulty finding anyone who would even take a look to diagnose it (as soon as the transmission shops heard it was a Jaguar, they would take a pass). Enrique put in a used Jag transmission that had been updated and did a LOT of other work on the car as well, at a reasonable price - and the best part was having the confidence that someone who really knows these cars was doing the work.

Old 03-01-2020, 12:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Does anyone have a recommendation for a Jag shop in Fort Lauderdale? I have a 1994 XJS 4.0 that i need brake and AC work on. I have worked on a handful of my cars, but heard the brake bleed can be pretty tricky on these cars so I am interested in getting a professional to look at it first.

Thanks,
Dan

Old 03-11-2020, 10:06 PM
Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts

Just picked up my 2013 XJ from JFM & Enrique in West Palm. Needed some work on the cooling system, which turned out to be a faulty "low coolant" sensor. He kept the car for a couple of days, did some road testing and foiund and fixed the problem. Thanks to all of the posters for their input to use JFM and it was a great experience. Total communication from Enrique, honest and truthful analysis of the problem and when he also found some suspension parts needing replacement, immediately notified me and asked what I wanted to do, rather than doing it first and billing you later. He takes the time to educate you on the issue and saved the parts to explain why they needed repaired. I will be back, no question about it. I will tell you with my experience with other mechanics, I'll go nowhere else and would recommend him to anyone.

If you're familiar with West Palm, the shop is near to the Kravits Center, and it's on Okeechobee ROAD, not Okeechobee Blvd. nor Old Okechobee Blvd.