US Mid Atlantic MD VA DC DE WV

Fuel leak

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2014 | 10:46 AM
|
Default Fuel leak

I live in Washington, DC. I recently had my fuel pump changed and short l fuel line changed. Now, fuel is leaking someone where. What should I do?

Old 09-27-2014 | 01:57 PM
Veteran member

Amy, first off, welcome to the Forums. Lots of good information here. But, please stop by the New Member Section and tell us a little bit about yourself. We pride ourselves in being a better car group and as part of this, we like to keep that family feeling. This will also give you a chance to meet those that make this place what it is.

As for your problem, I would first start off with say that if it happened immediately after the repair, the shop is on the hook for fixing it and you should go back to the shop unless they have just completely rubbed you the wrong way and you don't trust them any more. A reputable shop will atleast look at the car and say if it is due to what they did or not and ask to have them take you back when the car is on the lift and show you the problem.

With all this being said, what year and model vehicle are we dealing with here? This may help some of us pin point a common issue with the cars and help narrow down where the problem most likely is. A lot of newer Jags have an access hole under the rear seat (passenger side normally, remove the bottom seat cushion and there will be a plate that you can remove to see the top of the fuel tank). In a lot of cases, it is simply that the ring that holds the fuel pump in place wasn't tightened enough or was actually overly tightened and it has split.

Give us a little more info to play with and we can hopefully give you some info that is spot on with what the issue is. In case you are interested, come on out to Fairfax, VA tomorrow (8-10 am) for our Pride of Jaguars meet at the Fair Lakes mall. This will give you a chance to meet some of us from the forums. I will be there and if you bring the car, maybe we can help figure out the issue.