US Mid Atlantic MD VA DC DE WV

Holiday get together

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 03:52 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,894 Likes on 3,201 Posts
Default Holiday get together

With the holidays coming up, I am inquiring if people may be interested in getting together to have a club get together (would be nice to put faces with names). I am just looking for some relative interest in the idea.

The initial thought right now is doing at a place in say Manassass. It would be fairly central to those in NoVa, DC, and also those to the south in VA Beach/Hampton Roads.

If you are interested, let me know. Lets make this a good time and really show the rest of the Forums what we are like.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 217 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Thermo
With the holidays coming up, I am inquiring if people may be interested in getting together to have a club get together (would be nice to put faces with names). I am just looking for some relative interest in the idea.

The initial thought right now is doing at a place in say Manassass. It would be fairly central to those in NoVa, DC, and also those to the south in VA Beach/Hampton Roads.

If you are interested, let me know. Lets make this a good time and really show the rest of the Forums what we are like.
You have an idea of when this would be taking place. I'm gonna be moving in Dec. but I'm taking a trip to Michigan for Thanksgiving so if its around after that I may be able to get it in with my way back. I would be interested depending on when and where. Funny thing I actually bought my STR in Manassass. Also I would try and post this in each of the model forums. I dont think alot of people go to the regional area. I only visit here about once or twice a month, I have a direct link to the S-type forums in my favs.

Old 10-19-2010, 04:55 PM
Veteran member

Vance, I would be looking at doing it around the 15th of Dec. Late enough to be celebrating, but not too late to be in the middle of all the stuff happening. Just trying to get a feel for how many people may be interested in this.

Old 10-19-2010, 07:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 217 Likes on 129 Posts

Vance, I would be looking at doing it around the 15th of Dec. Late enough to be celebrating, but not too late to be in the middle of all the stuff happening. Just trying to get a feel for how many people may be interested in this.
That is actually the weekend I'm planning my move so I will definitly not be able to make that.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mostly any weekend is good for me, Just got my Jag in july and was hoping for a meet near me. Im in

Old 10-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,988 Likes on 2,125 Posts

Most likely yes.

Thermo...is this too off-topic for you to post in the vehicle groups?...I do not think it is getting enough exposure here.

I hope we can get our other local rock star Gus to attend !

Old 10-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Veteran member

White, could I ask a favor of you? What I am looking for is a fairly nice restaurant up near you (between Arlington and Manassas, preferably a little bit more towards Manassas) that is easy to get to off of I-95. I figure this will make it easier on everyone to get in and out. I'm not after something like Ruth Chris, but I am after something a little bit on the nice side (say like Lone Star Steakhouse). If you could find something like that, it would be greatly appreaciated. If they are asking, I am thinking on Sat, Dec 11th as the day we all get together. That should be a day that we can get the most people there.

Old 10-22-2010, 04:38 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,213 Likes on 1,702 Posts

I would love to get together with all of you. I was thinking of doing a lunch but whatever you come up with is good for me but you need to plan this before the end of the year. I just sold my house and will be moving to OC Md for the winter and summer then to the new house in Woodstock Va. Just a note, have you ever been to Manassas over the holidays? Traffic! I know I work in Manassas.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:05 PM
Veteran member

Gus, I am open to just about anything. I am trying to mix something that is easy to find with something that will be fairly central to the DC/Richmond area. I figure this will be close enough that even the VA Beach people can come up, yet, be enough north that all the people in northern MD/VA along with even those in southern PA will be interested in coming. So, if you can think of a place, offer it up. LIke I said, I'm not familiar with the area I am looking at. I doubt people want to drive out near me. Lovely scenery, but a "little" bit off of the beaten path (an hour east of Richmond as the crow flies, 2+ hours from Richmond if you drive).

Old 10-22-2010, 10:36 PM
Veteran Member

I'll throw an idea out there: Sweetwater Tavern in Centreville, VA. Centreville one town north of Manassas. Prices are moderate and the food and service in this chain is very reliable.

I would not recommend them for dinner, because they do not take reservations when they get really busy, but it probably would work out great for a late lunch as you had suggested.

Here is a link to restaurant: http://www.greatamericanrestaurants.com/sweetMainCen/

Old 10-22-2010, 10:40 PM
Veteran Member

Another thought, is to go further South to Fredricksburg. It is about an hour south of DC, and a little more attractive if we have folks coming from VA Beach or Richmond.

Old 10-23-2010, 06:16 AM
Veteran member

White, I thought about Fredricksburg after writing my last post. I am thinking it may be the better of the choices. I Will talk with a friend at work. He lives in Fredricksburg and he should be able to give me a few ideas of good places to eat.

Lets spread the word about this and hopefully it will be something that is very memorable for all that attend.

Old 10-23-2010, 07:23 AM
Gus
Veteran Member

I do not have a problem with it in Fredericksburg or Manassas but let me ask is this a brunch, Lunch, late lunch or dinner? Bring the significant other?

Old 10-23-2010, 07:55 AM
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Sounds good I'll be visiting family in Chicago the weekend of 11 December ... might be able to link up if another weekend, but not suggesting where I am by Tysons Corner - you know how bad the traffic is around here!

Old 10-23-2010, 08:28 AM
Veteran member

Gus, this is my view of the situation: "if the wife ain't happy, then you ain't happy". So, bring the significant other, bring the kids. As for time of day, I am thinking we will all meet up at say around Noon, spend some time out near the vehicles to get to know everyone and then head on into the restaurant around 1 PM. That will give people a chance to get there and settle down or give those that are not familiar with the traffic between Richmond and DC a chance to catch up.

Old 10-23-2010, 08:35 AM
Gus
Veteran Member

That sounds great with me. The next thing is where?

Old 10-23-2010, 09:14 AM

I'm a huge fan of The Old Brogue in Great Falls, plus we could commandeer a section of the parking lot for photos

EDIT: Georgetown Pike and Walker Rd. www.oldbrogue.com

Last edited by WldCat; 10-23-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:19 AM
Gus
Veteran Member

Is that next to Falls Landing?

Old 10-23-2010, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Gus
Is that next to Falls Landing?
I dunno but it's east of you off of Rt. 7 (although driving Georgetown Pike can be lots of fun if there's little traffic)

Old 10-25-2010, 02:07 PM
Gus
Veteran Member

Gus, this is my view of the situation: "if the wife ain't happy, then you ain't happy". So, bring the significant other, bring the kids. As for time of day, I am thinking we will all meet up at say around Noon, spend some time out near the vehicles to get to know everyone and then head on into the restaurant around 1 PM. That will give people a chance to get there and settle down or give those that are not familiar with the traffic between Richmond and DC a chance to catch up.
Check your PM.

Quick Reply: Holiday get together