US Mid Atlantic MD VA DC DE WV

Jag Tech in Delaware

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 12:01 PM
Received 208 Likes on 151 Posts
Default Jag Tech in Delaware

I want to get the word out that we, here at Land Rover Wilmington, are looking for a few good Jaguar cars to work on. We have the same equipment as Jaguar dealers and about the same lead time on parts. I have the experience necessary to take care of your Jaguar and will welcome you with open arms as a fellow Jaguar enthusiast. Please stop by or make an appointment with us. Call Will at 302 992-9400 to set an appointment to have me, Mark, take care of your Jaguar.

The following 2 users liked this post by BlackX300VDP:
dqwatson (10-30-2012), ONEsicJAG (04-22-2013)
Old 09-06-2012, 09:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 221 Posts

Hi Mark,

Are you still out there?

Do you have the gear to cut and program some keys for an '03 XKR? I have the blanks (if they are, in fact, the correct ones as advertised).

If I concede to using Annapolis, I'll have to turn myself in as a rape victim afterwards. HELP!!!

Thanks !

Last edited by scardini1; 09-06-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by scardini1
Hi Mark,

Are you still out there?

Do you have the gear to cut and program some keys for an '03 XKR? I have the blanks (if they are, in fact, the correct ones as advertised).

If I concede to using Annapolis, I'll have to turn myself in as a rape victim afterwards. HELP!!!

Thanks !
I'm sorry but we don't have the tibi cutter here. Rovers don't use them. We had a guy in West Chester that stopped by all the time to get blanks. He was able to cut and program them. Ace Unlocks from Wayne,PA was the name on the truck. I found out he actually does the smart key programming as well on the newer cars. I know he's far but he may be able to connect you with someone closer. Personally I think key programming is a bit unnecessarily expensive at the dealers (mine included). Sometimes.........
Google it and you'll see his number in the yellow pages online. Again, i don't think he'd go all the way down to you but may be able to lead you in the right direction, away from annapolis.

The following users liked this post:
scardini1 (09-07-2012)
Old 09-07-2012, 08:31 AM

As a little follow up, we charge $75 for programming. May not be worth the two hours extra to get up here from annapolis.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 221 Posts

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the info. I actually live quite a bit south Annapolis, but oddly enough, I have to attend occassional meetings in Philly. It's possible I could mail the keys to be cut to ACE, and stop by your place to/from one of those meetings. I'll check with ACE; no meetings on the horizon right now though.

I'm surprised at how disappointed most people are with their dealer$hip$ (I always thought that sentiment was strictly reserved for Porsche owners - lol). Do the dealers wish that all the older cars would just go away? Too bad.

Ciao - Jim

Old 09-07-2012, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by scardini1
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the info. I actually live quite a bit south Annapolis, but oddly enough, I have to attend occassional meetings in Philly. It's possible I could mail the keys to be cut to ACE, and stop by your place to/from one of those meetings. I'll check with ACE; no meetings on the horizon right now though.

I'm surprised at how disappointed most people are with their dealer$hip$ (I always thought that sentiment was strictly reserved for Porsche owners - lol). Do the dealers wish that all the older cars would just go away? Too bad.

Ciao - Jim
Jim

You can certainly try to do that with Ace. I imagine he could cut them and send them and next time you are in the Wilmington area call and swing by and I can program them.
As far as dealerships, I have been with them my whole career and I understand a lot of things but there are some prices that get out of control. In fact, I disagreed with customer gouging at one place so much, I landed at Jaguar. Glad I did! I have always worked hard on keeping the older cars coming in. Pricing gets tough on older cars and second, third owners, etc. but we work hard to work with people here at my current dealership.
So, whenever you can, give us a call (302)992-9400 ask for Will or service and we will get the key programmed for you. Make sure you have all of them when you do get them programmed since it will kick out any keys that are not present.

Thanks
Mark

Old 04-17-2013, 06:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Mark,
Do you do body work? My recently purchased '04 XJ VdP is mechanically sound, but there are some minor cosmetic scratches on front right corner from the prior owner raking the side of his turned garage. It is not too much of an eye sore, but hoping to find a reasonable price to get it fixed, given the rest of the car is so straight and beautiful.

Thanks in advance,
Tim

Old 04-18-2013, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by timmac69
Hi Mark,
Do you do body work? My recently purchased '04 XJ VdP is mechanically sound, but there are some minor cosmetic scratches on front right corner from the prior owner raking the side of his turned garage. It is not too much of an eye sore, but hoping to find a reasonable price to get it fixed, given the rest of the car is so straight and beautiful.

Thanks in advance,
Tim
Tim, I don't personally do bodywork. I can hang painted parts on a car and hammer out a little sheet metal but no paintwork. We use The Trim Shop in Newark. They seem to be very reasonable with prices and even our sales manager takes his 911 there. They do very nice work. 302-525-8250

daomoniker (10-20-2015)
Old 04-18-2013, 07:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackX300VDP
Tim, I don't personally do bodywork. I can hang painted parts on a car and hammer out a little sheet metal but no paintwork. We use The Trim Shop in Newark. They seem to be very reasonable with prices and even our sales manager takes his 911 there. They do very nice work. 302-525-8250
Mark,
Many thanks for the reply and the referral! I will definately give them a call and look you up if/when I am in need of any mechanicals. Have a great night!

BlackX300VDP (04-19-2013)
Old 12-27-2013, 08:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackX300VDP
I want to get the word out that we, here at Land Rover Wilmington, are looking for a few good Jaguar cars to work on. We have the same equipment as Jaguar dealers and about the same lead time on parts. I have the experience necessary to take care of your Jaguar and will welcome you with open arms as a fellow Jaguar enthusiast. Please stop by or make an appointment with us. Call Will at 302 992-9400 to set an appointment to have me, Mark, take care of your Jaguar.
What is your going rate?

Old 12-30-2013, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Willyb
What is your going rate?
All Jaguar repairs are $90/hr. Our regular Land Rover rate is $125/hr

Our repair times are based on Jaguar warranty times or Alldata times.

Thanks!

Old 09-12-2018, 02:43 PM

Updating an old thread

I have moved on to my own independent shop in Middletown, DE.

Apex Automotive serves all you automobile needs. We repair all makes and models with a specialty in Jaguar, Land Rover, and BMW.
I have over 23 years of service experience and this is my first try at my own shop to cater to owners that want their car repaired properly. I am also ASE Certified in all areas including the new certification in diesel engines. I am also one of the few Delaware Certified Emissions Repair Technicians (T00414)

I look forward to hearing from all my friendly Jaguar enthusiasts out there.

Mark

www.ApexAutoDE.com