US Mid Atlantic MD VA DC DE WV

Looking for a Good Jaguar mechanic in VA?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Looking for a Good Jaguar mechanic in VA?

Does anyone know of any GOOD Jag mechanics in the Virginia Beach area? Also has any one ever been to Auto Haus on Yorktown?

Thanks1

Old 02-02-2011, 05:15 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,920 Likes on 3,220 Posts

Styper, if you don't mind working on your own vehicle, I would tell you to come up north a little ways to me (I'm in southern MD). As for local shops, I never found a shop that I was really comfortable with as I used to live in Norfolk. The best shop that I can say to see is one off of I-264 and Witchduck Road. Go North on Witchduck and then make a right on to Southern BLVD. Drive down about a block or 2 and you will see a repair place on the left hand side of the road. They were the best that I could find. I just don't recall the name of the shop right now as I have been out of the area for 2 years now.

What are you looking to get done? Most things I can do right in my driveway and that way you can get your hands involved and learn something about your car in the process.

The following 2 users liked this post by Thermo:
Jim 03XKR (09-07-2012), Stypernva (02-02-2011)
Old 02-02-2011, 09:21 PM

Thanks for the info on the shop. I will check it out tomorrow on my way from work. I definetly dont mind working on my own cars. I am a Seabee mechanic in the Navy and i love to work on my toys. I am just short on time is the problem. I have never had a Jag up to this point and I have been waiting on a good deal on a type r and this came along. But i knew what i was getting into as far as parts cost and reapir costs on the Jag. Mine has the typical head light droop issues and now a coolant leak under the supercharger. It needs alittle TLC but i am good with it. Thanks for the offer for helping me with the repairs. I have a truck and car trailer so i might take you up on that. Thanks again and i will be in touch.

Cheers

Old 02-02-2011, 09:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 217 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by STYPERNVA
Thanks for the info on the shop. I will check it out tomorrow on my way from work. I definetly dont mind working on my own cars. I am a Seabee mechanic in the Navy and i love to work on my toys. I am just short on time is the problem. I have never had a Jag up to this point and I have been waiting on a good deal on a type r and this came along. But i knew what i was getting into as far as parts cost and reapir costs on the Jag. Mine has the typical head light droop issues and now a coolant leak under the supercharger. It needs alittle TLC but i am good with it. Thanks for the offer for helping me with the repairs. I have a truck and car trailer so i might take you up on that. Thanks again and i will be in touch.

Cheers
There is a good video below in my youtube channel to fix that droopy headlight for a few bucks and about 15 min of time. Havent had the coolant leak so no video for that yet. (knock on wood)

The following users liked this post:
Stypernva (02-02-2011)
Old 02-02-2011, 09:52 PM

Thanks Vance! Good info on the head light fix. now i have a clue!

Cheers

Old 10-30-2012, 05:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Thermo, love reading your stuff man. I know you didn't extend this offer to me but I might as well cross my heart and hope. I live in Bowie MD and would love to have a veteran like yourself show me around this thing. I really love the car but unfortunately dont know much at all about caring for it. What do you say.....PLEASEEEEE LOL!

Old 01-12-2013, 09:24 PM

Hi My name is Rebecca and am looking for a really good Jag Mechanic in the Gloucerter VA area. I have a 1998 XJ8 I just love this car but need help with repairs. Thanks 804-699-0223 or email me at rrranchhorselove@gmail.com

Old 01-13-2013, 06:41 AM
Veteran member

dqwatson, if you want to play with your car, let me know when. February/March is going to be bad for me since I tend to work 72 hour work weeks during that time. But, then, spring is right there in April and makes for some good times to work on a vehicle. So, if you are interested, let me know and we will get you taken care of.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks so much for not forgetting me friend. That time frame will be awesome. I look forward to turning wrenches with you!

Old 02-22-2013, 01:05 PM

Does any one know of a good mechanic in the Northern VA area?

Old 02-23-2013, 02:13 AM
Veteran member

Lew, what are you looking to have done to your car? Depending on what it is, may be able to help you out. Otherwise, I am sure someone else can recommend someone up in the DC area that is worthwhile. I know I am still looking for one near me that knows what the hell is going on and that can do an alignment and be honest when they are done.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:43 AM

Thermo,
Right now, I just need someone to take a look at and tell me what needs to be done with the car. The whole Needs to be done NOW, later, and "don't worry about it" problems.

Trevor

Old 02-25-2013, 08:45 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Trevor,

Ivan Arzola at IMA Motorsports is very good. He has helped me (and is currently helping me) with many of my projects. Here is his website if you are interested:

Porsche Repair Service & Performance in Chantilly | BMW Mini Audi Mercedes VW

bob

Old 02-27-2013, 02:17 PM
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I've used Autohaus in Yorktown for work on my Bimmers and hey are very good. A few years ago they wouldn't touch a Jag, but Hans has expanded the business a lot in the past 10 years and they sell and service just about every high end model of car.

The other place I would recommend is Abacus in Virginia Beach. Their name says racing, but they do general repair as well. I've never used them because I'm in the Williamsburg area, but everyone I've talked to in the Alfa and BMW clubs that have used them say good things about them.

I don't know why it took so long for me to see this thread. My reply may not do you any good if you've already been transferred.

Last edited by VapourTrail; 07-22-2014 at 07:11 AM.
The following users liked this post:
ChuckSrsJag (09-01-2014)
Old 02-27-2013, 07:12 PM
Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

I take mine to Abacus Racing. They are a great bunch of guys and always deal fairly with me - I say this because its too common to find a shop that will try to sell a woman blinker fluid and such...

Old 07-30-2013, 10:53 AM
dsd
Veteran Member
Received 326 Likes on 231 Posts

Sorry to bring up this older thread, but I have worked with "Curry's Auto" in the past. They are good and know their stuff. Also, Competizione in MD for the more exotic cars is fantastic.

Best,
dsd

Old 08-22-2013, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Thermo
Lew, what are you looking to have done to your car? Depending on what it is, may be able to help you out. Otherwise, I am sure someone else can recommend someone up in the DC area that is worthwhile. I know I am still looking for one near me that knows what the hell is going on and that can do an alignment and be honest when they are done.
Thermo, I have an Aston Martin: 2001 DB7 Vantage/Volante. I need new plugs and coils. Any interest in working in an AM. If not, know any decent AM mechanics?

Old 08-22-2013, 02:09 PM
Veteran member

Dave, I am always game to try working on a car. Can't garantee anything as I will have to see how things are laid out. But, I am willing to give it a shot. It shouldn't be that much different than most of the cars I work on. So, bring it.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:22 AM

Hey Thermo, (Chris), You still like working on cars? I have a 2001 XJR. From this forum I gather my locking control module is out. My rear driver side light stays on. Now I can't get into my truck to charge my battery.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:36 PM
Veteran member

wjdh, sure I am always looking for a car project. What you got in mind?

Quick Reply: Looking for a Good Jaguar mechanic in VA?