US Mid Atlantic MD VA DC DE WV

Northern VA - A Pride of Jaguars II, Fair Lakes

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 09:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,007 Likes on 4,113 Posts

BUMP>>>>>

Originally Posted by rcollum
Here's who I have, so far, as attending our 'A Pride of Jaguars II' event, on Sept 22nd, at Fair Lakes:

Bob Collum
Bob Andretta
Craig Faunce
Greg Weldy
Rydinsky
JWDawson5
Kiddhan
Gus
Jack & Becky
Pete VTX
Cheryl F.
Mark Gordon
Docuzzie
Xeno
360GTRacer
Blevi70
Jeannie B.
WhiteXKR

Hope to see you there - just let me know when you know you are coming, so I make sure to save space for enough cars!

--Bob Collum

Classic or new, young or old, get along and join in, The more the merrier............

The following users liked this post:
rcollum (08-30-2013)
Old 08-31-2013, 12:24 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Save a space for me. I will be driving my "Plain Jane" jag up there. Proudly coming from the sticks 1 1/2 miles outside of Richmond.

Mat It Or Move Over!

Old 08-31-2013, 03:40 AM
Received 145 Likes on 120 Posts
Default It's Coming Together!

Thanks, Angela! I have you on the list. Based on what I'm seeing, we may have to have a "longest distance driven" award. I'll see what I can do...

As of right now, we have 20 on the list of attendees.

--Bob Collum

Last edited by rcollum; 08-31-2013 at 08:00 PM.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:51 PM
Received 298 Likes on 171 Posts

Hello Bob,
Please save a spot for another X-Type.

Bill Crodick

Old 08-31-2013, 08:01 PM

Thanks, Bill. I've added you - see you there!

--Bob Collum

Old 08-31-2013, 11:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eastern panhandle WV member here. Please don't reserve a space for me, as my weekend plans usually revolve around the young 'uns - and being anywhere for more than a half-hour or so is usually more than they can tolerate - but I'll do the best I can to bring the kids down to look at some gorgeous Jags. Hopefully inspire the next generation!
Is there a downloadable flyer for this event? A short cruise afterwards? Even better than seeing the Jags parked would be watching and hearing them growl by afterwards!

Old 09-01-2013, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by smh04
Eastern panhandle WV member here. Please don't reserve a space for me, as my weekend plans usually revolve around the young 'uns - and being anywhere for more than a half-hour or so is usually more than they can tolerate - but I'll do the best I can to bring the kids down to look at some gorgeous Jags. Hopefully inspire the next generation!
Is there a downloadable flyer for this event? A short cruise afterwards? Even better than seeing the Jags parked would be watching and hearing them growl by afterwards!
Glad to hear from you! Please PM me your email address, and I will send you the flyer. Some of us will be going to brunch after the event, right around 10:00AM. The restaurant is only a few blocks away, but there will be some amount of cars driving out. If PM does not work for you, you could email me - Robert(underscore)Collum(at)Hotmail(dot)com. I will put you on the email list for the next one, in the Spring. Heck, at some point, your kids will want to drive!

--Bob Collum

smh04 (09-02-2013)
Old 09-02-2013, 07:45 AM
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Good morning Bob,

Assuming I can accomplish getting my 'new' (2005) XK8 through inspection and registration in time, I'll be there on September 22nd. Anxious to meet up with fellow Jaguar enthusiasts in the area and begin to enjoy my new toy.

Regards,
Jim

Old 09-02-2013, 08:12 AM
Default APOJ II - Sunday, 9/22/13 8:00AM - 10:00AM East Market at Fair Lakes, VA

Thanks, Jim - hope to see you there!

--Bob Collum

Attached Thumbnails Northern VA - A Pride of Jaguars II, Fair Lakes-img_0311.jpg  
Old 09-02-2013, 01:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default September 22

Please count me in, as I am eager to meet some other Jaguar owners. See you there.

Gregg Walker
Washington, D.C.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:21 PM

Thanks, Gregg - see you there!

I show us at 20 cars, at this point. Based on other one-marque events I have organized, we will see this number increase in the next two weeks - possibly into the upper 20's!

--Bob Collum

Last edited by rcollum; 09-02-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:53 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Bob! I am planning on being out on the 22nd as well and am happy to put my home-built-cobbed-together-hack-job-lister-jag with the others provided the "real" jags aren't too offended!!

bob

Old 09-05-2013, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by listerjag
Hey Bob! I am planning on being out on the 22nd as well and am happy to put my home-built-cobbed-together-hack-job-lister-jag with the others provided the "real" jags aren't too offended!!

bob
No problem, Bob - you're on the list! See you there!

--Bob Collum

Old 09-05-2013, 07:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,007 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Can't wait to see how this goes........sounds great!

Old 09-09-2013, 12:02 PM
Default APOJ II - East Market at Fair Lakes, Sunday, 9/22/13

Less than two weeks to go to the event, A Pride of Jaguars II. We are holding this get-together on Sunday, Sept. 22, from 8:00AM to 10:00AM at the East Market at Fair Lakes Shopping Center (where Kohl's & Dick's Sporting Goods are located).

We already have 22 Jaguars confirmed for attendance, and with the time we have left, we could certainly get a significant boost to that number. Come out and meet other Jaguar enthusiasts! Optional brunch afterwards, at The Blue Iguana, who is giving us a discounted rate.

Please RSVP to me, so I know how many parking spaces to cordon off!

--Bob Collum
Robert(underscore)collum(at)Hotmail(dot)com

This is a picture of just two Jaguars... imagine how 20 or 30 will look, all lined up!

Attached Thumbnails Northern VA - A Pride of Jaguars II, Fair Lakes-img_0025.jpg  
JimC64 (09-10-2013)
Old 09-10-2013, 08:07 PM
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Hey Bob,

Sorry for the late notice. I plan on being there!

Thanks,
George

Old 09-11-2013, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by goblue90
Hey Bob,

Sorry for the late notice. I plan on being there!

Thanks,
George
No problem at all, George - I'll see you there! The count is now up to 23; I'm hoping for at least 30... I know you're out there!

Thanks,

Bob Collum

Attached Thumbnails Northern VA - A Pride of Jaguars II, Fair Lakes-img_4712.jpg   Northern VA - A Pride of Jaguars II, Fair Lakes-img_4684.jpg  
Old 09-15-2013, 07:41 PM
Default APOJ II: One Week To Go! Don't Miss It.

One week to go before our Jaguar event at Fair Lakes. I now have 24 cars confirmed as coming, and I am expecting to hear from several more this week. Just RSVP to me, so I know how many parking spaces to reserve.

You'll have an opportunity to see a lot of nice Jaguars, as well as the other marques that show up at Fair Lakes every week. You will have the opportunity to talk with other Jaguar enthusiasts. We do have some surprises in store for attendees!

The event runs Sunday, 9/22/13, from 8:00AM to 10:00AM, with an optional brunch at The Blue Iguana afterwards. They have provided us with discounted coupons for brunch.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Bob Collum
Robert(underscore)collum(at)Hotmail(dot)com

A few pictures from our last Jaguar event at Fair Lakes, back in May:

Attached Thumbnails Northern VA - A Pride of Jaguars II, Fair Lakes-img_0296.jpg   Northern VA - A Pride of Jaguars II, Fair Lakes-img_0319.jpg   Northern VA - A Pride of Jaguars II, Fair Lakes-img_0311.jpg  
Old 09-19-2013, 06:42 PM
Default Don't Miss the Big Jaguar Event - Sunday, 9/22/13

Coming right up - 'A Pride of Jaguars II' , this Sunday, 09/22/13, from 8:00AM to 10:00AM, at East Market at Fair Lakes shopping center. The current forecast for Sunday is 'partly sunny, 57F - 75F'.

We currently have 25 Jaguars confirmed, and I'm hoping we have a few more last-minute additions.

There will be an optional brunch afterwards at the nearby Blue Iguana. I have coupons for $3 off their brunch that day, and it's been very popular at my last two car events here.

Please let any of your Jaguar-owning friends know about this - the more, the merrier!

RSVP to me - Robert(underscore)collum(at)Hotmail(dot)com, so I can reserve enough parking spaces for all the Jaguars attending. I chose this venue, because there is a line of parking spaces that is easy to secure, next to the regular Cars & Coffee attendees on this lot. Speaking of the Fair Lakes Cars & Coffee, besides the beautiful Jaguars in attendance this Sunday, there should be a fine collection of vehicles at the main lot, as there are every Sunday.

We will have prizes & surprises.

Let me know if you have any questions.

--Bob Collum

Attached Thumbnails Northern VA - A Pride of Jaguars II, Fair Lakes-img_0383.jpg   Northern VA - A Pride of Jaguars II, Fair Lakes-img_0394.jpg  
Old 09-22-2013, 04:32 PM
Default Meet Report: A Pride of Jaguars II, 09/22/13

What a day! When I started planning this meet, sent out the first emails, and made the first post here on 8/16/13, I had hoped to expand on the modest success we had in the first iteration, back in May. Partly because I was new to the Jaguar world, and was still building my contact list, and also because the day in May was very overcast, we were lucky to have 14 cars show up for A Pride of Jaguars I. ...and, the people I met there were great. My goal for APOJ II was to expand the number of attendees.

That, we did. We had 26 Jaguars show up, with a very good variety of models, including seven E-Types. Again, the people were fantastic!

We did have a lot of help from our sponsors, and we very much appreciate it. Craig Faunce from Rosenthal Jaguar in Tysons Corner brought over a V8 S F-Type, and provided gifts for our 'favorite Jaguar' contest. We also had generous gift contributions from Starbuck's and from Darryl at Odds & Ends Detailing, as well as brunch discounts at The Blue Iguana.

The first attendees arrived a bit before 8:00AM, and we had a steady stream of people arriving, past 9:00AM. We all met lots of new people, and talked with old friends. We learned new things about the marque, and looked at some fabulous automobiles. We awarded the 5 top-ranked 'favorite Jaguars' around 10:00AM, and many of us moved the festivities down the street for brunch.

I'm worn out now, but I feel really good about how the event turned out. Next time (probably next May), I think we will simplify things by awarding whatever door prizes we get by drawing tickets, so we don't have the awkward step of assigning car numbers, and the attendant complications of having to gather and count ballots. The goal is, less work & more fun.

I'm happy to collect any suggestions people have for this event, and will consider different events between now & May, if folks are interested. Just let me know.

Thanks to everyone for making this event turn out so well!

--Bob Collum

Here are the pictures, to prove it really happened!

Attached Thumbnails Northern VA - A Pride of Jaguars II, Fair Lakes-img_5470.jpg   Northern VA - A Pride of Jaguars II, Fair Lakes-img_5471.jpg   Northern VA - A Pride of Jaguars II, Fair Lakes-img_5479.jpg   Northern VA - A Pride of Jaguars II, Fair Lakes-img_5492.jpg   Northern VA - A Pride of Jaguars II, Fair Lakes-img_5493.jpg  

Northern VA - A Pride of Jaguars II, Fair Lakes-img_5511.jpg   Northern VA - A Pride of Jaguars II, Fair Lakes-img_5520.jpg  
jdawson (09-24-2013)

Quick Reply: Northern VA - A Pride of Jaguars II, Fair Lakes