US Mid Atlantic MD VA DC DE WV

Uugghh!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 12:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Uugghh!!

HI Guys. I am so lost, on this site and with my car that i'm about to pull my hair out. I've got a 2002 X Type. My car started fine but i heard a beeping sound. 2 beeps, pause, 2 beeps, pause, etc. for a total of 12 beeps. Drove to the store, turned car off, removed the key, heard the beeps, got in the car, drove home, turned off the car, heard the beeps, now the car won't start but i still hear the beeps and all lights, radio, heat, etc. come on. Red light near gear shift comes on for a second then goes out. Just installed new battery, same thing. Only change is that the clock and radio needs to be reset!!! Got a code that says bad 02 sensor, could that be causing this?

Please Let The Jag Gods Be With Me!!!!!

Last edited by angel in va; 02-15-2013 at 12:58 PM. Reason: forgot to include type of car
Old 02-15-2013, 12:58 PM
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Sounds suspiciously like the Dead Battery Poltergeist to me?

The following users liked this post:
angel in va (02-15-2013)
Old 02-15-2013, 01:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

We are doing well here.

Your post title will not inspire one of our Tech guys to have a look.

And nowhere do you give even a hint as to what Jaguar Model you are talking about.

Shall we try again, only this time include the above basic information. Please.

Also for a better response, post your tech questions in your model specific section, you will receive more hits from the folk who know your model.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:27 PM

I edited my post as soon as i hit the "start thread" button. It is a 2002 x type. I've posted in the "x type" and 2 others sections yesterday with all the details and was told to buy a battery and was then sent to this section by the "techs". So here i am. A proud new owner of a car i've had for 2 weeks. Thanks for any help that i can get. And yes everyone else says a dead battery too so i just replaced it with a brand new one and am now waiting to see if the ECM resets but so far no luck.

Last edited by angel in va; 02-15-2013 at 01:29 PM. Reason: spelling errors
Old 02-15-2013, 02:09 PM
Veteran Member

Stick with the X Type section, only.

Follow your thread with as much info as you can, but document exactly what you did and what you are seeing..

I'm not overly familiar with the X Type, but, the tech types in the X Type section will hold your hand through a problem.

Online, they just need as much concise information as possible.

Stick with them.

They want to help you.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you making payments on your car? Some dealers install a shut-off/gps box on the car until it is payed off and they can be known to make loud beeping noises especially if your bill is due or near due. Other than that idk what to tell you

Old 02-15-2013, 03:05 PM
Question

Translator, i was told by a "Moderator" to come to the Mid-Atlantic section and post my problems since i'm in VA. I had already posted in 3 other sections such as the x type section because i wanted to get expert advice and i did. So i've only done as i've been told to do up to this point. All other posts have all info, make, model, noises, flashing lights, etc that i can give as to what is going on with my car from the point of when it wouldn't start on the 11th until 2 hrs ago when i put the new battery in and am now trying to figure out how to reset the ECM. I just left out make and model when i came here. Too busy explaining everything else i guess.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:08 PM
Angry

Just made my 1st payment last week

Old 02-15-2013, 03:40 PM

DreWRoolZ I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU!!!
I have been working on the car since Wednesday and missed 3 days from work and had people from all over the world give GREAT advice. Here you come and give your wonderful but un-thought of advice. So i say "Can't hurt to call the dealer and see what they and guess what? "Mam, every month when you make a payment you need to call us and manually set your PassTime Code. OH YEAH!!!!

Old 02-15-2013, 04:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 164 Posts

Well I'm glad you got it sorted !!!! I must admit I've never heard of a dealer Installed " Pay as you Drive system " or whatever it is !!

I cant see that system going down too well in UK ....Isnt it great when some one comes up with an answer

Welcome to the forums & nice to see you here !!

Old 02-15-2013, 05:00 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,913 Likes on 3,215 Posts

Angel, what part of VA are you in? I over in Southern Maryland (about 45 minutes beyond the 301 bridge from Dahlgren, look up Great Mills, MD). If you need assistance with you car, I am willing to help out. I have members with their cars coming down to my place all the time. I to have an X-Type and am not afraid to rip into the car to get it back up and purring.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:52 PM
Smile

Thanks. I hope you don't change your mind... I just bought my baby and when i got her she needed an 02 sensor, oil pan gasket and other 'little' things. I live right outside of Richmond. I come to MIR about 3 times a year so i'm slightly familiar with where you're talking about.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:26 PM
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Please tell us who this dealer is so we can avoid them in the future. This is really shabby...

Bobert

Old 02-15-2013, 08:13 PM

I'll just say that if you buy a car in Woodbridge, Va PLEASE don't make the same mistakes i did and have it thoroughly checked out 1st. I should have stayed in Richmond. I love my car though. She just needs some TLC. Cosmetically she's beautiful and in overall good condition but i should not be crying nor stressing over a Jag that i haven't owned for a month yet.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:33 AM
Veteran Member

Good that you have things figured out, I think.

Self deflating tyres will be next.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:26 AM

Haha you are welcome kinda didn't think that would be it but knew it was possible so glad i said something haha

Old 02-16-2013, 11:15 AM
Smile

Richard, i KNOW that it's good that it got figured out. I'm just sorry that i had so many great people on different threads about my situation wasting their time tryring to help me when their knowledge could have been well placed elsewhere helping someone who really needed it. But that's why i came here, to get help and i got it. If i had 1 thing to say about DreWRoolz it would be that he "Rox" bahahahaha bahahahaha.

"Mat it" or move over!!!! Pedal to the metal y'all

Old 02-16-2013, 04:05 PM
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I highly recomend that you find where this dealer has buried this device and have it disabled. It should have been disclosed to you that they had placed a disabling device in your car. You own the vehicle and this should have been disclosed to you. My guess is it is plugged into your connector for the OBD under the dash and may be simple to unplug.

Check your paperwork and see if it was disclosed to you anywhere in writing. I live in Northern Virginia and this awful....

Bobert

Old 02-16-2013, 09:02 PM

I will look for it in the morning. If i find it, it won't be there for long because i'm taking it out myself. I don't see anything in my paperwork and the loan office says that my car wasn't locked down for nonpayment but simply because i didn't call to get them to get my code put in after payment was received. How ridiculous!!!

"Mat it" or move over!!!! Pedal to the metal y'all

Old 02-18-2013, 07:47 AM

check with your local laws before removing it.. it may be illegal to do so although if it isn't in your paperwork anywhere you may be able to get around that