US Mid Atlantic MD VA DC DE WV

Uugghh!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 08:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah, i guess i'd better check into that 1st. jail isn't the place for me and they'll probably find a loop hole somewhere and find a reason to look me up.

Me under the jail.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:36 PM
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Angel,

Take your car to Sportscar Workshops off Broadway in Richmond, 804-421-0296. Explain to Ken what is going on. He is a bit eccentric, but he and his crew do good work. They can find the device and let you know if it can be removed. I would suggest you make an appointment and have them go over the car as well to let you know if there are any other hidden gems. A pre-purchase inspection after-the-fact if you will.

Also, you should contact an attorney and ask his or her advice. Any lawyer worth his or her salt will give you 30 minutes "fee free." In lieu of that you can try Legal Aid to get answers about the legality of the device. Their number in Richmond is: 804-648-1012.

Good luck.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

One thing to think about: If you leased the car, it is not yours, it belongs to the finance company and they can put anything on it and legally prevent you from removing it unless it detracts from the performance or safety of the vehicle. The fact that the car fails to start at the beginning of every month is something the dealer has to resolve permanently which is something that probably requires involving an attorney. It may be cheaper/easier to just make the call for the code once a month.

If you bought the car, I would yank out the cancer unless it is specifically cited in the loan agreement that you will leave it in the car.

(my 2 cents, and probably not worth much more)

Old 12-21-2014, 09:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 219 Likes on 181 Posts

Angel I find that a ludicrous situation. You're up to date and still need to confirm it? Unreal.

I'd be hitting the 'thanks' button on every helper. I wouldn't' have thought that possible.

Dealer paying for the new battery? Yeah right.