US Mid Atlantic MD VA DC DE WV

Virginia XK8/Aston lumper

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 06:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations and thank you for your service to our country!

Old 11-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Garage smaller than I thought... lol Got it all in there though! Now just gotta figure out how to make room to work on the car... R

Attached Thumbnails Virginia  XK8/Aston lumper-o3mx.jpg  
Old 11-21-2013, 08:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow, thanks Ronnie. I have bought an xk8 to do this conversion and have had many questions. How great to have found your posts here as they have given some great insight to some challenges ahead. I hope you find yourself back at the build soon and can share some more with those of us with cold feet on pulling this trigger...as you say...it will never be an xk8 again...lol

walt

Old 12-14-2013, 09:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 515 Likes on 333 Posts

Great thread!! I was considering that kit as well but I'm not up to that much alteration work and my brother who used to build replica cars in the 80's just isn't up to it.
I've found this front bumper I really want but I've contacted the manufacture in China and no word in weeks. I know it's not an Aston, but I like it and it keep the XK8 headlights I've already modified and blacked out. I'm still trying to contact this company so we'll see! Virginia  XK8/Aston lumper-image.jpg

Old 12-15-2013, 06:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Beautiful nose Philhef. I too am very gun shy about such a heavy altering of this car and am seeking other alternatives. It seems you have found a nice one. I hope you can track it down.

Old 12-15-2013, 09:23 PM
Received 680 Likes on 489 Posts
Default Let me know

Originally Posted by philhef
Great thread!! I was considering that kit as well but I'm not up to that much alteration work and my brother who used to build replica cars in the 80's just isn't up to it.
I've found this front bumper I really want but I've contacted the manufacture in China and no word in weeks. I know it's not an Aston, but I like it and it keep the XK8 headlights I've already modified and blacked out. I'm still trying to contact this company so we'll see! Attachment 65611

I like that nose as well, if you make contact please share the link as I'd like to order one as well.

Old 12-16-2013, 06:31 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by enderle
I like that nose as well, if you make contact please share the link as I'd like to order one as well.
Well, a friend on Jaguar Facebook page modifies cars for a living and is going to work on making this in January. I've seen his work and I think he can do it. One thing I asked him to do and he agreed is to utilize the stock fog lights from the 2000 and on XK8 instead of the ones pictured. He using his 2005 nose as the base and simply cutting and sculpting off of it so it should be a direct bolt on nose. Believe me, I'm in!!

Old 12-17-2013, 12:25 PM
Default Ademesh Fog lights instead.

Well, a friend on Jaguar Facebook page modifies cars for a living and is going to work on making this in January. I've seen his work and I think he can do it. One thing I asked him to do and he agreed is to utilize the stock fog lights from the 2000 and on XK8 instead of the ones pictured. He using his 2005 nose as the base and simply cutting and sculpting off of it so it should be a direct bolt on nose. Believe me, I'm in!!

Just a thought but these, for the Series X, would likely look much cooler.

Jaguar X Type LED Day Time Running Fog Lights

But I'm in regardless. (if the price isn't crazy).

Old 12-18-2013, 05:43 AM
Veteran Member

Just a thought but these, for the Series X, would likely look much cooler.

Jaguar X Type LED Day Time Running Fog Lights

But I'm in regardless. (if the price isn't crazy).
I've noticed those at adamesh. I wish they would show on a car and lit. They look just a bit busy to me but until I see them on and lit, I'm holding my opinion. I much prefer the led headlight rings I added to my stock headlights. Virginia  XK8/Aston lumper-image.jpg

Old 12-18-2013, 06:10 AM
Received 4,454 Likes on 2,426 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomad By Nature
...i went ahead and bought the wrecked AM on a cash and carry deal for 9k got it home this afternoon. went to town on getting all the salvageable stuff. Unfortunately the engine wasn't part of the salvageable stuff. pulled a head off to take a look and the engine is toast. but i got the front seats, guages, and i am in the process of harvesting the AM key hole for the cool square key thingy...
Hey I know it's been a while, but do you have the wrecked engine out of the Vantage? I might be interested, even if it's toast...

Old 12-21-2013, 03:16 AM

I really like the grille of that car too! But, to me, it's the rear end of the XK8 that needs the most work. And, I don't mean just putting some newer model tail lights either.. Anyway, I've been seeing more '97-'06 XK8s on the road lately.. Always catch my eye!

Old 12-21-2013, 05:51 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Ronnieb883
I really like the grille of that car too! But, to me, it's the rear end of the XK8 that needs the most work. And, I don't mean just putting some newer model tail lights either.. Anyway, I've been seeing more '97-'06 XK8s on the road lately.. Always catch my eye!
I agree and I'd like to pick and choose the best bits from several kits. Paragon has the best rear kit IMO.
And I too have been seeing more XK8 on the road lately. At least 5-6 more in my town than I've ever seen before!

Old 12-21-2013, 01:09 PM
Default Paragon

I agree and I'd like to pick and choose the best bits from several kits. Paragon has the best rear kit IMO.
And I too have been seeing more XK8 on the road lately. At least 5-6 more in my town than I've ever seen before!

I've ordered the new Paragon rear end. Shipping cost nearly as munch as the kit did and it will require some work for a US car. Will post pictures in my XKR Mod protect string when I have it painted and installed. It is due in next week but with weather and Christmas it may not make it.

Paragon Design UK - Jaguar XK8 and XKR X150 Style Paragon Body Kit

Old 02-01-2014, 12:21 AM
Default New Bumper

Here's what it looks like installed.

Attached Thumbnails Virginia  XK8/Aston lumper-xkr11.jpg   Virginia  XK8/Aston lumper-xkr8.jpg  
Old 02-01-2014, 06:49 AM
Veteran Member

Here's what it looks like installed.
I thought you may get this rear end.
Virginia  XK8/Aston lumper-image.jpg
I've seriously been thinking about the XF tail light mod. I think it's just parts that are cut, bonded and filled but I'm not sure if its necessary to have the complete bumper. Probably does.
If I could go back to the beginning, I'd have bit the bullet and ordered the X150 front and mina side and rear. I think Chris should work out with Paragon a deal to sell his parts here in the states. At least the front bumper! I know he could sell a couple dozen bumpers with no problem.

Old 02-04-2014, 10:09 PM
Default Bumper

I looked at that bumper but it was too plain for me. It would be great if Chris worked a deal. I've ordered the side panels from Paragon and that will likely finish the exterior of the car for me though I'm thinking of doing a wrap to change the look to something different for awhile.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:47 AM
Veteran Member

I looked at that bumper but it was too plain for me. It would be great if Chris worked a deal. I've ordered the side panels from Paragon and that will likely finish the exterior of the car for me though I'm thinking of doing a wrap to change the look to something different for awhile.
I think Chris is focusing in newer models now so he's not really doing much for the x100 anymore unless a customer request. Although I think he's making a mistake not doing a new front bumper. Now these x100's are priced so someone can put some $$ into updating them. I would love to see something incorporating the new F type grille. The possibilities are endless.

Old 02-06-2014, 04:51 AM
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Ashmart? U sure it wasn't Walmart? All that work too - Guys (hello from London by the way) - An Aston Martin is an Aston Martin and a Jaguar is a Jaguar - if you cut up a Jaguar and bolt on a bodykit - it's Jaguar with a bodykit ... NOT an Aston Martin so putting on AM badges is just kidding yourself. - Like those sad acts with a Ferrari body kit on their MR2's.
The XK8 is already a stunning looking classic sports car.
In my street there are two beautiful cars - one is a black Aston Martin the other is my beautiful, mint, metallic blue XK8 Coupe - i reckon he paid at least £50 000 GBP more for his and it's maybe 5% better looking (if at all).
Just 'my' opinion - not out to offend anyone here - cheers.
I fully accept it's your car and your money and your time - but in 'my' opinion if you want an Aston Martin - save up ...

Old 02-21-2014, 06:59 AM
Received 78 Likes on 58 Posts

Ronnie...... been 6 months at least since Ive been here but glad to see your still plugging along on the car. Cant wait to see it done. I bought a bodyshop and might just try one of these now.

Again, thanks for the parts for my XKR..... sadly I sold it and replaced it with a Range Rover, least its got a Jaguar engine, LOL.

Old 09-05-2014, 03:14 PM
Default Back from Deployment... What have I missed?

Great to be back! Just need to get back to work on the car.... I took some time to map out how I'm gonna finish this project. More on that later. Did a quick search to see what's been going on lately and found this. Noticed a few details that made me crack up - like the tire/wheel center used to cover up the steering wheel jaguar emblem, the rear window job, and the writeup calling it a "proper 4 seater".

Details
ASTON MARTIN VANQUISH KITCAR based on a JAGUAR XK8 – V8 Top speed 155mph returning 24 MPG & 0-60 of 6.1 seconds.. NOW AVAILABLE ON AUCTION P/ex available.. Wanted - RANGEROVER SPORT or 4-BERTH CAMPER VAN -to be honest; anything weird or wonderful, try me....

This vehicle has been correctly registered at DVLA as a Jaguar Vanquish - at Veranti Motors we have had a relationship with DVLA for over 10 years, ensuring our cars are not only completed properly, but also that they are correctly registered.... something even the discerning kit car builder can over look...

Amazing Carbon Fibre finish boasting the original Vanquish Wheels, lights, external trim, grills and badges to create a complete homage to the original masterpiece.. this vehicle has been correctly lengthened at the front and shortened at the back to complete the correct styling and wheelbase to capture the original cars style and class..

This vehicle was built by Veranti Motors and is a complete ONE OFF which was commissioned by our Managing Director as his personal vehicle – we do NOT have the moulds for this model, we will NOT be recreating it and will NOT be selling any kits or replicas of this vehicle in the future.. so please don’t ask!

This creation is not some cheap fibreglass kit from America which has been butchered and battered to make a similar shape to the original Vanquish and it’s not some plastic trim added to a poor base model... this is an original one off creation in fibreglass with a top quality car; being a Jaguar XK8 at its core.. V8 Power and sound to match a beautiful looking car....

The original car has FULL main dealer service history and was in exceptional condition prior to the conversion, it’s never been battered, abused or written off and all the documentation is available for the new owner.. It’s somewhat of a shame to refer to this car as a ‘kit-car’ as it doesn't have any of the inherent problems kit cars tend to face – everything works on the car; it doesn't leak anywhere, the doors open properly so you can actually get in, it has the correct seals around the doors so doesn't sound like driving a barn, it’s not a slow or weak car as a donor vehicle it’s a V8 290bhp (very quick) car – not a write off, this car looks, feels and drives the part of a proper supercar. Additional works added to this car include a stainless steel twin pipe exhaust system which gives the car a tasteful throaty roar befitting the car. This is coupled with a full induction kit. It also has gloss black detailing on the bonnet grills and the rear bumper has a black carbon fibre detail. In addition a few strategically placed badges have been added to the white carbon, full leather and black carbon fibre converted interior (which is exceptional on the XK8 and an amazing contrast) – with chrome dials, chrome gear surround and knob.

Remember this vehicle is a proper 4 seater so fun for all the family...

Followers of Veranti Motors will know we have our own workshop, paint shop and skilled mechanics who build our cars to a very high standard – you are welcome to come and view the vehicle but please contact us to book a appointment...

Vehicle Spec as follows

Full Body Conversion to include –

Front Bumper
Rear Bumper
Bonnet
Boot Lid
Front Wings
Rear Wings
2 X Door Pannels

Original Parts Used -
Vanquish Wheels
Vanquish Front Grills X2
Vanquish Front Lights
Vanquish Fog Lights
Vanquish Trim Boot
Vanquish Badges (Front & Rear)

To build a Vehicle to this standard requires a huge amount of time, effort and immense skill – not to mention a lot of money – if you were to attempt a project such as this even buying a cheap budget kit and a mixture of new & used parts then the costs could stack up as follows –
Kit (American import) - £1,996.00
Carriage and UK Taxes - £948.80
Original Car - £3,000.00
Wheels & Tyres (used) - £2,880.00
Wheel Alligners - £456.00
Front Grills (used) - £990.00
Front Lights (new) - £3,643.00
Fog Lights (new) - £360.00
Boot Trim (used) - £1,080.00
Badges (Front & Rear) - £228.00
Paint Work - £4,800.00
Labour??? (many hours)

Even excluding a budget for the labour costs (and assuming you can source all the parts) you would be looking at an easy £20k bill to build an unrealistic model as the kit used as the example is not as clean and tidy as this conversion.. To build a cheaper version of this car you would need to find a very cheap mechanic who could strip, rebuild, line up, style, fit and construct the whole model stripped, flatted and ready for the paint shop in UNDER 4 WEEKS!!!! Basically at the price this vehicle is listed (incidentally around 1/3 of the price of a second hand original car of this style) you might – and it’s a big might – be able to build a poor imitation model of your own.. the sale price of this exceptional build does not reflect the blood sweat and tears that went into building it – and we ended up painting it twice as well as the carbon wrap just to get the lines on the car correct!

The car is taxed and MOT’d ready to drive away – you are welcome to come and view the vehicle by arrangement through us - please use the contact us or call us to make an arrangement.

The vehicle is sold as an XK8 conversion and therefore any warranty will be limited to the original vehicle and will cover the usual mechanical element only. A third party warranty will be placed on the vehicle as standard unless the buyer requests no warranty on the vehicle.

This car has been on the road since 1998 but is in excellent condition for its age which is no surprise considering the work it has gone through – there are no ‘road’ marks on the car which means it’s pretty much show room condition. It was built over 18 months ago and has been very much enjoyed in that time – there are no dents, scratches and holes anywhere; even since the conversion the car has been very well looked after.

The Private Plate is NOT for sale with this vehicle.

Part exchange is a possibility on this vehicle and is at our discretion – on this particular vehicle our Managing Director is specifically looking for a Diesel Range Rover Sport V6 or V8 – not bothered about age or mileage, as long as it’s been looked after. Or if you have a nice 4-Berth Camper Van (that would very much keep my wife happy) Our Managing Director is also a HUGE fan of ‘weird and wonderful’ vehicles so don’t be frightened to try your luck! If you are looking to trade in your Range Rover Sport or any other vehicle please get in touch with us.

Quick Reply: Virginia XK8/Aston lumper