US Midwest IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Indiana Regional Post

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 09:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indiana Regional Post

Hi everybody! Just wanted to be the first Hoosier to "register" . I'm located in Muncie, about 60 miles NE of Indy where Ball State University is located.The closest dealer is Tom Wood in Indy. Give me a holler if you know of another reputable Jag mechanic in the areaName:  JagXJ803.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  94.3 KB!

Mike

Old 01-07-2008, 12:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Indiana Regional Post

fellow hoosier chiming in -- I'm in W. Lafayette - my closest dealer is also in Indy. I've found two great import mechanics in the Lafayette area that frequently service jaguars. It may be too far for you consider, but I'll mention them anyways:
Walter's Import
Auto Fitness (less expensive, but still good).

My Tom Wood experiences have been less than pleasant.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:09 PM

Thanks for the feedback on mechanics. Actually, my youngest child is a senior at Purdue, so I visit her there during various activities she participates in from time to time. I'll check those guys out!

Old 04-13-2008, 07:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might want to try Just Jags in Carmel. Larry Fritz is the owner/operator. (317) 844-8823. I've bought parts from him and he has given me very good info from time to time. I haven't had him do any work yet but I'm sure I will if I can't get through it myself.

Good luck

Old 04-22-2008, 08:21 PM

Thanks for the info on Just Jags. Carmel is much closer. I will have to look them up;

Old 07-21-2008, 09:23 PM

Zacharyzmm

Check the Michigan posts, I see that there is a dealer in Kazoo by the name of Denoyer. I have purchased parts there buy have no experience with service

Mike

Old 10-24-2008, 03:24 PM

Bacchus:

As a matter of fact I did go over and visit them. they are known throughout the country for their frame up restoration of vintage jags. They have several XKE's and the older XK's that they are working on at any given time. They do it all from upholstery to engine work to body frame and paint. But they are used to high roller customers. I had them give me an estimate on brakes for my 2000 S. It was over $800!! I had another brake place do it for less than half that and they seem to be working fine. I would probably use them for something castatrophic which is going to cost more than my $250 deductible on my extended warranty. But for normal service on non-warranty procedures I wouldn't go near the place. They are great at what they do best but for normal service, their heads are in the clouds. I live a little closer to earth! :0)

Mike

Old 12-06-2009, 06:33 PM

What's up my Indiana people! I just joined yesterday. Site is pretty cool. I'm in Fort Wayne and the mechanic place here is Alford Automotive. They really know their stuff and jags is just about all the work on. You may see some ferraris but thats about it. I just started production on a fiberglass corner box for the passenger side. Check out some of my other work at www.loslabs.com. Talk to ya'll soon!

Old 03-30-2010, 05:06 PM

Hey all, new to the forum and Jags. I'm in Evansville, down south on the Kentucky border, if anybody knows a good service place I'm all ears.

Old 04-12-2010, 01:17 PM

New owner in Evansville. Just bought an 07 X-Type Saturday.

Almost didn't buy the car because of maintenance costs, but we got a 3 year extended warranty so that put my mind at ease. Nearest Jag dealer is Louisville, but we were told that with the extended warranty any ACE certified shop can work on it. If they can't do the work, they'll send to it to whoever can (Foreign Performance in Evansville or Bluegrass Auto in Louisville). We'll see.

One of the reasons we bought a Jag was because you don't see too many of them. You see lots of 3 series Beemers, C class Mercedes, etc., but we saw 4 Jags on our drive home from the dealer. ;-)

Jason

Old 07-24-2010, 12:31 PM

@ Revopo & EvvDriver:

I'm a new Jag onwer as well here in Evansville!! Just bought a 2000 S Type this week and am pretty stoked about it!!

I got some TLC to do on the vehicle and I am looking for parts dealers, any suggestions?

I've contacted the salvage yards as well as foreign performance.

Hope to see ya trolling the LLOYD STOPWAY!!!!

Old 08-14-2010, 11:10 PM

Revopop, EvvDriver & Jagman 81.
Yet another new Jag owner in Evansville. With my wife's encouragement I bought a 2007 S-type on Father's Day weekend. Already made the first payment and still love it.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Greetings Fellow Hoosiers.
I'm in Lafayette, and have had my '07 XK about a month. It's a BRG coupe with about 73,000 miles on it, so I figure that I'll get to know the folks at Walters' Import Repair pretty well. However, it is a blast to drive, and most of the oft' mentioned issues were addressed by the first owner and Jaguar of Cincinatti, so I who knows ?

Old 08-19-2012, 10:11 AM

Im also a new Jag owner from Evansville
Hopefully you guys still have yours

Old 09-10-2012, 01:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hello all,
I just bought my 2002 X-type. I has a few headlight issues, it also needs new cats. I really need to find a shop near Demotte (NWI) that will look at it. all the grease-monkeys down here say "no thanks".