US Midwest IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Looking to meet up with Jaguars in Central to North Illinois

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013 | 01:04 PM
|
Default Looking to meet up with Jaguars in Central to North Illinois

Looking to meet up with Jaguars around La Salle County to Chicago. Trying to possible start a car club in this region if possible. Anybody know if there is currently something setup in this region? Thanks

Old 10-04-2013 | 03:03 PM

Hi there!

I do not know of anything that is already in place in your area. It would be great if you can get something going in your area.
If you hear of any classic cars meets taking place close to where you live, then you could post it here and we will try and get as many Jag owners in your area to show up.

The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (10-04-2013)
Old 10-04-2013 | 11:23 PM

Road trip any Michigander's???

Old 10-07-2013 | 06:02 AM
Default Yes!

Originally Posted by Casper
Road trip any Michigander's???
Hi Casper,

I would certainly make the effort to get there!

Old 10-09-2013 | 11:21 AM
|

Originally Posted by runnerpaul
Hi Casper,

I would certainly make the effort to get there!
I am definitely interested in getting a meet together even if its once or month. I am just surprised that there is nothing ever going on in this area. Would be nice to meet up sometime with my fellow Jag owners!

Old 10-14-2013 | 01:04 PM
Veteran Member

Anything we can do to help you to raise some interest here, please let the team know.....

BUMPED>>>>>

Old 10-30-2013 | 09:14 AM

Greater Chicago Jaguar Association. Check www.jcna.com go to club list, very active club.

The following users liked this post:
MidwestJag (10-31-2013)
Old 10-31-2013 | 04:21 PM
Veteran member

Thanks, Larry!

I have found meet-ups and car club participation to be pretty tricky. Man, if there was something truly local, I'd be an active member. I consider myself a genuine enthusiast and love to keep and show my cars. I keep an active membership (i.e. I pay my dues) for our regional Model A club mostly because I want to encourage the old-timers who are getting well up there in age; but I can almost never do anything with the club because of how much driving is involved. (And going the distance in a Model A pickup truck is a killer on the back!) The nearest Jaguar club is in Milwaukee. They are really active, but it might as well be in Indiana. I just can't drive hundreds of miles to get an ice cream at Culvers...

Admittedly, part of this is life-stage for me. Lots of little kids that right now it's more important to haul off to soccer games, etc., on the weekends. There is, however, a all-British car club in Madison that I've toyed with checking out. Here's a link for anybody interested: Madison British Car Group. Perhaps that's the secret for those of us who live in areas that just don't have a lot of Jaguar activity.

All that over-share said, if something was put together in northern Illinois or southern Wisconsin, and the calendar stars aligned, I'd do my best to go!

Scott

Old 11-01-2013 | 04:06 AM
|

Originally Posted by MidwestJag
Thanks, Larry!

I have found meet-ups and car club participation to be pretty tricky. Man, if there was something truly local, I'd be an active member. I consider myself a genuine enthusiast and love to keep and show my cars. I keep an active membership (i.e. I pay my dues) for our regional Model A club mostly because I want to encourage the old-timers who are getting well up there in age; but I can almost never do anything with the club because of how much driving is involved. (And going the distance in a Model A pickup truck is a killer on the back!) The nearest Jaguar club is in Milwaukee. They are really active, but it might as well be in Indiana. I just can't drive hundreds of miles to get an ice cream at Culvers...

Admittedly, part of this is life-stage for me. Lots of little kids that right now it's more important to haul off to soccer games, etc., on the weekends. There is, however, a all-British car club in Madison that I've toyed with checking out. Here's a link for anybody interested: Madison British Car Group. Perhaps that's the secret for those of us who live in areas that just don't have a lot of Jaguar activity.

All that over-share said, if something was put together in northern Illinois or southern Wisconsin, and the calendar stars aligned, I'd do my best to go!

Scott
I agree with you Scott...life does get hectic. I wouldn't mind having a once a month meet in Chicago. Who would be down if I set something's up?

Old 12-29-2013 | 12:28 PM

I would attend, but the last meet up we had, it was only me and one other member. Sounds like a good plan for spring.

Old 02-19-2014 | 09:32 AM
|

Originally Posted by fabfive
I would attend, but the last meet up we had, it was only me and one other member. Sounds like a good plan for spring.
Most definitely in the spring is there a contact info for everyone? Thinking of putting a master list together to see where a good meeting spot will be. Chicago is good but the traffic is what I hate the most. Hopefully one more month of winter before spring. All this snow is tedious on keeping my Jag clean!

Old 03-10-2014 | 04:28 PM

You guys take a ride in your jags in todays weather?

I'm hoping we can set a date to get an idea of how many members would be on board for a warm weather meet and greet.

Old 03-19-2014 | 06:48 PM

I just bought my car yesterday, so I am stoked and I'd love to be an active member of something, but schedule is ridiculous. Sundays are the only good days for me. If you plan anything in the area on a Sunday, I'll do my very best.