Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 11:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Milwaukee

Who's in milwaukee?

Old 04-25-2009, 01:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

I am!!!! Southside, not too far from Miller Park, but work up on the norhwest side.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:55 AM

awesome ... my office is in west allis .. not too far from miller park

Old 04-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Veteran Member

What kind of Jag do you have? Mine is a 2005 X-Type sport, gray in color. Got it last October and am still in love. Hope it stays that way. I know others on here have had some horror stories, but the worst seem to be in the earlier models. Maybe I'll see you at some point. I live around 35th and Lincoln.

Just curious, where do you take your car for service? I have had limited experience with Jenkins and they seem ok, but don't know enough to trust them. I am kind of skeptical of Fields as I would rather go to a local family owned business if possible, even though Jenkins is kind of inconvenient. For simpler things like brakes, tuneups, etc. I'll be taking it to Reina on 127th & Capitol, as I have a long 15 year relationship with those guys and trust them implicitly. I have bought my last 4 cars before this from them and almost felt like a traitor when I bought this one off the internet in Missouri. They understood and gave it a clean bill of health.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:10 AM

I do all car work myself ... Don't like to pay others unless I have to. Reina is a good place .... I forget the owner's name but i've talked to him a few times and seems like a good guy.

I've got an 02' 3.0.

Have you flushed your TC yet? I'm about to attempt that sometime soon .. probably next week. Also doing a double din install and pulling apart the door panels to fix the door handle issue that alot of people have.

Have any pictures? If I see you on the road i'll be sure to wave!

Old 05-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Veteran Member

I wish I had the tools/know how/space to tackle more things myself. The Reina boys take good care of me. There are three brothers: Joe, the salesman brother, Lorenzo, the older mechanic brother and Ignatzio, who works in the shop about a block away. They all look different

I asked Lorenzo awhile ago about flushing the transfer case. He said it probably wasn't necessary at the moment (mine just turned over 50K), but he would do it if I wanted. I'll have him do it at some point.

I'll get pictures of mine up soon. Just haven't had a chance until recently to get it cleaned up properly. Will do that soon as the weather looks like it's finally changing for real now.

I'll be looking for you on the southside!

Old 05-04-2009, 06:57 AM

I've got the tools ... just don't have a garage. i live in a condo and only have underground parking. If you ever want any help with anything, I don't mind helping. I can bring tools and ramps to get the car in the air. .... Anything to help another X owner

Old 05-07-2009, 05:47 PM
Veteran Member

Appreciate that very much. Thanks. Might take you up on that some day. Hopefully, it will stay bulletproof as it has been since I got it. Had it since October and haven't had anything happen other than a bent wheel and changinging the oil. Oh, and getting the borlas put on, but that was by choice. NOthing like coming out of work every day and looking at the profile when it's clean. Hop in, turn the key and everything seems right with the world.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in Waukesha/Pewaukee area right next to I-94. I am relatively new to the area and had been looking for some service places besides dealers. I have heard some crummy reviews from Fields in Waukesha in terms of their service department but great things about Jenkins. For the most part I do all my work myself and have on other cars but I live in an apartment and do not have all my tools here.

Nice to meet you guys!

Old 11-03-2011, 10:39 AM

45 minutes north of Mil if that counts. (Cedar Grove, just off I43)

Old 07-19-2012, 08:36 PM
Default New Member near Waukesha

No Jaguar yet, but I am looking....also looking for independent service facility.....any help appreciated....
Thanks Dennis

Old 10-20-2012, 07:49 AM
Default Here in Milwaukee as well

I live on the Southside, like a few of the others here. No Jag yet, but I'm looking into an XJ8..

Old 02-18-2013, 11:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

New member, south side (Bayview) and another who is just exploring the idea of buying a Jaguar. I have a Volvo now (serviced at Field's out in Waukesha because I will never in my life purchase or service a car at Jenkins again). Considering a certified XF but unsure of what year (ideally a 2012). The XF is the only sedan I've considered for my next car as I've mainly been looking at a 3 series coupe, an A5/S5, a CLK or an E-Class coupe. There's something about the XF though that's really drawing me in and it'll be nice to stick with Field's in the future.