US Midwest IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Are there ANY winding roads in ND?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 07:51 AM
Location: That Rectangular Hole in the Consciousness of America
Received 132 Likes on 91 Posts
Default Are there ANY winding roads in ND?

North Dakota is great - if your dog runs away you can keep an eye on him for 3 days or so, it's so flat.

Does anyone know of a road here in the state with a few curves in it? Someplace I can try out the supposedly great handling of my Jag?

Maybe a really scenic drive, too - one with a tree along side it or something.

(On that note, why does North Dakota have a state agency called the Forest Service ? Does anyone know where that forest is???)

Old 04-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce in North Dakota
North Dakota is great - if your dog runs away you can keep an eye on him for 3 days or so, it's so flat.

Does anyone know of a road here in the state with a few curves in it? Someplace I can try out the supposedly great handling of my Jag?

Maybe a really scenic drive, too - one with a tree along side it or something.

(On that note, why does North Dakota have a state agency called the Forest Service ? Does anyone know where that forest is???)
Hi Bruce,

Just looking at a map, the Arrowood National Wildlife Refuge has some windy roads. There appear to be either large bushes or small trees around the area. ND is the only state I know that has National Grasslands.

Mike

Old 06-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I spent many, many years in ND. There are a few curvy roads up around Bottinenau. Other than that, curves don't exist there. If you really want some fun driving, go down to South Dakota and tour the Black Hills (just not during Sturgis).

Old 07-03-2010, 10:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm, for some reason I always thought N.Dakota was full of winding roads. Maybe I was thinking of S.Dakota, it must be pretty scenic up there though. Close to fargo at all?

Old 03-17-2012, 09:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dk94xj6
hmmm, for some reason I always thought N.Dakota was full of winding roads. Maybe I was thinking of S.Dakota, it must be pretty scenic up there though. Close to fargo at all?
It's S. Dakota. But on the northeast not far from the N. Dakota border there's one. Take the Peaver exit off I-29 head east til you cross a lake. Then take a left on the next hwy. that road has a good wind just before you get to browns valley, MN. There's no bridge over the lake it comes right up to the road so sometimes u can't cross cause it floods.