US Northeast ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Anyone from Boston? Norway calling for help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2020, 07:22 PM
Received 161 Likes on 91 Posts
Default Anyone from Boston? Norway calling for help!

I'm from Norway and drives a 2000 XKR convertible (in the summer). My stepdaughter moved to Boston in August.
Is there someone here that would like to help me and give her a big surprise on her 23rd birthday in January?
It would be very fun if someone could drive to her house and wishing her happy birthday from her stepfather (and the Jaguar forum)
It would be the biggest surprise ever, and something she would never forget.

Anyone?

Old 12-13-2020, 08:45 AM
Received 340 Likes on 207 Posts

Hello NorXKR
What a great surprise that would be for your daughter! I would think such wishes would be very welcome for a newcomer from so far away especially under the Covid lockdowns. Is she at one the universities?

My wife and I live in southern Rhode Island so not too bad a drive depending on where she lives in the Boston area.
Where does she live and when is her birthday? Please PM me with details if you would. We do have friends in the Boston area who may be willing to help with her birthday “party” if we can’t.

The big issue we have are the COVID travel restrictions which prohibit our travel to Massachusetts with very narrow exceptions (a birthday wish visit isn’t in that list). Of course that may change by January but that would be doubtful given Rhode Island’s unfortunate level of infection.

And the winter weather combined with Boston traffic could also be a big travel issue especially if we wanted to drive the Jaguar. Rumors of a foot or two of snow on Wednesday and Thursday of this week!🙀. Probably a minor amount in Norway though😎.

I did have a brief visit to Andoya island and Oslo many years ago. Was early Spring and surprisingly Oslo weather was quite pleasant. Very memorable experience!

Hopefully others in the Boston Jaguar community will also respond and accommodate your thoughtful request.

My best to you and your family in the holidays.
Mike

Old 12-13-2020, 07:50 PM
Received 161 Likes on 91 Posts

Hello Mike, and thank you for your kind offering. But that would be way to much to ask for, it looks like a long trip from Wakefield to Boston at the Google Maps!
The Covid situation is a bit hard for her, as she don't know anyone in Boston and she is feeling very lonely. There are restriction in Norway too, so she can not come home for Christmas.
She works as an Au Pair in the Brookline area and her birthday is the 4th of january.
Fun to hear that you have been in Norway! I'm living 60 miles north of Oslo and we just have an inch or two of snow at the moment with a temperature at around 32 degree F.

Anyone in the area that wants to make a young girl a little happier?

The following users liked this post:
V7Sport (12-14-2020)
Old 12-14-2020, 06:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wakefield. That is north of Boston. I am a little closer being in Scituate (South of Boston). My wife and I may be able to manage this. Her birthday is Jan. 4th - and she won't be freaked out about a pair of strangers from the US coming to wish her a happy birthday? Let me consult the source of all scheduling (my wife), and the work schedule, and see if I can make this work.

-David (and dArcy)

Old 12-14-2020, 08:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dArce confirms sir. We would be delighted to do this. In a world where so much is lost in simple decency, I would be delighted to find a way to "give back" - we have so few opportunities to do so here.My e-mail address is: ace@ni-wumpf.com, and we can take this offline from the Jaguar group to arrange comm.s

-David

Old 12-14-2020, 08:46 AM

Hello Knights of ni
Awesome of you to consider helping NorXKR out. I’m in Wakefield RI next to Narragansett, not Massachusetts. Covid restrictions regarding travel are the issue for my wife and me to visit.
Your location in Scituate (Massachusetts, as of course there is a Scituate in RI as well) is much closer to Brookline so a visit would be more feasible on your part.
👍

Old 12-14-2020, 08:58 AM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I might be able to help you out here. I'm just south of Boston and maybe a I can plan a day trip to the city with my kids.

B

Originally Posted by NorXKR
I'm from Norway and drives a 2000 XKR convertible (in the summer). My stepdaughter moved to Boston in August.
Is there someone here that would like to help me and give her a big surprise on her 23rd birthday in January?
It would be very fun if someone could drive to her house and wishing her happy birthday from her stepfather (and the Jaguar forum)
It would be the biggest surprise ever, and something she would never forget.

Anyone?

Old 01-22-2021, 09:50 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by knights-of-ni
Wakefield. That is north of Boston. I am a little closer being in Scituate (South of Boston). My wife and I may be able to manage this. Her birthday is Jan. 4th - and she won't be freaked out about a pair of strangers from the US coming to wish her a happy birthday? Let me consult the source of all scheduling (my wife), and the work schedule, and see if I can make this work.

-David (and dArcy)
There's a Wakefield in Mass on north side the 128 Technology Zone.
And a Wakefield Rhode Island, with about 12 world class surfing points and reefs within about 10 mile radius,
inclu just a hop over the Bridge to Ruggles:

The following users liked this post:
V7Sport (01-22-2021)
Old 04-06-2021, 07:20 PM
Received 224 Likes on 116 Posts

Ah, sorry that I couldn't help with this. I didn't see this until today (otherwise I likely could have helped!)

Old 04-06-2021, 07:27 PM

NorXKR
How did you make out with the birthday wishes?