US Northeast ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Capt Tree

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 09:30 AM
Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Capt Tree

Any of you Jag owners heading down to Capt Tree Sunday? I will be there with a group of guys (Ferrari's, Porsches and Lambos). Not bringing the Jag, but will keep a look out.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Gary, appreciate your tenacity on this and would like to help.

I think that for tomorrow it may be just a little too late, however, if there are similar meets in the coming weeks etc, please feel free to make a post on it and pm me the details.

If you include the several most likely places for people to have as their location, such as Fort Worth, Texas, FL or whatever the case may be, I can send out a pm invitation to all in that area for you.

Old 10-18-2014, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by JimC64
Gary, appreciate your tenacity on this and would like to help.

I think that for tomorrow it may be just a little too late, however, if there are similar meets in the coming weeks etc, please feel free to make a post on it and pm me the details.

If you include the several most likely places for people to have as their location, such as Fort Worth, Texas, FL or whatever the case may be, I can send out a pm invitation to all in that area for you.
Thanks Jim. I will. Truth is the post is not getting traction. If owners want to go, they will. You can't lead a horse to water, or, in this case, a jag to a car show. I tried. At Capt. Tree, and everyone in the greater New York area knows where it is, is on every Sunday, all year long. Hugh turnout. I go. I take my kids. My wife comes along once in a while. But I give up. I tried to pump some life into the forum other than "how to change my sway bar bushings". But it seems no one is really interested. I will continue to seek technical help in the future, but bringing Jag owners together, to hangout and talk about our cars, won't happen anymore. I do love the forum. And won't push any more meets. Many seem to have excuses that shows me that they would rather leave their cars in the garage because it may break. For me, I'm waking up at 8:00 tomorrow and will drive with ten other cars for a great drive, and hang out for a few hours and be home before 12. Now that's a Sunday!

Old 10-20-2014, 11:06 AM

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...1&d=1413820812
Sunday,10/20/14 at Towne Bagel.

Attached Thumbnails Capt Tree-img_8576.jpg  
Old 10-20-2014, 03:19 PM
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Gary, are you guys going this sunday? thinking of heading down for an hour or two before the Jet game.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by FirehawkMike
Gary, are you guys going this sunday? thinking of heading down for an hour or two before the Jet game.
As of now, Plainview. Email me Fri or Sat and I will let you know. Plainview is easy from Bellmore. 135 Straight North. One of the Lambos (white one) will be there. He's from Bellmore too.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Originally Posted by Garyres
Thanks Jim. I will. Truth is the post is not getting traction. If owners want to go, they will. You can't lead a horse to water, or, in this case, a jag to a car show. I tried. At Capt. Tree, and everyone in the greater New York area knows where it is, is on every Sunday, all year long. Hugh turnout. I go. I take my kids. My wife comes along once in a while. But I give up. I tried to pump some life into the forum other than "how to change my sway bar bushings". But it seems no one is really interested. I will continue to seek technical help in the future, but bringing Jag owners together, to hangout and talk about our cars, won't happen anymore. I do love the forum. And won't push any more meets. Many seem to have excuses that shows me that they would rather leave their cars in the garage because it may break. For me, I'm waking up at 8:00 tomorrow and will drive with ten other cars for a great drive, and hang out for a few hours and be home before 12. Now that's a Sunday!
Gary, you're being really harsh, maybe overreacting a little?

There's plenty of life in this forum, for all to see, except you it seems?

Yes, we like to discuss repairs / mods / upgrades etc, thats a major part of why the forum's here in the first place.

There are meets happening as we speak, last few weekends and over the coming weekends too. We have 3 forum banners that can be had in attendance for signing currently for the UK, US / Canada and Australia too.

It just seems not so much in your vicinity, but perhaps that will change?

There's no point in getting all heat up about it because you made several posts at short notice and nothing came from it, then saying thats it, I won't try anymore and meets won't happen.

Meet events will happen moving forward, maybe even in your area, maybe a little forward notice and planning may help?
If you or any others decide to promote an event I'm more than happy to do a bulk mail to members in a certain region to help.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:00 AM
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Used to live around the corner from that town bagel know it well.

Old 10-22-2014, 12:33 PM

Guys,

Go on facebook and search for Gold coast Exotics Club. Send friend request. Any meets or shows will be posted. Hope to see you all.

Gary

Old 10-27-2014, 10:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

I used to do captree till I started liking sleep a bit better than waking up early on a sunday. Perhaps this li exotic meet thing will get me up in the morning. I know a bunch of people that still go to captree.