US Northeast ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

!! HELP ME CHOOSE: BERGEN or MANHATTAN Jag Dealer for Servicing??

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 11:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !! HELP ME CHOOSE: BERGEN or MANHATTAN Jag Dealer for Servicing??

Hello all. I just bought my first Jag, '07 XK convertible, and am thrilled with the purchase. The 2 nearest dealers to me are Manahattan Jaguar and Bergen Jaguar (NJ). The car carries the Select Edition warranty from Bergen Jaguar however I did not buy the car there. (Long story)

Basically I am looking for reviews or comments on these 2 dealerships. I would like to hear from anyone who has experience with these dealers both positive and negative. Initially I just want to have the car brought up to date on factory maintenance, but would like to pick one dealer and use them consistently. So your opinions would be very helpful. My instincts are that Manhattan Jaguar maybe much more expensive and a bit impersonal.

Finally, Manahattan Jag is offering a free multi point inspection at the moment. Has anyone tried this? Thanks in advance for your comments.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:27 AM

May be a bit late of a response,but I love the service in jaguar of Great Neck,Long Island.I actually purchased my car in Bergen,but its a hike from where I live so I do all my servicing in Long Island. They're very fast,helpful,and always give you detailed info explaining what was done or needed to be done.

Old 06-12-2010, 11:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I liked the Bergen Dealer, they are clean and attentive. HAd some good experience with them. The Manhattan one is always busy and you feel like a a regular car customer. I am from Manhattan but i prefer going to Paramus.

Old 06-25-2010, 03:11 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have used Great Neck Jaguar for my service since purchasing my X back in 2007. They are very nice, service is top notch and they will explain everything before doing the work.

And in Bellmore NY is JagPro. I have my car there now for some work. They are closer to my house and the prices are better then the dealer.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:37 PM
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

i used bergen jaguar once when i had my grandpa's old 98 xjr and got stuck on the thruway with it. even knowing I wouldnt be a repeat customer they were beyond accomadting even providing me with a loaner car.

Old 01-02-2011, 11:01 AM
Default Bergen or Manhattan Jag

I bought and have always had my Jag x type serviced by Manhattan Jag. It's been about 6 years.

They're very good with strong service and rep help, quick turnaround and free loaner cars.

I don't know Bergen Jag personally but Manhattan Jag is very good. Suggest that you visit them and inspect their service facilities. Great showroom (lot's of new and used cars - Jaguar, Landrover, Volvo, Mazda, Ford). Manhattan Jag seems to be an independent group within the Manhattan Ford organization.

An incidental plus - lot's of good small restaurants in the area

Old 02-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I used Great Neck Jaguar for about 70% of the maintenance done on my car. Like others have said, good, professional service, free loaners, and quick turn around. Only bad thing is it's about an hour away from where I live in Brooklyn.
I used Manhattan Jaguar a handful of times, good service, nothing special. The location is convenient and the service adviser was very helpful (think her name was Jennifer?).
I also used Ray Catena a few times, definitely the nicest waiting area, and they work on Saturdays which is a plus.
Good luck with your Jag!