US Northeast ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

No respect for cars in Boston!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 03:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No respect for cars in Boston!

This is just a rant. I moved my '05 XJR from TX in a covered car carrier. It's black and HAD mint paint. In less than 1 month I now have 3 different scratches. 1 front bumper, 1 rear bumper, and now the back by the trunk. What the hell is wrong with people here?

My car is garaged 95% of the time. It just kills me that it's apparently acceptable to scratch people's cars here.

Does anybody on here use a product to help prevent these scratches, or do i just need to have paint work done on an annual basis? Does anybody know a shop that's good with touch-up paint?

I now believe it was a mistake to have a black jag here. If I stay up north I'm buying a range rover with huge front and back metal bumper covers

Old 02-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My poor little Passat looked like a wreck after two years of parking in the lot at work. There is a childrens dance studio there and the kids whacked the crap out of my rear doors getting in and out of their suvs. Only one time did a parent bother to come to me to apologize. Guess that's Boston for ya.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:41 AM

We have the same issues here in Perth. It's all the kids in the #$%^&@*# 4x4s swinging their doors open into the sides of your car. If in doubt, I park in the middle of two spaces ..... popular? who cares!

Old 02-25-2010, 11:51 PM

check your car when you leave it...if there is a mark on it when you come back...kick out the car next to yours side window out.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:51 AM

Of the 8 different states I have lived in, MA and RI def. have the rudest drivers. And look around the the POS that they drive so they obviously don't give a crap about our cars. It seems to be indicative of this area...same with their sports fans...only place I've been where they take "bashing" their own sports teams to an extreme!! In Europe/ S. America fans shoot their sports figures for performing badly...Boston fans are a step behind.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I never had any problems when I lived in new england....

Of course I mainly drove a Range Rover with a ARB winch bumper on the front, a ARB bumper on the rear and sliders with nerfs sticking out on the sides those things are made to keep rocks from damaging the doors and sills so a car door was nothing

Old 03-08-2010, 09:12 AM
Default No respect for cars in Boston!

I've concluded people here are just inattentive ********.

I witnessed these 4 events in 24 hours:
1)i was at grocery line yesterday at beginning of aisle about to check out with 1 gallon of milk...guy came out of nowhere with a full cart and swooped in front of me and threw his items on the checkout counter. It actually happened so quickly that i didn't understand what happened. i just saw a flash of movement. my girl i'm dating just starting laughing.
2)i watched a guy knock a chained up bike in to a car. the bike could have been seen from a mile a way. He just kept walking and looked irritated there was a bike there
3)a girl attempted to open her cab door in to an sl55 amg that was valeted in front of a nice restaurant. the valet sprinted, stiff armed the cab door, and made the cab pull up
4)at same restaurant a guy tried to parallel park his acura in to a too small spot in front of a rolls royce...the guy just got waived off by the valets.

Old 03-14-2010, 01:33 PM
Default im in WMASS but i feel you pain

i frequent boston and hate the parking garages and lots there, no space to open your door and who knows what valet does with the car once they turn the corner.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:52 AM
Default Wonder

Guys, I have a 08 XKR And wanted to make it a little faster ,If I added a upgraded Pulley, how much H.P whould that give me. let me know,not that i need it it's knowing i got it.

Last edited by harrymitch; 12-08-2010 at 08:55 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

its all the libs, they think anyone who drive a jag is loaded so they take their fustration out on luxury cars.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:48 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RI people

I park in a separate fenced off area from other cars in my condos lot; unfortunately it’s near the street. When I get up in the am I look around the car for damage people think they are privileged to do to my Jag. Spray paint was one morning. Another bad one is people try to take off the leaper. Someone tried so hard one morning; they put a circular dent in the hood trying to twist it off. Another time someone thought it would be fun to slide across the hood. I resort to waxing it every couple of weeks. A state full of losers!

Old 09-27-2011, 05:11 AM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I've been relatively lucky - I've only been egged. I can't wait to move back to Pennsylvania!
I don't think it's that people are inattentive - I think they're ********. People up here just don't care. They all have a chip on their shoulder, an air of superiority and feel the world owes them something.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:56 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I've lived here my whole life, and the masses around here have seemed like miserable schmucks the whole time it's hard to have something nice around here. I'm planning to move to southern new hampshire to stay close to work. one of these days i'll make may way south...

Old 06-07-2012, 08:57 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hate to generalize, but i must say that up here in NH, MAss drivers are typically looked upon with disdain, they are readily identifiable because of the red and white license plates as well as the dented and dinged bodys of their cars. It is not just the lack of respect for cars in general, but their disregard of traffic law and failure to show common driving courtesy. Here's some of my favorite complaints, use your freakin turn signals, yield to pedestrians, and let people enter traffic even if you have the right of way once in a while, it's the right thing to do!

Old 06-07-2012, 09:36 AM
Received 4,461 Likes on 2,427 Posts

Originally Posted by drog321
3)a girl attempted to open her cab door in to an sl55 amg that was valeted in front of a nice restaurant. the valet sprinted, stiff armed the cab door, and made the cab pull up
4)at same restaurant a guy tried to parallel park his acura in to a too small spot in front of a rolls royce...the guy just got waived off by the valets.
Hmmmm....I need to get me one of these valets....