US Northeast ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Pittsburgh Area

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 09:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pittsburgh Area

Anyone have any thoughts on the two Jag Dealerships in the Pittsburgh Area? Either A&L in Monroeville or Bobby Rahal in Wexford? Anyone have any experiences or comments about either? Both are pretty close to me and I am wondering which one I should start going too for warranty issues.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:17 AM
Max
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mpd19091909
Anyone have any thoughts on the two Jag Dealerships in the Pittsburgh Area? Either A&L in Monroeville or Bobby Rahal in Wexford? Anyone have any experiences or comments about either? Both are pretty close to me and I am wondering which one I should start going too for warranty issues.
The two or three times I used a dealer it was A&L, being closer than Rahal. Although they did a good job, none of it was under warranty so I'm unable to evaluate that part of their service.

Regards, and good luck.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:21 PM
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought my 2005 XJR (used) from Bobby Rahal. The guy I dealt with (Bobby Roos) was great, the car was in great condition, the staff I interacted with were all polite and friendly and helpful. Had to be one of the most pain free purchases I can remember. Round trip lift to and from the airport to boot (I flew in from NY to look at the car). No hassle, no problems. I was happy.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My take on A&L is that they really don't understand anything that they can't diagnose with a computer, and they don't seem to mind that. Their emphasis really seems to be on BMW, and Jaguar is seen as their second line. They're completely clueless about any Land Rover that's not a current model, and even then only mediocre at best. They once chewed out a customer for off-roading his Land Rover...

Where I'm going is that it seems they really aren't enthused about getting things right in the service department. If it were my ride, I would choose Rahal over A&L.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:51 PM
Max
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

About a year ago I thought about taking our XK8 to A&L for an alignment and called to find out the cost. The service writer said $250.00, which of course is ridiculous, but that told me they weren't interested in the business. I have never gone back to them.

All our automotive work now goes to an independent who is close, is priced reasonably, works on many foreign brands, and, most importantly, all his work has been done right the first time.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:05 AM

I get a lot of business from people who tell me they want to avoid the dealer experience "at all costs"...

Old 04-06-2013, 05:25 PM

I need someone in SWPA to replace the oil pan in my X-Type. The pan and gasket are already enroute to me. It's a labor-intensive job, but I want someone who will charge me for only the actual time that the job takes and not what the book or computer program says I should be billed for. Any recommendations?

Old 06-02-2013, 04:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

I know I'm late to the party for this thread but I can't give Rahal enough props for the service they've provided me for my X, my STR, and my Range Rover. They are friendly, know what they are doing, have giving me more free schwag than you can shake a stick at (including free off-roading trips), the dealership is very nice and posh, free loaners, etc. But what really makes them great are the people, and they have a very competent staff of techs. They are honest and will tell you if you're going to waste your money doing this or that.

Yes, they are a dealer, and yes, they are a little more expensive. But they do it right, or will make it right. For my $ and as fond as I am for my vehicles, the STR in particular, it's worth the extra cheese.

Fatty did you find someone to do your gasket job yet?

Old 06-03-2013, 03:36 PM

Yeah, Chris, but unfortunately it was replacing the whole oil pan if you remember. I had a local place do it who was familiar enough with the car (prior owner of my Jag is their aunt) and they only charged me $625 for the labor. That was cheaper than anywhere else I called, and some places wouldn't do it at all because I was supplying the parts...

Old 06-06-2013, 07:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Oh yes that's right. $625 for labor is not bad at all considering the work required to do that job, well done sir!