US Northeast ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Warning, scammer in Boston...

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 05:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Warning, scammer in Boston...

Thanks for the heads-up! What an interesting thread that is and it appears the heat may be on the perp. I hope so.

He's not only a scammer, he's delusional.

Old 05-24-2008, 07:15 AM
Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

Thanks nlpamg,

Very thoughtful of you to raise the red flag where we can see it.

On a bit of a tangent, I just stopped in on Ebay and found that the whole "negative feedback" feature has been eliminated. I don't know about the rest of you, but that will cool my jets considerably, and I've bought alot of parts and a few cars through there. On occasions when I received parts that were DOA, vendors would usually go out of their way to make sure the situation was resolved satisfactorily, for fear of receiving negative comments. Now that this balance has been removed, the checks will continue to change hands...but the scammers will be hidden from view and the next victim will be on his own.

Old 05-24-2008, 01:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JTO,

I had heard something about eBay removing negative feedback but I just went to their site, did a search for Jaguar XK floor mats and found a seller with almost 4,000 feedbacks including some negatives. They have a 98% rating and the negatives are still there complete with commentary.

I have always depended on feedback ratings when buying something on eBay and I'd have a problem too if the negatives were removed. Maybe there's been a change of heart or perhaps it was a rumour?

And I should add a thanks to you and the other Jaguar Techs on this forum. You guys have provided some very insightful information and make this site better than any auto sites I've been on.

Old 05-24-2008, 01:47 PM
Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

Campy,
A word of thanks to you, and another in agreement that this site is the best. I learn something here everyday.

The Ebay change was a rumor, but it appeared as a pop-up when I logged on last night. I don't know how the implementation will affect existing feedback data, but the change she is a comin'.

Speaking of which...Good luck to Sarah Fisher, pride of Commercial Point, Ohio!!!