US Northwest Washington/Oregon/Idaho & SW Canadians

April Meet and Drives

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 02:40 PM
Received 6,326 Likes on 5,512 Posts

Thanks for the pics, it sounds like you all had a good day.

Old 04-21-2013, 04:31 PM
Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Astoria Run

Originally Posted by Marko
Awesome day indeed! Best trip for me yet, beautiful roads, landscape, but also 2 great companions (we actually had some good conversations going, besides the driving!).

Clevername, don't be too humble, without your organization this thing would never have happened!

I have a few more pics here, also pretty crappy (from my phone, and the light was bad anyways), but hey, it's for memory. Let's do this again soon!

Thanks Clevername & Growler!

Marko
Thank's back at ya both.
Yes....great drive. Good roads not much traffic, great spring colors on those back roads, and good company.
Stayed in Everett last night, looked out at the rain this morning and decided to head back to the great white north. Put the Doors." Riders on The Storm" on an endless loop, cranked it up and hit the road.
Seemed appropriate.

Got back in time to see my daughters team win their volleyball tournament.

Another great day.

Made it home so here are some more pix.

Attached Thumbnails April Meet and Drives-wa-west-coast-1.jpg   April Meet and Drives-wa-west-coast-2.jpg   April Meet and Drives-north-head-lighthouse-1.jpg   April Meet and Drives-north-head-lighthouse-2.jpg   April Meet and Drives-north-head-lighthouse-plaque.jpg  

April Meet and Drives-crossing-columbia.jpg   April Meet and Drives-crossing-columbia-2.jpg   April Meet and Drives-mouth-columbia-river.jpg   April Meet and Drives-astoria-cloumn-.jpg   April Meet and Drives-cats-columbia-river.jpg  

April Meet and Drives-hydrofoil-wreck.jpg   April Meet and Drives-shure-beats-i5.jpg  

Last edited by growler05; 04-21-2013 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Added Pix
Old 04-22-2013, 12:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 875 Likes on 633 Posts

Great shots Marko and Growler!

Was an honor for me to be with such great traveling company!

Wow, ya know, I got to looking at our return route in Google maps.... We really went off the beaten path. 411 my right foot! Guess I planted said foot straight through Vader and we wound up on 506, then Wildwood road for our pickup friend!
Longview, WA to N Schuster Pkwy - Google Maps
Coming up on hwy6 like that blew me away because I wasnt expecting it at all... A happy mistake to be sure as both 506 and Wildwood road were amazing.

<sigh> My car and I need to get lost more often.....

Vince

For the curious few, the ship seen derelict, is what remains of the USS Plainview

Last edited by CleverName; 04-22-2013 at 01:06 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:35 AM
Received 493 Likes on 372 Posts

Growler, that last one should go on the cover of some Jag brochure. Great shot.

The following users liked this post:
growler05 (04-22-2013)
Old 04-22-2013, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by CleverName
Great shots Marko and Growler!

Was an honor for me to be with such great traveling company!

Wow, ya know, I got to looking at our return route in Google maps.... We really went off the beaten path. 411 my right foot! Guess I planted said foot straight through Vader and we wound up on 506, then Wildwood road for our pickup friend!
Longview, WA to N Schuster Pkwy - Google Maps
Coming up on hwy6 like that blew me away because I wasnt expecting it at all... A happy mistake to be sure as both 506 and Wildwood road were amazing.

<sigh> My car and I need to get lost more often.....

Vince

For the curious few, the ship seen derelict, is what remains of the USS Plainview
Well I must say that "getting lost" like this begs the question now as to if the Bunker Creek and Lincoln Creek road is a continuation of this same amazing drive.
It may be worthy of a drive N to S someday on the way to somewhere else. we were only a few miles from Rainbow falls as it turned out.

Personally, I have always found that using the planned route as a way of keeping you going in the right direction works best for me.
Not being too rigid, following your nose and "getting lost" as you put it, can sometimes take you to places you would normally miss.
This was clearly one of those times.

Feel free to get lost more often Vince.

Great info on the USS Plainview as well by the way.

Allan

Old 04-22-2013, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Muddydog
Growler, that last one should go on the cover of some Jag brochure. Great shot.
I may have a few more shots of this route. Taking the rolling shots is always a crap shoot so to speak. More crap than good composition.
I will see what else I can dig up from the pix I took while trying to keep up with the other cats, drink my coffee, talking on the radio and adjusting the tunes. (Just Joking)

A bit fuzzy but here you go!

Attached Thumbnails April Meet and Drives-shure-beats-i5-2.jpg   April Meet and Drives-shure-beats-i5-3.jpg   April Meet and Drives-shure-beats-i5-4.jpg   April Meet and Drives-shure-beats-i5-5.jpg   April Meet and Drives-shure-beats-i5.jpg  

Last edited by growler05; 04-22-2013 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Couple more pix. Added the link for the map.
Marko (04-24-2013)
Old 04-22-2013, 08:40 PM
CleverName (04-22-2013)
Old 04-24-2013, 10:37 PM
Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by growler05
I may have a few more shots of this route. Taking the rolling shots is always a crap shoot so to speak. More crap than good composition.
I will see what else I can dig up from the pix I took while trying to keep up with the other cats, drink my coffee, talking on the radio and adjusting the tunes. (Just Joking)

A bit fuzzy but here you go!
Awesome pics Growler!!!

growler05 (04-24-2013)