US Northwest Washington/Oregon/Idaho & SW Canadians

Car storage/rental garages in Seattle?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 08:37 AM
Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Car storage/rental garages in Seattle?

I am new (incoming) to Seattle but not new to the Jaguar forums. My wife and I will be relocating from Northern California to Seattle in May and wanted to say hello Seattleites and all Pacific North Westerners!.

Part of this move includes downsizing from a house with a 3 car garage to an apartment in downtown Seattle and we would like to know if anyone can recommend a car storage rental facility. We have two Jags and only use the XKR on the weekends, but we do use it, so it needs to be accessible. There is garage space at the apartment building but I'd like to look at more "secure" options.

To further clarify we are not looking for a purchase option or "garage condo" at this time as we do not know our long term housing arrangements, yet. We are trying apartment life after 20 years of homeownership, so we will have to see how that goes.

Thank you in advance for any advise or help and I look forward to meeting a few of you on drives or meets in the near future.

Cheers!
Marc

Old 04-23-2015, 01:20 PM
Received 493 Likes on 372 Posts

We did that when we first moved here. It was fun living downtown! But we did eventually get tired of the shoulder-to-shoulder living. There are all sorts of garages downtown offering monthly rentals, but I'm sure the security varies widely. I think what most people in our building did was rent the extra spots from their neighbors in the same building. That's what we did to house our second car.

Old 04-24-2015, 12:51 AM
Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts

Welcome to the Pacific Northwest. Rents in downtown Seattle, including parking rates, are pretty high. I think I can squeeze it in my garage. Just leave the keys in case I need to move it for any reason...