US Northwest Washington/Oregon/Idaho & SW Canadians

Northwest Car Events 2013

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 09:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 875 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by Muddydog
You've got to be kidding me! I hope this thing is worth the wait I washed her up on Wednesday when we got a hint of sunshine here, and thought I'd snap a couple of pics. I was driving around trying to find a good backdrop when the skies clouded up again and rained on me. I admit I cursed a little bit My wife has been out of town so I've been driving her car all week rather than get mine wet. There's something wrong with that, isn't there?
LOL

I honestly can't tell you if the first one of the season is worth the wait, but like you, I'm doing my best to keep each Saturday morning open just to find out!
I think, (and hope) that the more these openings drag out, the greater the surge of participants will be out of shear excitement for sunshine!

Had the my kitty cleaned and prepped last weekend, so I couldn't just sit at home!

Vince

Attached Images  

Last edited by CleverName; 03-02-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Received 141 Likes on 82 Posts

You've got to be kidding me! I hope this thing is worth the wait I washed her up on Wednesday when we got a hint of sunshine here, and thought I'd snap a couple of pics. I was driving around trying to find a good backdrop when the skies clouded up again and rained on me. I admit I cursed a little bit My wife has been out of town so I've been driving her car all week rather than get mine wet. There's something wrong with that, isn't there?
Nothing wrong with that at all. I do it too -- once it's all shiny, I'll use something else. It's difficult for me to do a last minute clean Friday night... and I don't like getting up at 6am on a Saturday to do a detail!

Old 03-03-2013, 10:33 PM
Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up March Meets and Drives

Originally Posted by CleverName
Update
March 2nd - Exotics @ Redmond Town Center CANCELED sure DUE TO WEATHER
March 9th - Exotics @ Redmond Town Center Season Opener! - Redmond WA
IF the weather holds, I am hitting the road on Friday and coming down from the great white north to the "Exotics @ Redmond Town Center" season opener and check it all out.
If the day IS really sunny like they say and anyone has the urge to go for an afternoon drive after the event on Saturday, or a day trip on Sunday I would love to tag along and enjoy some of your favourite routes.
If anyone is interested let me know.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by growler05
IF the weather holds, I am hitting the road on Friday and coming down from the great white north to the "Exotics @ Redmond Town Center" season opener and check it all out.
If the day IS really sunny like they say and anyone has the urge to go for an afternoon drive after the event on Saturday, or a day trip on Sunday I would love to tag along and enjoy some of your favorite routes.
If anyone is interested let me know.
By all means, if the weather cooperates, come on down! No arm twisting necessary for drives. Saturdays kinda limited, but I'm open for anything Sunday!

Old 03-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Veteran Member

So, sounds like Growler is considering another run south from the great white north. Anyone want to show him around some fine roads on that side of the water? If not, I'll offer up my Sunday again for a drive to Pt Townsend if anyone is interested.
Vince

Old 03-07-2013, 11:05 PM
Veteran Member

So it looks like E@RTC is finally a Go!
Got out tonight and washed down the cat. Tomorrow I hope I have time for a fast coat of carnauba. My rocker panels still need work too.... grrrr

Wonderin who else besides Growler and myself plan on attending? Ratok? Muddydog? Anyone?
Would be good to let the parking thugs know a rough count so they can group us together!

I'm planning on arriving between 8:00 and 8:30, depending on how cooperative traffic is.

Think about grabbing a bite and a pint afterwards?

Vince

Last edited by CleverName; 03-07-2013 at 11:16 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:28 AM
Received 493 Likes on 372 Posts

Alright, I'm a go. I was going to have to go out of town this weekend (oh, bother!) but it got postponed! Well great, now I'm nervous. What if someone notices my swirl marks? Will the XKR guys make fun of me? /laughing at myself/.

I'll be there around or shortly after 8 after I drop my wife off for work. A pint after sounds great. I looked at the site and it seemed that there is a particular entry point they recommend, but I couldn't find it again when I looked. Does anyone know?

Old 03-08-2013, 12:18 PM
Veteran Member

Alright, I'm a go. I was going to have to go out of town this weekend (oh, bother!) but it got postponed! Well great, now I'm nervous. What if someone notices my swirl marks? Will the XKR guys make fun of me? /laughing at myself/.

I'll be there around or shortly after 8 after I drop my wife off for work. A pint after sounds great. I looked at the site and it seemed that there is a particular entry point they recommend, but I couldn't find it again when I looked. Does anyone know?
The trick is to get on Bear Creek Parkway paralleling 520, then turn up 166th Ave. you'll be guided from there.

V

The following users liked this post:
Muddydog (03-08-2013)
Old 03-08-2013, 12:44 PM

Yup -- I'll be there. Gotta get out today and detail Le Car.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:31 PM
Veteran Member

Outstanding!

Growler is uncertain bout "showing" unless he can get a quick detailing somewhere nearby. He may choose to be a spectator instead, as he is down here just to play around our roads. We shall see.

When you get there, be sure to mention a few others will arrive shortly!

Vince

Old 03-08-2013, 08:43 PM
Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by CleverName
Outstanding!

Growler is uncertain bout "showing" unless he can get a quick detailing somewhere nearby. He may choose to be a spectator instead, as he is down here just to play around our roads. We shall see.

When you get there, be sure to mention a few others will arrive shortly!

Vince
Played around in the sunshine all day and did get a little dirty but found Derek's near by and persuaded them to give me the once over so........I'm in............. all buffed up and ready to go.
The Cat has never looked so good.
See you all tomorrow.

Allan

Old 03-08-2013, 10:37 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My car is not ready to be shown. It's way too dirty and I'd rather ride my bike tomorrow given the weather. I also have bike stuff to do in the late afternoon.

Look for a silly blue BMW GS off road bike with lots of aluminum luggage. Wearing coat with BMW roundels on each bicep and yellow stripes on my arms.

Really looking forward to meeting some of you folks.

I'll go to Lil John on the way in and get some breakfast. I am one of those early risers that everyone hates. If you want to meet early, I should be at Lil John in Eastgate about 06:45.

Last edited by andnew; 03-08-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:09 PM

So sorry I didn't get to meet you, Andy! I didn't see this post until this morning. One of the mustang drivers was from my apt complex and I missed him too. There was a lot of moving about, and the cars were just a little distracting.

I posted my pictures here: Exoticsat Photos by Muddydog_xk | Photobucket
(One of them is Allan's)

From the pics you can tell I was a little overexcited about our little corner and didn't get around to see as much of the others as I planned, but I was having a blast, and there will be plenty of Saturdays to come.

The following users liked this post:
CleverName (03-10-2013)
Old 03-10-2013, 10:25 PM

It was great to meet you guys! Looking forward to more fun as the year progresses.

Some great pics in there Muddy -- now what about the rest of you?

Old 03-11-2013, 04:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I'll definitely have to check out the Exotics @ Redmond event! I've lived in the area for five years now (literally five years last month) and I never knew that existed. It's too bad that I missed Saturday's (I wouldn't have been able to go anyway because I had important plans, but there's always this coming Saturday...).

Old 03-18-2013, 12:00 PM
Veteran Member

added
April 27th - Spring Thing Rally (SeattleJagClub)

Old 03-20-2013, 12:07 AM
Veteran Member

added
September 7th - Winthrop Vintage Wheels - Winthrop WA

Old 03-26-2013, 12:07 PM
Veteran Member

So, with good weather in the forecast, who's stopping by E@RTC this coming weekend? (Mar. 30th)

V

Last edited by CleverName; 03-26-2013 at 07:39 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-27-2013, 09:18 AM

I'll be there this weekend.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:30 PM

I'm gonna try.

Quick Reply: Northwest Car Events 2013