US Northwest Washington/Oregon/Idaho & SW Canadians

WooHoo! we have a place of our very own!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 11:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just found this. Will keep an eye on it.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Northwest Jag Enthusiasts,

New to the forum but from the Cascade foothills in Monroe, WA. You want great roads to carve up, just come out here! I'm at the end of the loop of the North Cascades run if you come back over State Route 2. I am looking forward to meeting up with you guys, especially you CleverName since you seem to be the most active and vocal Northwest forum member. In the 2 months I've had my XJR I have been as far north as Campbell River on Vancouver Island B.C. and as far south as Astoria, OR.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:56 AM

Hey Swimref, I'm in Monroe. Looks like you're the closest to me that I've seen. Chuckanut is one of my favorite roads, be it on four wheels or two!

Old 07-20-2012, 11:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 875 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by carnival_xjr
Hey Northwest Jag Enthusiasts,

New to the forum but from the Cascade foothills in Monroe, WA. You want great roads to carve up, just come out here! I'm at the end of the loop of the North Cascades run if you come back over State Route 2. I am looking forward to meeting up with you guys, especially you CleverName since you seem to be the most active and vocal Northwest forum member. In the 2 months I've had my XJR I have been as far north as Campbell River on Vancouver Island B.C. and as far south as Astoria, OR.

Welcome
Yeah, I've been told I have a big mouth many times!
Looking forward to meeting up as well.

North Cascades is on my summer list, just not on a pined down date yet. (Probably Labor Day weekend from the looks of my calender so far.)

Driving Port Townsend>Whidbey Island>MarysVille>Edmonds and home with a few other driving enthusiasts tomorrow (the Sat. 21st). Sadly I'm still the only Jag in the group.

The 28th is the All British Field meet, and am thinking about grabbing my son and checking it out. Car shows are ok, but I'd rather be exploring back-roads.

I'm definitely pushing for a British Invasion of an Audi event on the 18 of August (Rainier/Mt St Helens Drive), so if you have that day open come on down and join me! Couple of XK series running together will certainly draw attention!

Hope something works out for a get together this summer. Hopefully with a nice road and a cold one at the end of it!

Vince

The following users liked this post:
carnival_xjr (07-21-2012)
Old 07-21-2012, 12:08 AM

The British invasion on the Audi event sounds great, especially since my brother is the proud owner of an '04 A6 S-line. Sadly I have two too many doors to be in the XK series, I'm a XJR Saloon. We shared the same powertrain in 2001 with the XK's, but I've got a wife and 2 kids and had to go more practical, although a 370 hp sedan is borderline practical! The two door Jag I may have some day is the father-in-laws 1963 E-Type. Either way, would love to cruise with you sometime this summer. And I agree, driving is much more enjoyable than walking around looking at parked cars!

Old 07-21-2012, 01:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 875 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by carnival_xjr
The British invasion on the Audi event sounds great, especially since my brother is the proud owner of an '04 A6 S-line. Sadly I have two too many doors to be in the XK series, I'm a XJR Saloon. We shared the same powertrain in 2001 with the XK's, but I've got a wife and 2 kids and had to go more practical, although a 370 hp sedan is borderline practical! The two door Jag I may have some day is the father-in-laws 1963 E-Type. Either way, would love to cruise with you sometime this summer. And I agree, driving is much more enjoyable than walking around looking at parked cars!
Nothing sad about an XJR... except I don't have one as a second car... Keep Aug 18th marked on your calender... I'd love to see how many Jag owners we can gather... If the numbers actually get up there, then we may choose to break from the Audi pack at some point to ease congestion issues, but I think it would be fun if we had six to eight cars at least! (Anyone got a Union Jack we can fly at the St Helens parking lot?) lol

Vince