US Southwest AZ, TX, NM, OK

Dallas Meet and Greet

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 10:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Evoking
Where is the Jazz meet and is there one today?
It's at Lightcatcher winery and bistro. Follow the link in catlovr's post above yours. There is Jazz today - Aug 4th.

Old 08-04-2013, 12:17 PM
Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

Ok great. We'll be there.

Old 08-10-2013, 08:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,107 Likes on 695 Posts

If anyone is looking for car-related stuff to do this weekend not necessarily Jaguar, come to the Yellow Rose All-Ford powered show at the Will Rogers Complex in Fort Worth. I have my 1968 Ford Mustang in the show. Ladies may want to bring a jacket as they have historically always kept it quite cold inside. Minor Jaguar content as some of the late model T-birds will have familiar looking engines.

YRCS

Old 08-17-2013, 04:54 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Meet and Greet in Carrollton??

Next Saturday, August 24th, the newly formed Carrollton Motor Club is hosting another all-car meet and greet. This would be a great venue for the Dallas area Jaguar Forums members to meet up. I will be asking the Jaguar Owner's Association of the Southwest (JOASW) members to join as well. Please post your interest on this Forum so we can get a head count.

The Carrollton Motor Club has posted more information in our Regional section regarding times and location.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:59 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Well sorry I didn't keep up with this or I would have come out to meet you guys.
This is an open invitation I am sending to your club members to join us for an informal fun meet and greet. There will be some hot rods sure, but a variety of others as well.
I am bringing my 09 C63 Mercedes sedan and a 62 Thunderbird convertible I just got a couple weeks ago. Nothing in common but fun beautiful cars. I started this club with that intention. Open gathering that is free to all enthusiast no cost to anyone. Please pass the word to any other groups any make, model, anything fun on wheels ALL are welcome. FLYER ATTACHED.

Thank you,
John

Attached Files
Old 08-18-2013, 10:49 PM
Veteran Member

Will try to make it next weekend if the weather holds. I took the XJ8 to the Christian Classic Cruisers last night. It was a fantastic evening, temps in the mid to low 80s, low humidity, just amazing considering it is August. Sorry I didn't bump this thread ahead of time, but I didn't know until the last minute that I was going to go. My brother and I were working towards lifting a body off a Corvette this weekend and ran into a few rusted bolts Saturday afternoon. Decided to knock off early, leave them soaking in penetrating oil overnight and go ahead and go to the car show. There was an S-type R at the show as well as an old E-type in addition to my XJ8. An older couple came by, the man wearing a Jaguar baseball cap who stopped to talk to me about my Jaguar. I think they said they owned a 1990 model XJ6 but it was not in the show. Several people commented on the classic lines of the XJ8.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:01 AM
Default Dallas Meet and Greet!

Here's your chance, everyone, to meet each other - this Saturday at the Carrollton Motor Club monthly car meet. The location is North Josey at Rosemeade. 8:00 - 10:00 a.m. See the flyer posted in this Region's threads. They have a large parking lot so there will be plenty of room for all of our cars. Let's show those muscle car guys what real style looks like. I'm bringing my XK Coupe. Let me know if you're coming so we can gather together. Thank you, John Stewart, for organizing this.

Last edited by XJJags; 08-21-2013 at 08:04 AM.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:26 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll be there with my XJ8 VDP, but will have to leave early (around 10:00am).

It's my wife's birthday and she wanted to go the grape stomping at the "Lightcatcher Winery & Bistro".

Last edited by MooSSe; 08-22-2013 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Left off reason. doh
Old 08-22-2013, 11:08 PM
Default Carrollton meet

The Mrs and I will be at the Carrollton meet this coming Saturday. We'll be in a silver XJL. Looking forward to meeting some fellow Jag owners.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:07 AM
GWS
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

GWS
My wife and I will try our best to be there.
Triple Black 2007 XKR Convertable

Old 08-23-2013, 10:34 AM
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I need to talk to the wife but I plan to be there in my XKR 175.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:48 AM

Awesome!!!! Really looking forward to seeing you all. This is what I had hoped for when organizing this club, a nice mix of vehicles for everyone to check out!!!

There is a really nice white MKII that's in Carrollton, RH drive, just immaculate. The owners name is Sterling. I met him at Indian Creek golf course he has another white MKII a few years newer as well.
Hoping to run into him again, if anyone knows him by chance. PLEASE invite him to meet. (Can't get the pic's to upload...I will bring to the meet)

Thanks...John

Old 08-23-2013, 09:54 PM
Default Carrollton Meet and Greet

I will be there with my XK Coupe.

Old 08-24-2013, 01:38 PM
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

It was very nice you guys at the meet this morning. I look forward to staying in touch and seeing you guys in future events.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 684 Likes on 555 Posts

Attended the Carrollton meet this morning and was surprised that many Jags showed up. Lots of good looking later XK coupes and a very nice 2000 XJ (didn't catch your name, sorry).

Wide variety of cars there from a pretty radical rat rod to new mercedes. A 1962 T-bird convertible was a stunner. A driver, not a trailer queen, my favorite kind.

Met some good people and recommend everyone try to make the next one.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:49 PM
Veteran Member

It was a long way for me but was good to meet several of you. I think there were seven Jaguars and eight owners. I like these sorts of informal cruise in type meets; no judging, no awards, just car talk. Plus, mornings work great in the Texas summers. I was starting to perspire about 10am as things broke up.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:03 AM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Carrollton meet and greet

Nice gathering of Jaguar owners, which provided a great opportunity to share stories, as well as useful tips and tricks. Unfortunately, I was the owner without a car there. My '08 XK is in a custom upholstery shop for a complete new interior. I'll start a new thread on this crazy adventure, which will proceed for the next three to four weeks. I'm hoping it will be finished before the JOASW concours event, but that may be pushing the schedule too much.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:46 AM

I would like to thank all of you who attended and participated in our second meet. What a great turnout by the Jaguar group. This is your club too folks, not exclusive to any make, model, origin or type. Free, friendly and fun that is how this will proceed and grow. We had a great variety turnout. Please spread the word to other enthusiast.
I have attached a Photobucket link of our meet. You all showed up in style my friends.
CARROLLTON MOTOR CLUB 08-24-13 MEET Photos by jrstewart1965 | Photobucket
Thanks once again. Hope to see all of you next month. I will post details here once organized.
John

The following users liked this post:
Jag#4 (08-26-2013)
Old 08-25-2013, 03:42 PM

Great to meet all those who turned up to the Carrollton meet. The wife and I enjoyed it. Thanks to John for setting it up. Looking forward to the next one.

I have some photos which I will add to an album on here as soon as I can.

I was the Brit with the XJL.

Cheers,

Andy

Old 09-02-2013, 03:53 PM
Default Carrollton Meet and Greet

It was a pleasure meeting all of you at the recent Meet and Greet in Carrollton. I thought we had a nice mix of new and older cars with a good variety of models displayed. I'm looking forward to the next one. I'll try and bring my '87 XJ6.

BTW, JOASW's annual Concours event is coming up a week from this Saturday in north Dallas at Prestonwood Country Club. You can come and spectate, put your car in our display section, or compete with the rest of us. There are several divisions including classes for Driven cars. See attached poster for more information.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2013 JOASW 43rd ANNUAL J.pdf (91.0 KB, 350 views)

Quick Reply: Dallas Meet and Greet